It's that time of the year again when we select the destination for Chicago Week. Last spring we decided to go to Whistler Blackcomb, Canada, for Chicago Week 2016. So we now need to decide where we want to go for Chicago Week 2017.
Here is a list of recent Chicago Week destinations with the year and number of participants.
2016 Whistler Blackcomb (xxx)
2015 Mt. Bachelor, Oregon (124)
2014 Big Sky, Montana (273)
2013 Aspen / Snowmass, CO (325)
012 Steamboat, CO (300)
2011 Telluride, CO (250)
2010 Park City, Utah (190)
2009 Lake Tahoe, CA (175)
2008 Breckenridge, CO (240)
2007 Sun Valley, ID (231)
2006 Aspen, CO (472)
Where would YOU AND/OR YOUR CLUB like to go for Chicago Week 2017? It can be an area we have gone in the past or a brand new destination for CW.
We would like to get some feedback from actual CW participants.
If you post here please state if you are a member of a CMSC club along with the club name and state if you are commenting on behalf of your club of if your comments are your own personal choices. Please vote using the poll ALSO please post destinations you or your club would like to see Chicago Week 2017 go please list up to three areas ranked in order of preference.
CRITERIA to consider for a Chicago Week destination:
* Air Service—Availability, quantity & cost
* Ease of travel—Short or long travel days
* Lodging—Availability, quantity & cost
* Terrain—Amount for a week of skiing, for ALL ability levels
* Single or multiple +mountains/resorts—Multiple accessible on one lift ticket?
* Conference space—For Chicago Week functions w/200-400 people
* Restaurants & bars—Number and variety
* Resort town—Walkable or short shuttles?
* Trip pricing -
* MOST important—What will sell it to your club?