Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Taos Ski Valley 2016-2017 Ski, Stoke, Weather Last post on 10/3/16 at 6:08pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Taos SnowSports Week 12/12/15-12/19/15 Last post on 12/22/15 at 10:39pm in Trip Reports
- Where to stay in Taos Last post on 12/13/15 at 9:48pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 10 Most Underrated Ski Resorts Last post on 12/6/14 at 11:20am in Après-Ski
- Taos Boot Doctors Fitting Last post on 8/2/14 at 4:30pm in Ski Gear Discussion
About Those German Trail Names at Taos
Last edited: 7/12/14
- Taos Grades High in GeographyLast edited: 10/1/14
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: Yesterday
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
2015 / 2016 Taos, NM Stoke & Weather - Page 34
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #992 of 10263/23/16 at 2:50pmpost #993 of 10263/23/16 at 3:11pm
I didn't make it up today. Dave's weather is currently reporting almost an inch.post #994 of 10263/23/16 at 3:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by bumpfreaq
I didn't make it up today. Dave's weather is currently reporting almost an inch.
Oh, I didn't know about Dave's weather, thanks. It looked like it had been snowing more or less all day, I'm surprised that's it. Better than nothing though!post #995 of 10263/24/16 at 5:39amBe careful checking the TSV weather page, it's infected with malicious code again (confirmed with Sucuri site scanner). I told them a few days ago and they cleaned it up but it's back. I've notified them again.post #996 of 10263/24/16 at 10:25ampost #997 of 10263/25/16 at 7:10pmQuote:
Oh, was that Lorelei? I could hear it from Ranchos...... it was LOUD!
=)post #998 of 10263/25/16 at 7:23pm
Well folks, I've shaved my Taos beard.
Came here for the mountain and the snow. The mountain did not disappoint, what a gem. I sure was hoping for twice the snow but can't complain, no regrets. Had a ton of warm, sunny, chalky days and the thought of returning puts a big smile on my face. No doubt that hanging with this hill and its inhabitants has upped my game and extended my vision
With a week left in my season I'm heading north to whiter trails and tighter trees.
Thanks for the memories =)post #999 of 10263/26/16 at 9:07ampost #1000 of 10263/26/16 at 10:26ampost #1001 of 10263/26/16 at 10:31ampost #1002 of 10263/26/16 at 10:32ampost #1003 of 10263/26/16 at 12:10pmpost #1004 of 10263/26/16 at 1:36pm
National weather service link from TSV's weather page.
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=36.59029621638818&lon=-105.45611143112183&site=abq&unit=0&lg=&FcstType=text#.Vvby3MtMFnEpost #1005 of 10263/26/16 at 1:49pmpost #1006 of 10263/26/16 at 1:58pmpost #1007 of 10263/26/16 at 2:11pmpost #1008 of 10263/26/16 at 6:40pmQuote:
MJ/WP skied really well today.
Don't worry, there is more in the forecast for WP Wed & Thu. May stay put here in WP and head down to Taos on Fri for the closing weekend. ,post #1009 of 10263/29/16 at 4:26pm
I just spent the last three days at Taos. Love this place, but it hasn't snowed here in months (just a slight exaggeration). If you are in Colorado (where the snow is), I'd stay there.post #1010 of 10263/29/16 at 4:56pm
Lofcaudio, sorry to missed your Taos visit. The snow is just too good here in MJ/Wp. Looks like we will get a bit more this Wed & Thu.
Will catch you next season at Whistler for sure.
Safe travels.post #1011 of 10263/31/16 at 10:39pmThread Starterpost #1012 of 10264/1/16 at 6:43ampost #1013 of 10264/2/16 at 12:01ampost #1014 of 10264/2/16 at 8:11ampost #1015 of 10264/2/16 at 10:31ampost #1016 of 10264/2/16 at 4:47pmpost #1017 of 10264/3/16 at 4:25pm
Phenomenal end to a great season at TSV.
Best coverage in a while for this time of year.
Started the morning going over to the peak. Everybody and their grandmother was there. TSV moved the pond skimming to the back side due to current construction. All the pond scum congregated at the back side.
Nevertheless the peak skied very well. Good snow and just stayed away from the crowd on main street.
After lunch, we lapped the front in order to get away from the crowd. The front was deserted. We had the runs to ourselves. Everything skied well, including west basin, upper front and lower front.
Working ourselves over to fifth chute along the west basin ridge.
The west basin chutes are in really good shaped still.
Talking to Slim about future job opportunities at TSV. I figure they'll need a slide dummy over the peak next season. With my prior work experience,I''m a perfect fit.
And I'm off to work on my resume.post #1018 of 10264/3/16 at 10:31pmpost #1019 of 10264/3/16 at 11:16pm
A later closing date was originally considered but management decided that it would be more beneficial to resume full speed with the current construction at the base as early as possible.post #1020 of 10264/10/16 at 8:18amInteresting. I skied Taos closing weekend and the base was non existant in numerous spots on lower mtn. They had to be exaggerating their base at that point by about 50%. Top of mountain skied well especially Kachina must have been below freezing up there.
This thread is locked
- 2015 / 2016 Taos, NM Stoke & Weather
- Taos Grades High in Geography
- › Ski Rack: Top of Vehicle with 6-8 Skis? 14 minutes ago
- › Relatively New Skier, Need Some Help On Ski Width/Shape! 15 minutes ago
- › Bode News 28 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 31 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD,... 43 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › what is the best advice you have on accident documentation? 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Ski size question 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Hard ear racing helmet for oddly shaped U10 head 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer