or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Community Discussions & Forum News › Anyone know what happened to dawgcatching???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone know what happened to dawgcatching??? - Page 2

post #31 of 45
I feel like I need a better idea of what I want before calling them. I don't even know what size bike I need at this point.
post #32 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwdrhnd View Post

I feel like I need a better idea of what I want before calling them. I don't even know what size bike I need at this point.

Go for the 20" Schwinn Stingray..it's what all cool kids are riding. 

post #33 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post

Go for the 20" Schwinn Stingray..it's what all cool kids are riding. 
I had one of those when I was a kid with the banana seat and sissy bar👍🏻.
post #34 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
 

Go for the 20" Schwinn Stingray..it's what all cool kids are riding. 

 

My parent's got me a Huffy.

post #35 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwdrhnd View Post

I feel like I need a better idea of what I want before calling them. I don't even know what size bike I need at this point.

Go for the 20" Schwinn Stingray..it's what all cool kids are riding. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwdrhnd View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post

Go for the 20" Schwinn Stingray..it's what all cool kids are riding. 
I had one of those when I was a kid with the banana seat and sissy bar👍🏻.

To clarify, the cool kids had Stingrays, the rich kids had Krates (apple,grape/orange/Ghost/ect). The cool rich kids had fastback's. Just as a note, I had none of the above, I had a knock off Vista. Am I still pouting? :mad Noooooooo. 

post #36 of 45

When I was about 14 and into the BMX scene, my parents were cool enough to buy me this

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/motobike_a__5_30_00_lg.jpg

 

It's a BMX that Yamaha made back in mid 70's. Like a dumbass when I got about 17 all I cared about were cars then so the bike rusted away :mad

post #37 of 45
@Philpug, you can still pick one up on Ebay for 2-3k😳. Mine was a green 3 speed. Wish my mom would have saved it instead of all of the other junk she has in her basement.
post #38 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHREDHEAD View Post
 

 

My parent's got me a Huffy.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
 

 

 

To clarify, the cool kids had Stingrays, the rich kids had Krates (apple,grape/orange/Ghost/ect). The cool rich kids had fastback's. Just as a note, I had none of the above, I had a knock off Vista. Am I still pouting? :mad Noooooooo. 

 

LOL, My parents never bought me a bike at all!  No kidding, I found parts in the garbage (remember when we had those town trash days when people would put all kinds of stuff at the curb?) and built my own bike!  It was a hunter green schwinn frame and all kinds of other parts.  no gears, coaster brakes.  Yeah baby!  

post #39 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwdrhnd View Post

I feel like I need a better idea of what I want before calling them. I don't even know what size bike I need at this point.

If you call him, he can help you sort it all out.  Thumbs Up

post #40 of 45

@Finndog, coaster brakes were the best for doing skids!  I'm planning on going out this afternoon and looking at bikes and perhaps do a couple of test rides.

post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
 

 

 

To clarify, the cool kids had Stingrays, the rich kids had Krates (apple,grape/orange/Ghost/ect). The cool rich kids had fastback's. Just as a note, I had none of the above, I had a knock off Vista. Am I still pouting? :mad Noooooooo. 


...hey I wasn't a rich kid, but my father did buy me a Grey Ghost, which I out grew in terms of use, traded it in for a lightish-medium blue Schwinn Continental 10speed. I had wanted a Peugeot PX-10, all the rich prep school kids had them:\

post #42 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwdrhnd View Post
 

@Finndog, coaster brakes were the best for doing skids!  I'm planning on going out this afternoon and looking at bikes and perhaps do a couple of test rides.

 

Oh yeah, when I got bored of riding the 10 speed, I'd get a friend dig thru the junk in the garage and take out the old coaster brake bikes my older sibling had as a kid and ride them in the woods:)

 

That was fun as all get out! We'd do hills, spin out, skid, jump stumps and creeks, wipe out, tumble and have a absolute blast:))

 

Thank you for reminding me of those priceless times:)))

post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonorchid View Post
 

 

Oh yeah, when I got bored of riding the 10 speed, I'd get a friend dig thru the junk in the garage and take out the old coaster brake bikes my older sibling had as a kid and ride them in the woods:)

 

That was fun as all get out! We'd do hills, spin out, skid, jump stumps and creeks, wipe out, tumble and have a absolute blast:))

 

Thank you for reminding me of those priceless times:)))

LOL, I think you meant to capture a different quote but yes, if you wanted a bike, you had become resourceful.  I did beat the crap out of that thing jumping off any curb or uneven sidewalk :)  

post #44 of 45
Amazing thread hijack, but in a good way. I do feel like the old guy sitting around reminiscing. Oh yea, I am old😏.
post #45 of 45

Ehh, that's what the summer and early fall posts are all about! Thumbs Up

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Community Discussions & Forum News › Anyone know what happened to dawgcatching???