Related Forum Threads
- Skiing near Denver Last post on 2/28/16 at 5:17pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- First Family Trip Out West... advice needed Last post on 1/12/17 at 3:09pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Traffic in from Denver, CO to Vail and other ski resorts. Last post on 1/14/17 at 8:35pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Biggest ski/snowboard stores in Denver? Last post on 1/4/17 at 11:05am in General Skiing Discussion
- East coaster headed west [4-day Epic Pass, lodging in Dillon, early Jan] Last post on 12/29/16 at 10:53am in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A PictorialLast edited: 1/5/16
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsLast edited: 5/28/13
I can't believe this is the first review! There are three "local" mountains near Metro Vancouver (Cypress and Grouse mountains being the other two). The three are less than 30 minute drive from...
I had very good experiences skiing here. Unlike most PA resorts, I rarely ever had to wait in a lift line. That alone makes it one of the best options in Eastern PA. It's not as tall as other...
I really like Blue Mountain, and was a season pass holder there for a couple of years. If you're in the Philly area or Lehigh Valley, this is your best bet. Personally, I like it better than...
Went there for the first time since moving to St Louis. This is the ONLY option if you live her (or anywhere south of here). To get somewhere meaningfully better, you either have to drive 12...
With a 4,000 ft. vertical its no wonder Kicking Horse is renound for their expert terrain. Well, maybe not renound since so few people have heard of it. Ridge after ridge of extreme ski lines is...
DEN A Basin - Page 2post #31 of 356/10/15 at 1:28pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 356/10/15 at 1:29pmThread StarterQuote:
Question for SHREDHEAD...
Do you find the sudden move from 500' to 11,000' messes with you? I mean, I ski all season and live at 5,100' and I notice the altitude, so I can't imagine adding an extra 5k to mix.
Alpine Skiing, not much trouble. Hiking the bowl, if I take my time, a little. Trying to keep up with really fit local friends at 12,000ft., yeah, I'm dying.
I've always been kind of slow and steady on the up track.
My normal SOP is to fly in the night before. I usually take it pretty easy that night and drink a lot of water.
I sometimes have trouble sleeping >8000ft the first few nights.post #33 of 356/10/15 at 2:01pm
Slow and steady on the hikes is where it's at. I couldn't tell you how many youngsters blow past me only for me to reach the summit and have my skis on before they have started to catch their breath. My goal is never to be out of breath on the way up. If you can't talk normally, you are going to fast.
Staying in Denver is a great plan, as well.post #34 of 356/10/15 at 9:10pmCome join me on Sunday, June 14th in Ski to End Alzheimer's. The Longest Day is a team event to raise funds and awareness for the Alzheimer's Association. Held annually on the summer solstice, the duration of this sunrise-to-sunset event symbolizes the challenging journey of those living with the disease and their caregivers. Teams are encouraged to create their own experience as they fundraise and participate in an activity they love to honor someone facing the disease. Since A-Basin is scheduled for closing on the 14th,we moved our longest day up one week. Register to be part of our team or to make donations at www.ALZ.org select "Join the Cause" then "The Longest Day" then "Register Now" then "Join a Team" under "Find a Team" enter "Ski to End Alzheimer's". Come join us on the longest day in an effort to end Alzheimer's (we will be in PURPLE). Hope to see you their to finish the season.post #35 of 356/13/15 at 3:04pm
Checked out Lakewood Costco liquors @ seg's advice. No knock-out pricing, but scored some Kirkland anejo tequila. Not the greatest sippin' anejo but pretty good @ $20 / liter. Really shines for mixing a smooth margarita.
- DEN A Basin
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A Pictorial
- › Snowbird Tram - What is the point? 2 seconds ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Replacement for Rossignol S86 Freerides 178cm - One or two... 10 minutes ago
- › Alberta/Eastern BC - 2016/17 12 minutes ago
- › Another "looking for a new ski" help [replacing Atomic Metron,... 15 minutes ago
- › Steelers Baby! 18 minutes ago
- › Re-mounting bindings for smaller boots 19 minutes ago
- › Skiing is hard...how bad am I? [living in Switzerland, beginner adult] 24 minutes ago
- › Base and side angles on Line Prophet 98 41 minutes ago
- › Please help with Utah trip [first trip out west, from PA] 44 minutes ago
- › Mount Seymour by jhkc
- › Jack Frost Mountain by Angus215
- › Blue Mountain Ski Area by Angus215
- › Hidden Valley Ski Area by Angus215
- › Kicking Horse Mountain Resort by tank8681
- › Laurel Mountain Ski-Resort by Laurel Hill Crazie
- › Abom Goggle by pchewn
- › Wolf Creek Ski Area by ExWanabe
- › Mt. Baldy by Hoben02
- › Brighton by Hoben02
- › A Brief History of Alpine Skiing
- › MIPS Helmet Technology Explained
- › EpicSki Interview with Tim Eastley
- › Flamingo drill
- › Bamboo over the shoulder drill
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...