Related Forum Threads
- Skiing near Denver Last post on 2/28/16 at 5:17pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Summit County 2/26-2/28 Last post on 3/2/17 at 3:35pm in Trip Reports
- 2017 Geezer Snowbirds Tour Last post on 3/14/17 at 6:22pm in Trip Reports
- Are flight delays into Eagle/Vail common? Last post on 2/4/17 at 8:14am in General Skiing Discussion
- Advice for April Skiing this Year? Last post on 3/3/17 at 8:11am in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A PictorialLast edited: 1/5/16
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsLast edited: 5/28/13
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
DEN A Basin - Page 2post #31 of 356/10/15 at 1:28pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 356/10/15 at 1:29pmThread StarterQuote:
Question for SHREDHEAD...
Do you find the sudden move from 500' to 11,000' messes with you? I mean, I ski all season and live at 5,100' and I notice the altitude, so I can't imagine adding an extra 5k to mix.
Alpine Skiing, not much trouble. Hiking the bowl, if I take my time, a little. Trying to keep up with really fit local friends at 12,000ft., yeah, I'm dying.
I've always been kind of slow and steady on the up track.
My normal SOP is to fly in the night before. I usually take it pretty easy that night and drink a lot of water.
I sometimes have trouble sleeping >8000ft the first few nights.post #33 of 356/10/15 at 2:01pm
Slow and steady on the hikes is where it's at. I couldn't tell you how many youngsters blow past me only for me to reach the summit and have my skis on before they have started to catch their breath. My goal is never to be out of breath on the way up. If you can't talk normally, you are going to fast.
Staying in Denver is a great plan, as well.post #34 of 356/10/15 at 9:10pmCome join me on Sunday, June 14th in Ski to End Alzheimer's. The Longest Day is a team event to raise funds and awareness for the Alzheimer's Association. Held annually on the summer solstice, the duration of this sunrise-to-sunset event symbolizes the challenging journey of those living with the disease and their caregivers. Teams are encouraged to create their own experience as they fundraise and participate in an activity they love to honor someone facing the disease. Since A-Basin is scheduled for closing on the 14th,we moved our longest day up one week. Register to be part of our team or to make donations at www.ALZ.org select "Join the Cause" then "The Longest Day" then "Register Now" then "Join a Team" under "Find a Team" enter "Ski to End Alzheimer's". Come join us on the longest day in an effort to end Alzheimer's (we will be in PURPLE). Hope to see you their to finish the season.post #35 of 356/13/15 at 3:04pm
Checked out Lakewood Costco liquors @ seg's advice. No knock-out pricing, but scored some Kirkland anejo tequila. Not the greatest sippin' anejo but pretty good @ $20 / liter. Really shines for mixing a smooth margarita.
- DEN A Basin
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A Pictorial
- › First Chair Introductions - Where? How often? Solo or with others? 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › March 2017 Image of the Month Contest 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › 178CM SALOMON QST 118 W/ AXIAL2 120 2 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 2 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Ski Boots - size question 2 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Using the ankles to maintain balance and to increase your skills 2 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Blizzard quattro rx 174 , like new condition 3 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › How fast do you ski? 3 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › AT setup for in resort use? 3 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Powder or corn 3 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview