My kids made it through their first week of ski lessons at winter park. My 4 year old daughter spent the day on the magic carpet, and enjoyed herself even though it was quite cold. My son who is 8 did much better then i thought he would. He was nervous going into the lesson about riding the ski lift. I didn't actually think he would ride the ski lift on his first day. I was shocked when i saw him skiing with his group on one of the beginner runs. He was already making nice turns and looked to be having a good time and also was in control. They have two more weeks of lessons so hopefully the progress continues.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Lessons for a 4 year old Last post on 10/3/14 at 11:21am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Spring vacation trip ideas, for a family with beginners, intermediates, and advanced skiers Last post on Today at 2:43 pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Winter Park Transportation Last post on 3/7/17 at 9:19am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Request for input related to deciding between Copper, Winter Park or Steamboat for family trip Last post on 1/27/17 at 2:24pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Colorado Skiing - Which have no lift lines? Last post on 1/22/17 at 3:11pm in General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 2
Last edited: 1/20/17
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- Teaching Children To SkiLast edited: 7/13/11
- Money And Time Saving Tips For Parents Of Young SkiersLast edited: 4/20/11
- Children And Good SkiingLast edited: 4/22/11
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
KIds first week skiingpost #1 of 52/25/15 at 3:09pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 53/8/15 at 5:23pmThread Starter
Today was the last day of the minnows program for the kids. My daughter went from a level 1 to a level 2 and no longer needs the edgie wedgie. My son went from a level one to a level four. They both had a lot of fun and i was quite happy with the progress they both made. Here is a pic of my sons class..he is the one in the green helmet.post #3 of 53/8/15 at 6:23pmpost #4 of 53/8/15 at 7:26pmThread Starterpost #5 of 53/22/15 at 4:26pmThread Starter
We had a fun day at winter park. It was really warm,which does not help much for extending this season , but we will enjoy it as long as we can. They are both able to follow me down the beginner trails,so we spent the day on the porcupine trail lol.
- KIds first week skiing
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Feedback appreciated on Renoun Z-90 v. DPS Cassier 95 (pure) 15 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 16 minutes ago
- › Kastle skis -- vastly overrated ! What do you think ? 21 minutes ago
- › Wachusett Conditions and get togethers 26 minutes ago
- › WTB: 184 MOMENT DEATHWISH (2016) 32 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 33 minutes ago
- › WTB moment deathwish 184 33 minutes ago
- › FS: 2014 Moment Deathwish 184 35 minutes ago
- › I bought new skis and they feel soooo heavy! 42 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview