or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go › 2015-16 Chase the Powder Road Trip
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-16 Chase the Powder Road Trip - Page 2

post #31 of 44
Thread Starter 

Haven't sold anything at a Ski Swap in over 10yrs.  Thought I can use some $ for my trip so took 4 pairs of skis, 2 pair of boots to Swap in Couer d Alene and sold everything.  Adding another $600 to the Powder trip account.  Sold everything except one old shirt.  Didn't buy anything either so was a plus for me.

post #32 of 44

Here is another option for a pair of boot dryers.  I like that you have the option of ac or dc, but that may not b as much of a concern since you have the generator.  There also is a ac only version.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010A5JBPO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

post #33 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineac View Post
 

Here is another option for a pair of boot dryers.  I like that you have the option of ac or dc, but that may not b as much of a concern since you have the generator.  There also is a ac only version.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010A5JBPO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

 

Maineac, do you own a pair?  On battery DC do they draw a lot ?  thinking with the fan they may work better and be more efficient.  If you own how do you like them ?

post #34 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete No. Idaho View Post
 

 

Maineac, do you own a pair?  On battery DC do they draw a lot ?  thinking with the fan they may work better and be more efficient.  If you own how do you like them ?

 

You may want to keep your boots warm all night so no fan=no noise. Of course some fans are very quite=more expensive.

post #35 of 44
I leave the sticks in all night, shove my mittens in the next AM with the sticks still inside and drive to the slopes with the warm sticks, so when I arrive at the locker room, the boots are still toasty.
post #36 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibhusky View Post

I leave the sticks in all night, shove my mittens in the next AM with the sticks still inside and drive to the slopes with the warm sticks, so when I arrive at the locker room, the boots are still toasty.

 

I always worry about a heater being too hot and messing with the lining mold or something.

 

My  boot fitter suggested the Hotronic Snapdry, which is extremely quiet but still circulates air + a bit of heat: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W6JY36?psc=1 ... but it won't warm your boots up all toasty-like.

post #37 of 44
Been using those boots sticks for over 30 years, many pairs. Not worried about melting anything.

Heck, most of them don't even hurt to hold in a bare hand at full heat.
post #38 of 44

Pete they are nearly silent

post #39 of 44

I use the Peet Dryer.

Manufactured in St Maries Idaho.

Almost sounds like they were made for you.

36w/120v no fan no noise 

post #40 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bounceswoosh View Post
 

 

I always worry about a heater being too hot and messing with the lining mold or something.

 

My  boot fitter suggested the Hotronic Snapdry, which is extremely quiet but still circulates air + a bit of heat: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W6JY36?psc=1 ... but it won't warm your boots up all toasty-like.

will check out

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineac View Post
 

Pete they are nearly silent

 

ok will compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibhusky View Post

Been using those boots sticks for over 30 years, many pairs. Not worried about melting anything.

Heck, most of them don't even hurt to hold in a bare hand at full heat.

something to be said for this simple eperation

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noncrazycanuck View Post
 

I use the Peet Dryer.

Manufactured in St Maries Idaho.

Almost sounds like they were made for you.

36w/120v no fan no noise 

Have to eat some crow here,  my wife's in St. Maries Rotary with Peet owner and I have a pair, that I have never used, will get it down and get it running and see if what I need.

post #41 of 44

Actually .. I'm running the Snapdry right now, and I have to admit that it is not near-silent, but it's not that noticeable, either. Maybe slightly louder than a CPAP.

post #42 of 44

REI sells a Dryguy Circulator boot dryer for $29.95. It has no fan and what appear to be an aluminum plate with plastic fins. It draws 7.5 watts per tube on 110 house current. This is similar to what I use.

 

When my camper batteries are low I run my generator to power a smart battery charger and 1000watt electric heater. Instead of plugging my boot dryer into the generator I plug it into a small 12v to 110AC inverter. I go to bed with the generator running and when it runs out of gas in the middle of the night, the electric heater shuts off and the propane furnace thermostat activates the furnace as needed. Since the boot dryer is plugged into an inverter it keeps the boots warm all night getting power from the camper batteries.

post #43 of 44
Thread Starter 

Epic is pretty cool.   Now I have a lot of choices so will have to make a decision.   Think maybe lst will buy a 12v-110 inverter like Dano stated he uses and that will give me some flexibility. Thanks everyone.

post #44 of 44
This article just came across my news feed. Make sure to request the desktop version if you're on mobile.
http://ski.curbed.com/archives/2015/11/ski-area-overnight-parking-map.php
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go › 2015-16 Chase the Powder Road Trip