Originally Posted by neonorchid
so would I, just need a co-pilot for the drive up from Philly:\
If you decide to make the pilgrimage to New Hampshire, let me know if you are looking for a place to stay. I am a member of one of the ski clubs in North Conway. We have already scheduled our Tuckerman Ravine pilgrimage for the weekend of April 18-19. I will be across the street at Wildcat.
For the record, yes, Wildcat is making a serious play for May. I think their goal is May 3, but I know the management will stay open later if business supports it. They really want to open as soon as possible and close as late as possible, but will only do so if they can be open top-to-bottom. They handily beat Killington at opening t2b this year. Sunday River did it on a late Friday afternoon just hours after Wildcat, but it was a sad show. When Wildcat opened the next morning they had much, much better coverage, 50% more vertical, and an express quad for the kicker. That same day Bretton Woods had "some walking required".