- 66 Posts. Joined 12/2014
- Location: Westminster, MD
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemAltatagged by marznc, 8/19/15
- itemBrightontagged by marznc, 9/1/15
- topicChristmas Vacationtagged by marznc, 12/20/15
- itemDeer Valley Resorttagged by marznc, 9/1/15
- topicMountain Collective Passtagged by marznc, 8/19/15
- brandPark Citytagged by marznc, 8/19/15
- itemPowder Mountaintagged by marznc, 8/19/15
- itemSnowbasintagged by marznc, 12/26/15
- itemSolitude Mountain Resorttagged by marznc, 9/1/15
- topicSpring Skiingtagged by marznc, 4/30/16
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat Last post on Yesterday at 3:08 pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Utah where to ski next few days lift tickets, 3 weeks in Utah for family of 5 Last post on 12/20/13 at 10:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- First trip out West, Winter Park or SLC 1st week of April? Last post on 11/29/11 at 4:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Upcoming Wasatch Trip - Mar 30 - Apr 4 Last post on Yesterday at 8:45 pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Easiest Mountain in Utah? Last post on 7/10/16 at 5:40pm in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- EpicSki Interview with Tim EastleyLast edited: 12/19/16
- Park City, UT - A PictorialLast edited: 9/20/15
- Alta - An Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/23/13
- Snowbasin, UT Unofficial GuideLast edited: 4/8/14
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
2015-16 Utah weather, news, conditions discussion - Page 25post #721 of 7286/28/16 at 12:12pmSolitude is very underrated. It has quality and variety terrain from groomers to open bowls and shutes.... Food is was cheaper than say park city!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #722 of 7286/30/16 at 4:23pmQuote:
Definitely the LCC road tends to have more traffic on a powder day. My understanding is that this is partly because Honeycomb Canyon is often closed for avalanche danger when the powder's freshest, and otherwise BCC doesn't have as much terrain to attract the hard-core powder skiers. Those who want to get the best possible powder skiing as soon as possible (and are willing to race to get it) tend to pick Snowbird; the powder hangs around longer at Brighton, Solitude, and Alta--but you might have to wait a little longer.post #723 of 7287/22/16 at 8:56ampost #724 of 7287/22/16 at 4:45pmQuote:
I totally agree and that's why I'll be getting a mid-week pass next season. Plus, the food has been upgraded due to Deer Valley buying it and is very good! Love all the off piste options.post #725 of 7287/26/16 at 4:01pm
Sounds like Cherry Peak's on track to open their summit lift this coming season (assuming it snows): https://liftblog.com/2016/07/19/cherry-peak-will-complete-summit-lift-for-2016-17/post #726 of 7287/26/16 at 5:28pmpost #727 of 7287/27/16 at 7:03ampost #728 of 7288/8/16 at 6:34pmThread Starter
It's time. New thread for 2016-17 created.
Mod note: locking this thread to avoid confusing newbies
This thread is locked
- 2015-16 Utah weather, news, conditions discussion
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- EpicSki Interview with Tim Eastley
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 2 minutes ago
- › How is it that every fresh snow fall is greeted as "A POWDER DAY"? 3 minutes ago
- › PA/DE/So. NJ 2016/2017 3 minutes ago
- › B.C. Canada - new resorts & existing resorts development. 5 minutes ago
- › Any old AFRC dudes out there? 17 minutes ago
- › How do I screw bindings on Stockli speedplates? 20 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 21 minutes ago
- › Nordica Patron 185 too long? 23 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 25 minutes ago
- › Skier dies in accident at Hunter Mountain 47 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview