or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fischer Ranger 108??? - Page 4

post #91 of 100

Dwagcatching says the 106 is better in the bumps, and the 108 is better everywhere else. No carbon in the 106, so its heavier and damper. I get the feeling its more of a wide GS ski, and I think the radius is longer on the 106 too.

 

Trying to narrow it down between the 106 Ranger (190), Belafonte (186), or Cochise (185) as a replacement for my beat up Legend PR 105s. I have skied and liked both the Belafonte (186) and Cochise (185/193), but not the Ranger. It might be the softest of the bunch.

post #92 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Smoovee View Post
 

Dwagcatching says the 106 is better in the bumps, and the 108 is better everywhere else. No carbon in the 106, so its heavier and damper. I get the feeling its more of a wide GS ski, and I think the radius is longer on the 106 too.

 

Trying to narrow it down between the 106 Ranger (190), Belafonte (186), or Cochise (185) as a replacement for my beat up Legend PR 105s. I have skied and liked both the Belafonte (186) and Cochise (185/193), but not the Ranger. It might be the softest of the bunch.

I think the Fischer is the softest of your selection. Still a great ski though....

post #93 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Smoovee View Post
 

Dwagcatching says the 106 is better in the bumps, and the 108 is better everywhere else. No carbon in the 106, so its heavier and damper. I get the feeling its more of a wide GS ski, and I think the radius is longer on the 106 too.

 

Trying to narrow it down between the 106 Ranger (190), Belafonte (186), or Cochise (185) as a replacement for my beat up Legend PR 105s. I have skied and liked both the Belafonte (186) and Cochise (185/193), but not the Ranger. It might be the softest of the bunch.

I think the Fischer is the softest of your selection. Still a great ski though....

 

I wouldn't say the 106 is a wide GS.  It skis pretty soft, not demanding, actually super easy.  It is a quick ski for sure. The Cochise I found to be much burlier at my weight: enough that I wouldn't want to ski it in trees.  I would ski the Ranger in trees all day long: seems like that is where it is most at home; short to medium quick turns.  The Cochise feels like a big turn bruiser in comparison.

post #94 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond View Post
 

Didn't Dawg review this ski, in very positive terms?

 

Fischer is interesting to me. Everyone seems to respect them, everyone raves about their products, everyone talks about how they're underrated, they are reasonably priced, and somehow no one actually pulls the trigger. Except racers; they're everywhere on courses every weekend. 

 

Three theories: 1) It's the connection to racing. Perception is that they're too demanding, too oriented toward carving. Only the ding on the recent crop of Wateas and Big Stix was that they were too soft and easy. Oh never mind...

 

2) It's the graphics. Somehow they manage to have these amazing technologies under top sheets that are neither clown vomit ugly nor shiny white elegant nor stylized bull cool. Year after year, just instantly forgettable patches of color, sometimes hard edged geometry, sometimes water color-ish. The one interesting graphic they ever came up with was the peeling paint Big Stix 110 of a few years ago. Which judging by the number still on sale, didn't help. Oh never mind..

 

3) It's the carbon. Fischer, because of its main industrial concerns (which ain't skiing), has always been in the forefront developing carbon. It may be that many people don't like the feel, without quite realizing it. But then people rave about DPS's, which have a lot more. Oh never mind...

 

That made me laugh! But hey, I have sold 3 pair of Fischers already this year!  That was 3 pair more than this time last year.  Perhaps their popularity is booming now.  If so, well deserved, it is perhaps the best top to bottom lineup this year from a non-premium ski manufacturer. 

post #95 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgcatching View Post
 

 

That made me laugh! But hey, I have sold 3 pair of Fischers already this year!  That was 3 pair more than this time last year.  Perhaps their popularity is booming now.  If so, well deserved, it is perhaps the best top to bottom lineup this year from a non-premium ski manufacturer. 


Please convince Fischer to show up at the Mt Rose Demo Day this year. I wanted to demo the Motive 95 among others, but they were a no show last year. :(

post #96 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Smoovee View Post
 


Please convince Fischer to show up at the Mt Rose Demo Day this year. I wanted to demo the Motive 95 among others, but they were a no show last year. :(

 

Come on up to Mt. Bachelor, we will get you on some skis!  I don't know the Tahoe rep or if they have a presence down there.

post #97 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Smoovee View Post
 


Please convince Fischer to show up at the Mt Rose Demo Day this year. I wanted to demo the Motive 95 among others, but they were a no show last year. :(

Don't bother trying...They are really nice...

post #98 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgcatching View Post
 

 

Come on up to Mt. Bachelor, we will get you on some skis!  I don't know the Tahoe rep or if they have a presence down there.


I *almost* made up to Bachelor for closing weekend last year, but at the last minute changed plans to ski Mammoth after they got that late storm. Definitely will look you up when I make it out that way.

post #99 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Smoovee View Post
 


Please convince Fischer to show up at the Mt Rose Demo Day this year. I wanted to demo the Motive 95 among others, but they were a no show last year. :(

 

Fisher rep was at the Rose Demo when I was there, that is where I first skied the 108 and decided to buy it... 

 

maybe your rose demo was the Bobos day, which is the ski shop demo for clients, not the manufacturers demo for ski shops...

 

I don't know if Bobos carries Fischer, so that makes sense they wouldn't be there.

 

Cheers,

Holiday

post #100 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
 

 

Fisher rep was at the Rose Demo when I was there, that is where I first skied the 108 and decided to buy it... 

 

maybe your rose demo was the Bobos day, which is the ski shop demo for clients, not the manufacturers demo for ski shops...

 

I don't know if Bobos carries Fischer, so that makes sense they wouldn't be there.

 

Cheers,

Holiday


Yes, it was the Bobos demo day. I'm not in the 'industry,' so probably couldn't do the manufacturer's demo.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Gear Reviews