OK, the same as here then but I am always amazed that the insurance is so much when the National Organization's coverage is at least second, if not third or fourth on the list of insurers.
1) Provincial Medical Coverage
2) Any third party (i.e. work, purchased)
3) Alpine Canada Insurance
Found out the hard way when my son needed an X-ray then a MRI in Switzerland (total bill of ~1500 Cdn)
1) Ontario paid $40 out of the $120 for the X-ray, denied coverage of the $1300 for the MRI
2) Blue Cross paid $0 - out of country insurance doesn't cover skiing as it is a "dangerous activity". Buried deep in the fine print, shame on me.
3) Alpine Canada's insurance took several months, and numerous emails and phone calls to get reimbursed.
Moral: Don't expect the government plan to cover anything, hope your work insurance does, Blue Cross sucks, and eventually you can get your claim paid after 9 months.