My kids made it through their first week of ski lessons at winter park. My 4 year old daughter spent the day on the magic carpet, and enjoyed herself even though it was quite cold. My son who is 8 did much better then i thought he would. He was nervous going into the lesson about riding the ski lift. I didn't actually think he would ride the ski lift on his first day. I was shocked when i saw him skiing with his group on one of the beginner runs. He was already making nice turns and looked to be having a good time and also was in control. They have two more weeks of lessons so hopefully the progress continues.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Lessons for a 4 year old Last post on 10/3/14 at 11:21am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Saving boots for another kid Last post on Today at 7:00 am in Ask the Boot Guys
- Kids boot sizing Last post on Yesterday at 5:01 pm in Ask the Boot Guys
- Copper vs Winter Park at Thanksgiving Last post on 10/10/16 at 3:50am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- MAX Pass in CO in April? [- A Family Skiing thread] Last post on 9/29/16 at 10:15am in Family Skiing Discussions
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Teaching Children To SkiLast edited: 7/13/11
- Money And Time Saving Tips For Parents Of Young SkiersLast edited: 4/20/11
- Children And Good SkiingLast edited: 4/22/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
KIds first week skiingpost #1 of 52/25/15 at 3:09pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 53/8/15 at 5:23pmThread Starter
Today was the last day of the minnows program for the kids. My daughter went from a level 1 to a level 2 and no longer needs the edgie wedgie. My son went from a level one to a level four. They both had a lot of fun and i was quite happy with the progress they both made. Here is a pic of my sons class..he is the one in the green helmet.post #3 of 53/8/15 at 6:23pmpost #4 of 53/8/15 at 7:26pmThread Starterpost #5 of 53/22/15 at 4:26pmThread Starter
We had a fun day at winter park. It was really warm,which does not help much for extending this season , but we will enjoy it as long as we can. They are both able to follow me down the beginner trails,so we spent the day on the porcupine trail lol.
- KIds first week skiing
- Teaching Children To Ski
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 15 seconds ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 2 minutes ago
- › Ski size question 7 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 13 minutes ago
- › All mountain twin tip plus park ski? 18 minutes ago
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 22 minutes ago
- › Steelers Baby! 27 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 34 minutes ago
- › Picture of the day... 35 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer