My kids made it through their first week of ski lessons at winter park. My 4 year old daughter spent the day on the magic carpet, and enjoyed herself even though it was quite cold. My son who is 8 did much better then i thought he would. He was nervous going into the lesson about riding the ski lift. I didn't actually think he would ride the ski lift on his first day. I was shocked when i saw him skiing with his group on one of the beginner runs. He was already making nice turns and looked to be having a good time and also was in control. They have two more weeks of lessons so hopefully the progress continues.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Lessons for a 4 year old Last post on 10/3/14 at 11:21am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Boot Fitter Near NYC Last post on 11/9/16 at 3:39pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- any kind of andy's-like handbook for skiing winter park like a local? Last post on 11/4/16 at 2:58pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Saving boots for another kid Last post on 10/23/16 at 7:00am in Ask the Boot Guys
- Kids boot sizing Last post on 10/22/16 at 5:01pm in Ask the Boot Guys
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Teaching Children To SkiLast edited: 7/13/11
- Money And Time Saving Tips For Parents Of Young SkiersLast edited: 4/20/11
- Children And Good SkiingLast edited: 4/22/11
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
KIds first week skiingpost #1 of 52/25/15 at 3:09pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 53/8/15 at 5:23pmThread Starter
Today was the last day of the minnows program for the kids. My daughter went from a level 1 to a level 2 and no longer needs the edgie wedgie. My son went from a level one to a level four. They both had a lot of fun and i was quite happy with the progress they both made. Here is a pic of my sons class..he is the one in the green helmet.post #3 of 53/8/15 at 6:23pmpost #4 of 53/8/15 at 7:26pmThread Starterpost #5 of 53/22/15 at 4:26pmThread Starter
We had a fun day at winter park. It was really warm,which does not help much for extending this season , but we will enjoy it as long as we can. They are both able to follow me down the beginner trails,so we spent the day on the porcupine trail lol.
- KIds first week skiing
- Teaching Children To Ski
- › Deciding between staying in Alta or Park City area - Family Trip 25 minutes ago
- › Ski Repair/Tune Advice 39 minutes ago
- › Ok-Anyone ever done this run at Two Smokes CO-I have always had an... 40 minutes ago
- › The 2017 Oregon Ski Safari : 60 years old. 50 years of skiing... 41 minutes ago
- › Most Aggressive Race Tune you ever skied? 44 minutes ago
- › Crasche Hat Product Review 49 minutes ago
- › FS Lange RS110 97 25.5 53 minutes ago
- › Wanted: ZipFit Pullover 55 minutes ago
- › 2012 Dodge Ski Boots Mondo 28.0 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Jackson or Steamboat 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis