or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

F1 2015

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 

So who thought Ferrari would get a win this year? Who thought they'd get one today????

 

Kinda funny that they get a win so soon after sacking everyone. So we can pretty much be assured that everyone responsible for their resurgence was fired in the off-season. Sorry Marco Mattiaci!

post #2 of 23

After the first quali in Aus I thought they may have a chance..but not so soon!  Amazing..and they have pace, no fluke.  Raikonnen comes up from last to fourth with 3 stops.  I suspect there's a fight there now..and MB might not be so dominant now that they have a wrench thrown in the works..often leads to errors.  I was also happy to see McLaren starting to show some pace.  They've a long road but somewhat promising.  But yeah, Ferrari?  Didn't see it coming so soon.  That's awesome..won't be a procession thank goodness. 

post #3 of 23

And just cuz we're in race mode..didja see Rossi win the MotoGP event today??  Wow..one for the ages..

post #4 of 23

Can't say I saw it coming so soon either but maybe Nico did..... oh wait, have to go back a few weeks....

 

Think it was on BBC that I read a pre-season story with quotes from drivers speculating on the competitiveness of the coming season.  To a man the quotes were boring and poli-correct until Nico.  He said something along the lines of, well you've always got to watch Ferrari but really this year will be more of the same, it will be me and Lewis fighting for the win.

 

Ha!

 

Of course I was quite upset that on the podium Seb didn't ask Nico if he thought the fans received a more entertaining product than they did in AUS.  Ha!  Though he did get a good dig in at Christian Horner, saying he was happy that he beat Merc 'fair and square'.

 

I kinda like Eddy Jordan, he's a colorful character.... but what a tool during the interviews.  I thought he was baiting both Merc drivers to trash their team.  Weird that the poli-correct responses that they gave seemed like a breath of fresh air.

 

Great to see Sauber step their game up but man, they sure are paying a lot of drivers this year.

 

Hopefully by mid-season McLaren Honda will be a fun story.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Fernando get a win or two later this year.

 

Also have high hopes of Kimi staying much closer to Seb than he did to Fernando.  It'd be nice to see him get a couple of wins in what has got to be his last F1 year.

post #5 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post
 

So who thought Ferrari would get a win this year? Who thought they'd get one today????

 

Kinda funny that they get a win so soon after sacking everyone. So we can pretty much be assured that everyone responsible for their resurgence was fired in the off-season. Sorry Marco Mattiaci!


I missed it.  :eek

post #6 of 23
Thread Starter 

Bahrain certainly delivered. Especially compared to China. Two words - titanium skidplate!

post #7 of 23
Thread Starter 

I hope that not everyone has given up on F1 for this season. Silverstone was a fucking thrillfest. The start was :eek. Pretty forgettable for Button though. Then we had BOT vs MAS. Did they make the right call? Hard to say. Let's ask MAS. I think we know BOT's answer. Then for the last stop I was yelling at my TV for someone in the BOT, MAS, ROS train to take full wets and offset. It would have been the wrong call, but it was their only chance to get a different outcome from what they did (or maybe they could have stayed on SuperSofts). The outcome was pretty familiar, but at least it was a RACE.

post #8 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post
 

I hope that not everyone has given up on F1 for this season. Silverstone was a fucking thrillfest. The start was :eek. Pretty forgettable for Button though. Then we had BOT vs MAS. Did they make the right call? Hard to say. Let's ask MAS. I think we know BOT's answer. Then for the last stop I was yelling at my TV for someone in the BOT, MAS, ROS train to take full wets and offset. It would have been the wrong call, but it was their only chance to get a different outcome from what they did (or maybe they could have stayed on SuperSofts). The outcome was pretty familiar, but at least it was a RACE.


I am sorry I missed it.  :(

post #9 of 23
Thread Starter 

Finally just watched Hungarian GP. Pretty chaotic race. Am I the only one that thinks ROS got robbed?

post #10 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post
 

Finally just watched Hungarian GP. Pretty chaotic race. Am I the only one that thinks ROS got robbed?


Not so much robbed as threw it away.   He could have given himself more room, he tried to go wider than he needed to,  to block Riccardo and shot himself in the foot doing it.  It does also illustrate the dangers of running the race the way he did, he seemed to be content to play defense just to finish second rather than challenging Vettel.  Month think he had anticipated the red Bull catching him.  I am not a fan of Hamilton, but i do have to hand it to him for continually grinding away to get what was, in the end, a good point scoring result.

post #11 of 23

A current F1 thread?:)

None of my friends want anything to do with it.

Twas a bad day for drivers named Nico.  Rosberg did shoot himself in the foot.  Something was wrong, or he would have been on Seb's gearbox.  Riccardo won Hungary last year on a late charge, Nico should have fought a different battle, a champ knows which battles to fight.  Nico Hulkenberg was spurned by Ferrari then lost his wing in a shower of carbon fibre and was lucky to get away with a semi gentle head on with the barrier.

 

Lewis' day was just well, worse.  He deserved his penalty and took his medicine like a good sport even if he did whine on the radio.

 

But it was a GREAT day for fans.  Rather than a parade, the field had some great fights.  The start was exciting and Sebastian showed how much of a driver he is, after a bad day of practice, he stayed late working with his engineers and mechanics and found the pace that dominated the field.

 

Force India had a really bad outing, the worst showing ever, I'd say.  I've been a fan ever since they were called Jordan.  Structural failures on two different spots on two different cars on the same weekend just never happens.

 

While commentators speculate why F1 sucks to the general public, the racing has been eventful and memorable just lately.  

post #12 of 23

Lost in all that is, McLaren had a pretty good day.  Fairly legit.  Easy to say other teams had bad luck, but they've had poor reliability this year but not Sunday.  So that was good to see.

post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott43 View Post
 

Lost in all that is, McLaren had a pretty good day.  Fairly legit.  Easy to say other teams had bad luck, but they've had poor reliability this year but not Sunday.  So that was good to see.


yes, great to see Alonso back in the points!

post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsSkier View Post
 


yes, great to see Alonso back in the points!


Indeed.  And Button was also in there.  And legit points in my opinion.  It's good to see they had some durability in the blazing heat of Hungary.  I don't really like McLaren especially, but it's good to see a proud race team back in it.

post #15 of 23

Doesn't look like there are any hard core "tifosi" on here these days.

Guess I'll have to check in more often. Post a pic of my Ferrari replica ski helmet.

Not looking great for the red cars this weekend but there's always that start thing.

Forza Ferrari!

post #16 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLATZ View Post
 

Doesn't look like there are any hard core "tifosi" on here these days.

Guess I'll have to check in more often. Post a pic of my Ferrari replica ski helmet.

Not looking great for the red cars this weekend but there's always that start thing.

Forza Ferrari!


Well, I think you have a better shot than my McLarens do.

post #17 of 23
Thread Starter 

Good day for the Scuderia. Terrible for McLaren International. What's up with Rosberg!?! We need him to at least try and keep HAM honest.

post #18 of 23

Pretty impressive what with Hamilton using the 2016 spec engine.

Tomorrow's start should be interesting.

Rosberg said his 2015 engine had six races on it and he wasn't surprised that it was a little off.

post #19 of 23


Basically a replica of Alonso's baseball cap from a few years ago.

With a lot of help from my friends.

post #20 of 23
Thread Starter 

Titanium skid blocks + Singapore = WIN!

post #21 of 23

Not sure what Hamilton is saying about the other teams being "closer".  I wonder how much of that is tires and fuel load..and gamesmanship..

post #22 of 23
Thread Starter 

Well, I did not expect that. I wonder if Mercedes' ability to switch on the rears is because of mandated tire pressures by Pirelli.

post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post
 

Well, I did not expect that. I wonder if Mercedes' ability to switch on the rears is because of mandated tire pressures by Pirelli.


Me neither.  I thought they were gaming the other teams.  Yes, it's interesting that with the new tire pressures they seem to have some problems.  Very interesting, yeah, just can't heat them?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Sports