Asking this question for a colleague: What are the recommended boot fitters in the Washington, DC metro area? Thanks in advance,
- topicBootfitter Listtagged by marznc, 3/30/15
Related Forum Threads
- Best High-end boot for Intermediate skier? Would love thoughts Last post on 10/13/16 at 4:20pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Need Bootfitter in Portland, OR Last post on 10/8/16 at 9:19am in Ask the Boot Guys
- Need Advice on New Skis & Boots FL Skier Last post on 10/13/16 at 5:27pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Boot buying in Salt Lake Last post on 10/4/16 at 4:52pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- AT bootfitter near Boston Last post on 9/12/16 at 1:53pm in Ski Gear Discussion
Last edited: 4/25/11
- Boot Fitters On EpicskiLast edited: 2/18/14
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Boot Fitters On Epicski
Bootfitter in Washington DC area
I got my first pair of boots from Brian Deely at Pro-Fit in Leesburg a few weeks ago. I only got to use them twice before my season was out, but I was very pleased with working with Brian... he seemed to conform to everything you'd read on here about getting a properly fitting boot from a good boot-fitter.
We tried several models, shell fit them, talked about how they should feel, wore a couple of models for 15-20 minutes to see how they felt, tried different footbeds... all in all took a couple of hours.
After my first day skiing in them, I got different footbeds, and he also measured/checked my canting and put a tiny shim on the left foot to get my legs positioned better (I have knee issues). He suggested making very minor changes to get things dialed in as I ski in them more.
I only had one more day after that, but so far they're great - we'll see about it more next season.
Have read good things about Brian Eardley at Ski Center for a number of years.
I know at Pro Fit, Brian, who is also the owner, is the guy to deal with. He used to have 2 other great bootfitters there who worked under him but they are out west now. Jeff Harper works with Greg Hoffman at Vail and Derek (can't recall his last name) is in Steamboat at Steamboat Ski and Bike, if I remember correctly.
- Bootfitter in Washington DC area
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 52 minutes ago
- › Marker WC Piston Control Plate Mounting 53 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › FS: Jackets, Hats, Gloves, & Mittens 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › how to adjust Marker Titanium SC bindings? 2 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 2 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Silver Mountain, Idaho has a new owner 3 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Where to ski to see majestic mountains out West (for intermediate... 3 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 4 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer