Related Forum Threads
- Skiing near Denver Last post on 2/28/16 at 5:17pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Rental Car Prices To The MOON in Denver Jan - Mar Last post on 10/4/16 at 4:16pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Winter Park ski train set for 2016-17 Last post on 9/4/16 at 9:34am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Winter Park or Loveland Week Before Christmas? Last post on 8/30/16 at 8:03pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Driving from Frisco Colorado to Salt Lake City in mid February Last post on 8/5/16 at 3:21pm in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: Today
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A PictorialLast edited: 1/5/16
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsLast edited: 5/28/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
DEN A Basin - Page 2post #31 of 356/10/15 at 1:28pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 356/10/15 at 1:29pmThread StarterQuote:
Question for SHREDHEAD...
Do you find the sudden move from 500' to 11,000' messes with you? I mean, I ski all season and live at 5,100' and I notice the altitude, so I can't imagine adding an extra 5k to mix.
Alpine Skiing, not much trouble. Hiking the bowl, if I take my time, a little. Trying to keep up with really fit local friends at 12,000ft., yeah, I'm dying.
I've always been kind of slow and steady on the up track.
My normal SOP is to fly in the night before. I usually take it pretty easy that night and drink a lot of water.
I sometimes have trouble sleeping >8000ft the first few nights.post #33 of 356/10/15 at 2:01pm
Slow and steady on the hikes is where it's at. I couldn't tell you how many youngsters blow past me only for me to reach the summit and have my skis on before they have started to catch their breath. My goal is never to be out of breath on the way up. If you can't talk normally, you are going to fast.
Staying in Denver is a great plan, as well.post #34 of 356/10/15 at 9:10pmCome join me on Sunday, June 14th in Ski to End Alzheimer's. The Longest Day is a team event to raise funds and awareness for the Alzheimer's Association. Held annually on the summer solstice, the duration of this sunrise-to-sunset event symbolizes the challenging journey of those living with the disease and their caregivers. Teams are encouraged to create their own experience as they fundraise and participate in an activity they love to honor someone facing the disease. Since A-Basin is scheduled for closing on the 14th,we moved our longest day up one week. Register to be part of our team or to make donations at www.ALZ.org select "Join the Cause" then "The Longest Day" then "Register Now" then "Join a Team" under "Find a Team" enter "Ski to End Alzheimer's". Come join us on the longest day in an effort to end Alzheimer's (we will be in PURPLE). Hope to see you their to finish the season.post #35 of 356/13/15 at 3:04pm
Checked out Lakewood Costco liquors @ seg's advice. No knock-out pricing, but scored some Kirkland anejo tequila. Not the greatest sippin' anejo but pretty good @ $20 / liter. Really shines for mixing a smooth margarita.
- DEN A Basin
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A Pictorial
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 52 minutes ago
- › Marker WC Piston Control Plate Mounting 53 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › FS: Jackets, Hats, Gloves, & Mittens 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › how to adjust Marker Titanium SC bindings? 2 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 2 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Silver Mountain, Idaho has a new owner 3 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Where to ski to see majestic mountains out West (for intermediate... 3 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 4 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer