or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Skiing News › Lindsey Vonn Minor Setback in Training
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lindsey Vonn Minor Setback in Training

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

LIndsey Vonn reported in her social media streams that she suffered a minor setback with a fractured ankle while training in New Zealand 

See her twitter feed here

 

If its a minor fracture, how long will it take to heal so she can get back into training?  I'm betting she won't let it slow her down much. 

 

News outlets picked it up but don't seem to have much more information than what has been reported on her social media streams. 

SI.com

NBCSports

 

 

post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
 

LIndsey Vonn reported in her social media streams that she suffered a minor setback with a fractured ankle while training in New Zealand 

See her twitter feed here

 

If its a minor fracture, how long will it take to heal so she can get back into training?  I'm betting she won't let it slow her down much. 

 

News outlets picked it up but don't seem to have much more information than what has been reported on her social media streams. 

SI.com

NBCSports

 

 

I assume "minor" means she didn't displace anything or doesn't need surgery, and it typically takes bone 6 to 7 weeks to heal. By then, I guess we will have some snow over here! :-) 

post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by segbrown View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
 

LIndsey Vonn reported in her social media streams that she suffered a minor setback with a fractured ankle while training in New Zealand 

See her twitter feed here

 

If its a minor fracture, how long will it take to heal so she can get back into training?  I'm betting she won't let it slow her down much. 

 

News outlets picked it up but don't seem to have much more information than what has been reported on her social media streams. 

SI.com

NBCSports

 

 

I assume "minor" means she didn't displace anything or doesn't need surgery, and it typically takes bone 6 to 7 weeks to heal. By then, I guess we will have some snow over here! :-) 

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  Its interesting how much she's trying to down play this and how little the media sources know outside of what she's posting on Twitter and FB

post #4 of 10

My guess is that Tiger didn't send his private jet to bring her home this time.

post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrash View Post
 

My guess is that Tiger didn't send his private jet to bring her home this time.

 

 

Red Bull probably did though..

post #6 of 10
Looks like she is back in the gym & sporting a walking cast.
post #7 of 10

Gotta love her work ethic!

post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ster View Post

Looks like she is back in the gym & sporting a walking cast.

Not a cast, a walking boot, looks like to me. Similar to what I used last spring right after my achilles repair.
post #9 of 10

I'm surprised there are no comments on her latest hospital trip.  Breaking up a dog fight with your hands is not always the best thing to do.

post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78 View Post
 

I'm surprised there are no comments on her latest hospital trip.  Breaking up a dog fight with your hands is not always the best thing to do.


No comment.  :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Skiing News
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Skiing News › Lindsey Vonn Minor Setback in Training