Asking this question for a colleague: What are the recommended boot fitters in the Washington, DC metro area? Thanks in advance,
- topicBootfitter Listtagged by marznc, 3/30/15
Related Forum Threads
- Bootfitter in Steamboat Last post on 11/21/16 at 6:30pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski shop kudos and questions on a couple of boots Last post on 11/18/16 at 10:39pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- My 1st boot fitting experience Last post on 11/14/16 at 7:57pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Boot Fitter Near NYC Last post on 11/9/16 at 3:39pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Where to buy boots in Colorado? Last post on 11/21/16 at 8:07am in Ski Gear Discussion
Last edited: 4/25/11
- Boot Fitters On EpicskiLast edited: 11/23/16
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
- Boot Fitters On Epicski
Bootfitter in Washington DC area
I got my first pair of boots from Brian Deely at Pro-Fit in Leesburg a few weeks ago. I only got to use them twice before my season was out, but I was very pleased with working with Brian... he seemed to conform to everything you'd read on here about getting a properly fitting boot from a good boot-fitter.
We tried several models, shell fit them, talked about how they should feel, wore a couple of models for 15-20 minutes to see how they felt, tried different footbeds... all in all took a couple of hours.
After my first day skiing in them, I got different footbeds, and he also measured/checked my canting and put a tiny shim on the left foot to get my legs positioned better (I have knee issues). He suggested making very minor changes to get things dialed in as I ski in them more.
I only had one more day after that, but so far they're great - we'll see about it more next season.
Have read good things about Brian Eardley at Ski Center for a number of years.
I know at Pro Fit, Brian, who is also the owner, is the guy to deal with. He used to have 2 other great bootfitters there who worked under him but they are out west now. Jeff Harper works with Greg Hoffman at Vail and Derek (can't recall his last name) is in Steamboat at Steamboat Ski and Bike, if I remember correctly.
- Bootfitter in Washington DC area
- › Car Camping - Drying Gear (without power outlets) 14 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 19 minutes ago
- › liner packed out while skiing 21 minutes ago
- › Anyone familiar with Banff??? 39 minutes ago
- › Alberta/Eastern BC - 2016/17 45 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 55 minutes ago
- › Intermediate Zone planning thread. 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Where to tune skis with no garage? 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › 2016/2017 Wyoming/Montana/Idaho Updates and Discussion 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Resource list discussion thread 1 - books. 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis