Related Forum Threads
- Skiing near Denver Last post on 2/28/16 at 5:17pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- It's been a long time, looking for some logistical help [staying in Dillon Dec. 18-22] Last post on 11/29/16 at 5:25pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Cables or Chains for FWD Rental in Denver Last post on 11/15/16 at 6:42pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Logistics Colorado Christmas Trip w/ Wife Last post on 11/5/16 at 7:21pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Aspen Condo/hotel recommendation? Last post on 11/7/16 at 11:41am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A PictorialLast edited: 1/5/16
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsLast edited: 5/28/13
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
DEN A Basin - Page 2post #31 of 356/10/15 at 1:28pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 356/10/15 at 1:29pmThread StarterQuote:
Question for SHREDHEAD...
Do you find the sudden move from 500' to 11,000' messes with you? I mean, I ski all season and live at 5,100' and I notice the altitude, so I can't imagine adding an extra 5k to mix.
Alpine Skiing, not much trouble. Hiking the bowl, if I take my time, a little. Trying to keep up with really fit local friends at 12,000ft., yeah, I'm dying.
I've always been kind of slow and steady on the up track.
My normal SOP is to fly in the night before. I usually take it pretty easy that night and drink a lot of water.
I sometimes have trouble sleeping >8000ft the first few nights.post #33 of 356/10/15 at 2:01pm
Slow and steady on the hikes is where it's at. I couldn't tell you how many youngsters blow past me only for me to reach the summit and have my skis on before they have started to catch their breath. My goal is never to be out of breath on the way up. If you can't talk normally, you are going to fast.
Staying in Denver is a great plan, as well.post #34 of 356/10/15 at 9:10pmCome join me on Sunday, June 14th in Ski to End Alzheimer's. The Longest Day is a team event to raise funds and awareness for the Alzheimer's Association. Held annually on the summer solstice, the duration of this sunrise-to-sunset event symbolizes the challenging journey of those living with the disease and their caregivers. Teams are encouraged to create their own experience as they fundraise and participate in an activity they love to honor someone facing the disease. Since A-Basin is scheduled for closing on the 14th,we moved our longest day up one week. Register to be part of our team or to make donations at www.ALZ.org select "Join the Cause" then "The Longest Day" then "Register Now" then "Join a Team" under "Find a Team" enter "Ski to End Alzheimer's". Come join us on the longest day in an effort to end Alzheimer's (we will be in PURPLE). Hope to see you their to finish the season.post #35 of 356/13/15 at 3:04pm
Checked out Lakewood Costco liquors @ seg's advice. No knock-out pricing, but scored some Kirkland anejo tequila. Not the greatest sippin' anejo but pretty good @ $20 / liter. Really shines for mixing a smooth margarita.
- DEN A Basin
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A Pictorial
- › Long Leg Short Leg - improve your carving 5 minutes ago
- › Forearm Armor 10 minutes ago
- › Suggestions for lessons Vail [- A Family Skiing topic] 10 minutes ago
- › The Narrower Stance? 11 minutes ago
- › Monster 88's: to pull the trigger? 14 minutes ago
- › Winter 2016-17 What are your Skiing Goals? 48 minutes ago
- › Intuition liners to replace my Hotronics? 50 minutes ago
- › The 2017 Oregon Ski Safari : 60 years old. 50 years of skiing... 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Boot Selection: 130 Panterra, Lange XT, Cochise, or Krypton 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Intermediate Zone planning thread. 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis