or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Speculation - Breck to Copper Interconnect, ever?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Speculation - Breck to Copper Interconnect, ever? - Page 2

post #31 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBillsFan View Post
 

No official number available, but 900K-1M is probably more realistic.

Yeah, in the 2011 Master Development Plan, the average cited for the previous 10 years was 985,000. However, the yearly numbers had actually been decreasing since 2005-06 (hello Epic pass). I haven't seen other numbers, but I imagine that trend has stopped or at least slowed.

 

Last season, VR reported 5.5 million visits for its four resorts. Seems I've read that Vail and Breck both get about 1.6 million and Keystone 1 million, which leaves Beaver Creek with about 800K.

post #32 of 38
The Breck to Copper connection lools perfect. I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen in the next 25 or so years. On Google earth the Keystone/A-Basin/Loveland looks doable. What about Vail/Beaver Creek? Connecting all of the Aspen areas looks good too. If the Utah connect happens I think the Colorado areas are going to make moves to compete.
post #33 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post

The Breck to Copper connection lools perfect. I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen in the next 25 or so years. On Google earth the Keystone/A-Basin/Loveland looks doable. What about Vail/Beaver Creek? Connecting all of the Aspen areas looks good too. If the Utah connect happens I think the Colorado areas are going to make moves to compete.

 

Wind is a major factor. The tops of peaks 7 and 8 are pretty brutal. It's not just about the distance. I liked that tunnel idea .... 

post #34 of 38

I don't think there's anyway any of those Colorado interconnect ideas would ever happen.  The environmentalists will fight it tooth and nail, and the Forest Service is highly unlikely to approve it.

 

Mike

post #35 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by habacomike View Post
 

I don't think there's anyway any of those Colorado interconnect ideas would ever happen.  The environmentalists will fight it tooth and nail, and the Forest Service is highly unlikely to approve it.

 

Mike

Don't underestimate the power of $$$. I bet 50 years ago people would have said the same thing about some of the resorts expansions over the years. 

post #36 of 38

Nope, Mike nailed it.  

post #37 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
 

Don't underestimate the power of $$$. I bet 50 years ago people would have said the same thing about some of the resorts expansions over the years. 


Read the DP article in this thread.

 

http://www.epicski.com/t/141791/is-it-impossible-to-start-a-ski-area-on-public-land-today

post #38 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by habacomike View Post
 


Read the DP article in this thread.

 

http://www.epicski.com/t/141791/is-it-impossible-to-start-a-ski-area-on-public-land-today

 

Well yeah, but if we're talking 50 years out, lots of things could change - politically and with the public. Granted, I'd think they'd be more likely to stay/be more conservative, but you can't really say.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Speculation - Breck to Copper Interconnect, ever?