Meanwhile, in my neighborhood, some dude driving a backhoe at 10:30.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemArapahoe Basintagged by marznc, 4/18/16
- itemBreckenridge Ski Resorttagged by marznc, 1/1/16
- categoryColorado Resortstagged by marznc, 8/22/16
- itemCopper Mountaintagged by marznc, 1/1/16
- itemKeystone Resorttagged by marznc, 1/1/16
- itemLoveland Ski Areatagged by marznc, 1/1/16
- itemTelluride Ski & Golf Resorttagged by marznc, 1/1/16
- itemWinter Parktagged by marznc, 1/1/16
Related Forum Threads
- Help me plan my tour of Colorado ski areas! [Feb 2014] Last post on 9/21/13 at 7:46pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Does it make any sense for an intermediate New England groomer skier to venture somewhere out... Last post on 4/30/15 at 6:22am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Best time of year to ski Colorado? Last post on 11/3/13 at 7:12pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Moving to CO, would like season pass help Last post on 4/10/12 at 4:32pm in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: Yesterday
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsLast edited: 5/28/13
- EpicSki Interview with James NiehuesLast edited: 9/14/16
- Unofficial Guide to BRECKENRIDGELast edited: 3/15/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
2015-16 Colorado Weather Discussion - Page 47post #1381 of 236511/28/15 at 10:46pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1382 of 236511/29/15 at 6:44ampost #1383 of 236511/29/15 at 7:20amQuote:Originally Posted by snoloco
How's Steamboat doing? I'm going around Christmas time and I've been watching their snow totals closely. They're at 58.5 inches so far this season. Is that considered good? I've never been there so I have no idea what kind of snow totals are considered good for this time of year.
Just skiied Steamboat over the holiday. Heading out today. In terms of the numbers I can't say, but the mountain opened a weekend early (very unusual) and the skiing is very good. Right now most of the skiing is in the Storm Peak area. Additional runs that funnel down from Storm Peak were opened yesterday and I wouldn't be surprised if more opened today. We were even able to do a little tree / meadow skiing away from the main runs. Storm Peak face is still roped off but patrol is having a hard time stopping people from traversing in from buddy's and skiing down, ie the conditions are that good.
From what I can tell there are even some runs on Sundown that could open. That side is currently completely closed off.
All in all sets up very nicely for your Christmas trip. A few more good storms and the whole mountain should be open from what I see.
Photo is below of BF on Dusk just below Storm Peak face.post #1384 of 236511/29/15 at 9:00amThread StarterAnybody know if Lunch Rock is open at Winter Park? They have more terrain open than I expected, and I'm planning a ski date with Mrs. NayBreak tomorrow. WP seems to be getting the most snow in this current cycle (4" last night) and I'm thinking tomorrow should be good. The Mrs. is not yet cold adapted to the season, so thinking WP will be best in terms of warming stops if the main lodges are open.
Thanks!post #1385 of 236511/29/15 at 9:09am
Yes, Lunch Rock is open. The Super Gauge is running so parking over at Mary Jane is the way to go. I was up there Friday and Saturday, they have a decent amount open now and there is plenty of fun to be had.post #1386 of 236511/29/15 at 10:22amThread Starterpost #1387 of 236511/29/15 at 9:31pm
There is not much open on MJ, but the coverage is good for what is. We ended up spending most of our time around WP, doing laps off of Eskimo and Olympia. Going back up tomorrow, hoping they get some accumulation overnight.post #1388 of 236511/29/15 at 11:55pmThread StarterQuote:
Looks like they are working on a few inches at this point. Should be a nice day 🎿post #1389 of 236511/30/15 at 7:08amThread Starterpost #1390 of 236511/30/15 at 9:11am
Have fun. I know at Copper I saw more sun than anything else over the last 4 days. In fact, I had the lawn chair laid back yesterday and fell asleep the weather was so beautiful. I know they reported 6" of new over the last 5 days. If they say so, I will take their word for it. Attendance really dropped off yesterday and by 1:00 p.m. wow. I did notice that since the ski camps departed the ski patrol was active and positioned along the slow signs yesterday.
Oh and no reason to talk about the drive home. At 4:00 p.m. At the end of a holiday weekend. It was as expected. Better than some and worse than others.post #1391 of 236511/30/15 at 10:21ampost #1392 of 236511/30/15 at 10:51ampost #1393 of 236511/30/15 at 10:52ampost #1394 of 236511/30/15 at 1:30pmThread StarterQuote:
Well...Mrs. Naybreak was feeling Copper, so here we are. Runs like Copperfield are ungroomed and full of chalky piles and bumps. Nice windfill and certainly hero snow. I suspect Jane skied very nicely today. I have to get north on Wed and am planning a Jane afternoon, but won't be a day like today.
We also saw champion snowboarder Kelly Clark at the coffee shop at Whole Foods at Frisco. Mrs. NB recognized her from the Olympics.post #1395 of 236511/30/15 at 7:22pmpost #1396 of 236511/30/15 at 7:46pmThread Starterpost #1397 of 236512/1/15 at 8:00ampost #1398 of 236512/1/15 at 9:50pmpost #1399 of 236512/1/15 at 10:04pm
To notify a member using @ messaging in Desktop mode, type the AT sign and immediately start typing the username (no space). A drop-down list will appear. You must pick the name off the list. Then ATUserName will appear in blue. Note that capitalization and spaces matter. Typing ATMaster is different from ATmaster. After you Submit your post, double-check that the username is in blue. Should be able to click on it and link to the user's Profile Page.post #1400 of 236512/2/15 at 5:40ampost #1401 of 236512/2/15 at 8:44ampost #1402 of 236512/2/15 at 1:44pmThread Starterpost #1403 of 236512/2/15 at 3:53pmpost #1404 of 236512/2/15 at 5:53pm
Manmade snow bumps pretty much suck but it's better than the other options at Copper right now. The Basin is in much better shape for bumps as long as you dont mind hitting rocks bit if you ski the Basin thats always true.
On the other hand, you and I have disagreed about bumps before:D
Hop see you had a great day Mike!post #1405 of 236512/2/15 at 6:44pmThread Starterpost #1406 of 236512/2/15 at 6:47pmThread Starterpost #1407 of 236512/2/15 at 10:03pmBump discussion=low tide in ColoRADy.
First day out in two weeks today; skied dirty bumps with my feet together at the Luv, making disorganized junk look like zipper-lines. No one noticed.
2nd day with bluetooth helmet audio. Loaded some new (old) music to stave off the snow-drought doldrums if I make it out tomorrow.post #1408 of 236512/3/15 at 11:33ampost #1409 of 236512/5/15 at 4:07pmpost #1410 of 236512/6/15 at 8:27pm
I skied Keystone during my work/play day.
All the way to Outback and back in a couple hours. South bowl was passable, the groomers on the way back were very fun on the Rossi E83s.
Looking back at South Bowl.
The view of the 10 Mile from Keystone.
They moved the Nth Starbucks in Summit County from a half mile away to this new location and added Drive Through.
This still has a ways to go.
Echo Lake on the way to...
Echo Mountain. We had the area to ourselves for a Masters GS/SL weekend. They open to the public this weekend.
This thread is locked
- 2015-16 Colorado Weather Discussion
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the April
- › Late Dec road trip, Tahoe, Sun Valley, Jackson Hole, Alta/Snowbird 4 minutes ago
- › Whistler 2017 Gathering- General Info, Questions and Advice Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Relatively New Skier, Need Some Help On Ski Width/Shape! 13 minutes ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 18 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 27 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 50 minutes ago
- › Killington Opens tomorrow (October 25th) 53 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › What Should our FEET FEEL? 6 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Atomic Redster Ski Boot Club 6 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer