I don't know Crystal Mtn.'s base elevation but the forecast was for snow levels to drop to 4000 ft. by Sunday. That sounds not bad to me.
Stevens Pass NWS forecast for the highway elevation. Snow ahead. Sorry for the weird paste.
Low: 44 °F
High: 44 °F
Low: 34 °F
High: 35 °F
Low: 31 °F
High: 36 °F
Low: 29 °F
First snowfall on Vancouver's North Shore mountains. Just from the web cams it looks like the alpine at Whistler is starting to fill in.
Took the sports car off the road and put the ski box onto the Subaru yesterday, but I am not optimistic enough to put the snow tires on yet.
From Sun Peaks web cam at top of the Sundance chair at 5677', looking at mostly the east side of Mount Tod. It's a start.
The excitement levels are a little higher right now after the snowfalls at Whistler, Cypress, Grouse, Seymour, Hemlock and Manning. Unfortunately it appears that we may see a warm up pretty soon and have it all washed away. I'm reading conflicting stories, one article states the pacific blob has dissipated, another one states it's still going strong. The only hope is that there are many meteorologists stating that this year should see higher levels of snowfall than last season, about 10-30% less than a "normal" season. The snowpack in the cascades/coast mountains last year was scarily low.
The forecast up at the summit looks good in pictures. Details are more iffy. Up to 5 inches of new snow by Tuesday night. Unknown amounts Wednesday through Saturday.
My feeling is that it is optimistic to think about opening on Saturday and Sunday. I don't think they'll get enough for them to decide it's ok to open. I think they'll need to wait until the next storm cycle before they can open.
(As always, I don't want folks thinking I'm an official rep of Crystal based on my username. I am not affiliated with Crystal.)
Well, based on the 4pm forecast, I don't think Crystal will be able to open by the weekend. They're predicting up to about 6 or 8 inches of new snow this week and that just won't be enough in my opinion. Perhaps the weekend of 21st and 22nd if we get a good atmospheric river through the area.
Our weather forecasts are always given in mm for rain, cm for snow.
Mid station up should get a lot of snow but doubt there is going to be a 12 foot week down in the valley this early.
Sounds too optimistic to me.
Opening day is the 26th
Does everyone know about the buy 2 ski destination flights, get one free deal from Alaska?