or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Spoiler for Lange Boots - where to find?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Spoiler for Lange Boots - where to find?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Recently bought a new pair of Lange RX 120's at the end of this season ... Got in 2 "half" days on them at the end of March. Love them so far. Great fit for me and good performance.

I've read that they have an adjustable forward lean, via a spoiler that velcro's to the back of the liner (sits between the liner and the shell behind your calf) - This takes the forward lean from 12 to 14* .... 2 questions:

1.) where can I find/buy these spoilers? (Hit up the manufacturer directly?)

2.) I know that one of my main weaknesses skiing is failing to get forward pressure on my boo tongues and getting some weight over my tips .. i.e. Getting back on my tails/ in the back seat .. Will more forward lean in my boots help or hurt me in trying to take a more forward stance

I am an advanced intermediate - advanced level skier. Definitely no expert but I like to ski pretty fast and aggressively. Ski mainly in MI at Boyne, and out west - CO or MT - once a year ... Skiing these boots on a pair of 173 Blizzard Bonafides

Thanks for the input !!!
post #2 of 12

The spoilers were in the box. If there weren't, they got removed in the fitting process. Call the shop. They'll have extras. Shouldn't cost you a penny.

 

(Also have them check your doriflexion... if you have limited mobility in this regard, you"ll need some extra fitting attention. Have someone grab your phone and take some video of you for the fitter to look at. It can be helpful. It might be a coaching issue, or it might be and equipment issue.... tough to say from afar. )

post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
Great, thanks for the suggestions. I will have to dig through the box they came in. (I took a flyer and ordered them online b/c they were 60% off .. poor college kid for another year and a half haha)
post #4 of 12
More foward lean is likely to put you in the backseat. It may seem counter-intuitive, but that is one of the problems with older boots. I have a pair of 7-8 year old Technical Diablo Pros with a fair amount of forward lean and I had a terrible time staying out of the back seat until I got newer, more upright boots.
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tskeebs View Post

Recently bought a new pair of Lange RX 120's at the end of this season ... Got in 2 "half" days on them at the end of March. Love them so far. Great fit for me and good performance.

I've read that they have an adjustable forward lean, via a spoiler that velcro's to the back of the liner (sits between the liner and the shell behind your calf) - This takes the forward lean from 12 to 14* .... 2 questions:

1.) where can I find/buy these spoilers? (Hit up the manufacturer directly?)

2.) I know that one of my main weaknesses skiing is failing to get forward pressure on my boo tongues and getting some weight over my tips .. i.e. Getting back on my tails/ in the back seat .. Will more forward lean in my boots help or hurt me in trying to take a more forward stance

I am an advanced intermediate - advanced level skier. Definitely no expert but I like to ski pretty fast and aggressively. Ski mainly in MI at Boyne, and out west - CO or MT - once a year ... Skiing these boots on a pair of 173 Blizzard Bonafides

Thanks for the input !!!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcyclist View Post

More foward lean is likely to put you in the backseat. It may seem counter-intuitive, but that is one of the problems with older boots. I have a pair of 7-8 year old Technical Diablo Pros with a fair amount of forward lean and I had a terrible time staying out of the back seat until I got newer, more upright boots.

What MtCyclist says is true.  You may want to go to your bootfitter and see where your standing in the boots and whether you need something else adjusted.   You also may want to consider taking video of your skiing to show your fitter so he/she can see how you're skiing for a better understanding of your needs. 

post #6 of 12

Any Surefoot dealer should also have them.

post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 
Thanks guys ..... I've just started getting into the more technical aspects of things the last 2 years or so, really trying to get to that next level, So I really appreciate the feedback!!
post #8 of 12

Send me a pm and I can you a pair out for the cost of shipping

post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcyclist View Post

More foward lean is likely to put you in the backseat. It may seem counter-intuitive, but that is one of the problems with older boots. I have a pair of 7-8 year old Technical Diablo Pros with a fair amount of forward lean and I had a terrible time staying out of the back seat until I got newer, more upright boots.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that too much forward lean will put you in the back seat? And so can too little.

post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tskeebs View Post

Recently bought a new pair of Lange RX 120's at the end of this season ... Got in 2 "half" days on them at the end of March. Love them so far. Great fit for me and good performance.

I've read that they have an adjustable forward lean, via a spoiler that velcro's to the back of the liner (sits between the liner and the shell behind your calf) - This takes the forward lean from 12 to 14* .... 2 questions:
 

 

Or you can hit some ankle raises at the gym, get some calf behind your legs and next thing you know you'll be begging the fitter to blow out the rear of the boot....

 

(I'm being facetious, but it's absolutely true)

post #11 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantunamunch View Post

Or you can hit some ankle raises at the gym, get some calf behind your legs and next thing you know you'll be begging the fitter to blow out the rear of the boot....

(I'm being facetious, but it's absolutely true)

I could definitely stand to get back in the gym!
post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantunamunch View Post

Or you can hit some ankle raises at the gym, get some calf behind your legs and next thing you know you'll be begging the fitter to blow out the rear of the boot....

(I'm being facetious, but it's absolutely true)

I could definitely stand to get back in the gym!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Spoiler for Lange Boots - where to find?