First time on this site. My favorite skiing is Aspen in April. I stay in Snowmass. I ski a lot but need someone to show me the lines of The Wall or Cirque. I will be there April 5-10th. I will buy the beer because I like to party.
Related Forum Threads
- Early April Skiing with Kids? [a Family Skiing thread] Last post on 2/2/16 at 3:32pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Snowmass Trip Report, Family With Young Kids - 2/27/15 - 3/8/15 Last post on 3/18/15 at 6:13am in Trip Reports
- Which ski area? Trip to CO, skiing Mar 30 - Apr 3 [driving from midwest with tweens, intermediates] Last post on 3/4/15 at 7:26pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Aspen-Snowmass 8 days of non-stop skiing April 11- April 20 w/11 year old Last post on 5/7/14 at 4:22pm in Trip Reports
- Aspen With Springtime Conditions Last post on 3/18/14 at 11:54am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Snowmass, CO - A Pictorial
Last edited: 1/3/15
- Colorado Road Trip RecapLast edited: 8/29/15
- Spring Snow Base PreparationLast edited: 4/24/11
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Snowmass in April for closing weekpost #1 of 112/25/15 at 12:36amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 112/25/15 at 3:48ampost #3 of 112/25/15 at 4:17amThread Starterpost #4 of 112/25/15 at 5:16amQuote:
Welcome to EpicSki! You might try bumping your thread after mid-March. If the snowpack is holding and the weather cooperates, could be some last minute trips planned.post #5 of 112/25/15 at 8:07am
Going to miss you buy a week. We are there the week prior. Hope conditions hold up through March. The latest round of storms, I would think, has helped conditions a bunch.
Brianpost #6 of 113/30/15 at 11:08amQuote:
I will most likely be there Saturday. Still planning on coming in on Sunday?post #7 of 114/4/15 at 1:26amThread Starterpost #8 of 114/4/15 at 5:39amHere's what it looked like yesterday--Mushroom at Aspen Highlands:
... and hardly anyone but me around to track it up (but I did... sorry)!
Bobpost #9 of 114/4/15 at 3:33pmQuote:
The cirque headwall at Snowmass was amazing this morning. Like best run of the season amazing. I Was with my wife so I didn't go into the hanging valley, but if the quality of the snow on the cirque is any indication, Hanging Valley will be beautiful tomorrow. The bottom of the mountain was mush, and the top was powder/soft mashed potatoes. Great spring skiing.post #10 of 114/4/15 at 8:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by WalterdogEllis
The cirque headwall at Snowmass was amazing this morning. Like best run of the season amazing. I Was with my wife so I didn't go into the hanging valley, but if the quality of the snow on the cirque is any indication, Hanging Valley will be beautiful tomorrow. The bottom of the mountain was mush, and the top was powder/soft mashed potatoes. Great spring skiing.
That sounds like a dream to me.
- Snowmass in April for closing week
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Colorado Road Trip Recap
- › Need for custom insoles 4 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 32 minutes ago
- › How does one get the sound track from this? 34 minutes ago
- › April 2017 Image of the Month Contest 47 minutes ago
- › Tyranny of Fat 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › banging my skis into my planted poles = damaged edges 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Lure of the steeps? 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › No pole short and long turns what say you Instructors and Coaches? 3 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Wasatch Powderbird 3 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › New intermediate woman looking for new skis in northeast, replacing... 4 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review