- 63 Posts. Joined 12/2014
- Location: Westminster, MD
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemAltatagged by marznc, 8/19/15
- itemBrightontagged by marznc, 9/1/15
- topicChristmas Vacationtagged by marznc, 12/20/15
- itemDeer Valley Resorttagged by marznc, 9/1/15
- topicMountain Collective Passtagged by marznc, 8/19/15
- brandPark Citytagged by marznc, 8/19/15
- itemPowder Mountaintagged by marznc, 8/19/15
- itemSnowbasintagged by marznc, 12/26/15
- itemSolitude Mountain Resorttagged by marznc, 9/1/15
- topicSpring Skiingtagged by marznc, 4/30/16
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat Last post on Yesterday at 11:27 pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Utah where to ski next few days lift tickets, 3 weeks in Utah for family of 5 Last post on 12/20/13 at 10:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- First trip out West, Winter Park or SLC 1st week of April? Last post on 11/29/11 at 4:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Easiest Mountain in Utah? Last post on 7/10/16 at 5:40pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Ski Utah to announce plan for 7 resort interconnect Last post on 9/18/14 at 5:52pm in Skiing News
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Park City, UT - A PictorialLast edited: 9/20/15
- Alta - An Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/23/13
- Snowbasin, UT Unofficial GuideLast edited: 4/8/14
- Snowbasin Guide To Skiing SnowbasinLast edited: 4/26/11
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
2015-16 Utah weather, news, conditions discussion - Page 25post #721 of 7286/28/16 at 12:12pmSolitude is very underrated. It has quality and variety terrain from groomers to open bowls and shutes.... Food is was cheaper than say park city!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #722 of 7286/30/16 at 4:23pmQuote:
Definitely the LCC road tends to have more traffic on a powder day. My understanding is that this is partly because Honeycomb Canyon is often closed for avalanche danger when the powder's freshest, and otherwise BCC doesn't have as much terrain to attract the hard-core powder skiers. Those who want to get the best possible powder skiing as soon as possible (and are willing to race to get it) tend to pick Snowbird; the powder hangs around longer at Brighton, Solitude, and Alta--but you might have to wait a little longer.post #723 of 7287/22/16 at 8:56ampost #724 of 7287/22/16 at 4:45pmQuote:
I totally agree and that's why I'll be getting a mid-week pass next season. Plus, the food has been upgraded due to Deer Valley buying it and is very good! Love all the off piste options.post #725 of 7287/26/16 at 4:01pm
Sounds like Cherry Peak's on track to open their summit lift this coming season (assuming it snows): https://liftblog.com/2016/07/19/cherry-peak-will-complete-summit-lift-for-2016-17/post #726 of 7287/26/16 at 5:28pmpost #727 of 7287/27/16 at 7:03ampost #728 of 7288/8/16 at 6:34pmThread Starter
It's time. New thread for 2016-17 created.
Mod note: locking this thread to avoid confusing newbies
This thread is locked
- 2015-16 Utah weather, news, conditions discussion
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Park City, UT - A Pictorial
- › Long Leg Short Leg - improve your carving 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › The Narrower Stance? 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Intuition liners to replace my Hotronics? 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Last possible solution to boot problems? 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › Early season GS Training (video) 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 2 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › How can I help her? 3 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › liner packed out while skiing 3 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Both Polar Caps Record Lows, First Ever 3 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis