or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Trip Reports  › Pico Tour - Alba Adventures 3/1/2015
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pico Tour - Alba Adventures 3/1/2015

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

 

Sorry that I haven't posted in a couple of weeks - I was in India - what a blast. Anyway, I am back and I hope to catch up with some of you on the slopes before the season ends! I ran into Jonathan and his crew at Pico and our kids gave them a tour of the glades there. We only knew Jonathan from this and other forums - it was very cool to finally meet someone in person and to ski with them.

 

Pico Tour - Season 2 Episode 11

 

Skiing not only brings families together but, it also brings friends together as well. The Alba clan had the wonderful opportunity to finally meet up with friends from the EpicSki and the NY Ski and Snowboard communities at Pico Mountain which was a great treat.

 

We gave our new friends a tour of Pico and we think this mountain made a good impression on them. Needless to say, we find Pico to be a wonderful Vermont mountain or Killington's better half, as we like to say.

 

We hope you like our latest webisode "Pico Tour" where we showcase many of the great glades of this not so small mountain. With Jonathan Keller and Yu-Jen Chen

post #2 of 9

Looks like great fun!  @Jonathan Keller certainly does well for a second season skier.  Of course, he's gotten in more ski days than some working folks get in 3-4 years.

 

Hope to catch up to you somewhere next season.

post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 

We skied Mad River Glen yesterday.. The conditions were incredible. Still like early season which is great for a long season.  So, you never know, we may see you yet.  Someone told me that Snowbird is closing 4/27... Crazy. 

post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralba View Post
 

We skied Mad River Glen yesterday.. The conditions were incredible. Still like early season which is great for a long season.  So, you never know, we may see you yet.  Someone told me that Snowbird is closing 4/27... Crazy. 


You'll only get to ski with me this season if you fly to Utah.  I'm going to be skiing in LCC in April after a few days checking out Aspen for the first time.

 

In Denver now for another reason besides skiing.  Went out to do some sightseeing yesterday, which included a stop at Loveland Pass.  It was in the high 30s but there is a little snow predicted for Mon night into Tue morning.  Here's a view of A-Basin.

 

post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 

Incredible view but, not much snow so, I hope the little snow fall becomes a decent sized one.  Let us know how the skiing in Utah is as we had hoped to do a trip out there this year but, we are hearing that Snowbird is closing on 4/27 due to lack of snow... 

 

You sure do get to travel which is SUPER sweet! A trip to the Rockies still might happen. We will see.... Post pics and video. 

post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralba View Post
 

Incredible view but, not much snow so, I hope the little snow fall becomes a decent sized one.  Let us know how the skiing in Utah is as we had hoped to do a trip out there this year but, we are hearing that Snowbird is closing on 4/27 due to lack of snow... 

 

You sure do get to travel which is SUPER sweet! A trip to the Rockies still might happen. We will see.... Post pics and video. 


Yeah, this is not the year for a late, late season trip out west.  I'm meeting up with friends at Alta for an annual alumni get together mid-April, otherwise I'd probably go home sooner.  In Denver for another reason so checking out Aspen using the MCP made sense.  Helps a lot to have a ski buddy who drives his own car from NM for ski trips in CO/UT/WY/MT.

post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by marznc View Post

Looks like great fun!  @Jonathan Keller
 certainly does well for a second season skier.  Of course, he's gotten in more ski days than some working folks get in 3-4 years.

Hope to catch up to you somewhere next season.

Hey hey. I'm a working folk smile.gif
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Keller View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marznc View Post

Looks like great fun!  @Jonathan Keller
 certainly does well for a second season skier.  Of course, he's gotten in more ski days than some working folks get in 3-4 years.

Hope to catch up to you somewhere next season.

Hey hey. I'm a working folk smile.gif


I realize that, which is why your efforts to ski a variety of places essentially every weekend is amazing.

post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by marznc View Post


I realize that, which is why your efforts to ski a variety of places essentially every weekend is amazing.

Though I must say, it's been ridiculously exhausting.

Whiteface, Sugarbush, Hunter, Windham, Gore, Tremblant, Okemo, Killington, Pico, Snow, Stowe, Rusutsu, and Niseko United (plus a run at Moiwa)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trip Reports
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Trip Reports  › Pico Tour - Alba Adventures 3/1/2015