First time on this site. My favorite skiing is Aspen in April. I stay in Snowmass. I ski a lot but need someone to show me the lines of The Wall or Cirque. I will be there April 5-10th. I will buy the beer because I like to party.
Related Forum Threads
- Early April Skiing with Kids? [a Family Skiing thread] Last post on 2/2/16 at 3:32pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Snowmass Trip Report, Family With Young Kids - 2/27/15 - 3/8/15 Last post on 3/18/15 at 6:13am in Trip Reports
- Which ski area? Trip to CO, skiing Mar 30 - Apr 3 [driving from midwest with tweens, intermediates] Last post on 3/4/15 at 7:26pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Aspen-Snowmass 8 days of non-stop skiing April 11- April 20 w/11 year old Last post on 5/7/14 at 4:22pm in Trip Reports
- Aspen With Springtime Conditions Last post on 3/18/14 at 11:54am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Snowmass, CO - A Pictorial
Last edited: 1/3/15
- Colorado Road Trip RecapLast edited: 8/29/15
- Spring Snow Base PreparationLast edited: 4/24/11
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
Snowmass in April for closing weekpost #1 of 112/25/15 at 12:36amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 112/25/15 at 3:48ampost #3 of 112/25/15 at 4:17amThread Starterpost #4 of 112/25/15 at 5:16amQuote:
Welcome to EpicSki! You might try bumping your thread after mid-March. If the snowpack is holding and the weather cooperates, could be some last minute trips planned.post #5 of 112/25/15 at 8:07am
Going to miss you buy a week. We are there the week prior. Hope conditions hold up through March. The latest round of storms, I would think, has helped conditions a bunch.
Brianpost #6 of 113/30/15 at 11:08amQuote:
I will most likely be there Saturday. Still planning on coming in on Sunday?post #7 of 114/4/15 at 1:26amThread Starterpost #8 of 114/4/15 at 5:39amHere's what it looked like yesterday--Mushroom at Aspen Highlands:
... and hardly anyone but me around to track it up (but I did... sorry)!
Bobpost #9 of 114/4/15 at 3:33pmQuote:
The cirque headwall at Snowmass was amazing this morning. Like best run of the season amazing. I Was with my wife so I didn't go into the hanging valley, but if the quality of the snow on the cirque is any indication, Hanging Valley will be beautiful tomorrow. The bottom of the mountain was mush, and the top was powder/soft mashed potatoes. Great spring skiing.post #10 of 114/4/15 at 8:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by WalterdogEllis
The cirque headwall at Snowmass was amazing this morning. Like best run of the season amazing. I Was with my wife so I didn't go into the hanging valley, but if the quality of the snow on the cirque is any indication, Hanging Valley will be beautiful tomorrow. The bottom of the mountain was mush, and the top was powder/soft mashed potatoes. Great spring skiing.
That sounds like a dream to me.
- Snowmass in April for closing week
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Colorado Road Trip Recap
- › Ski Ballet... 46 seconds ago
- › 2015 Tecnica Cochise 110 or Dynafit Radical CR boots for new AT setup? 4 minutes ago
- › Vintage Hart Skis and Rieker Leather Boots 7 minutes ago
- › If you don't wear a helmet, all I can ask is why? 27 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 29 minutes ago
- › Can you please comment on my skiing? 42 minutes ago
- › Waxing tips and removing rust from leaving in roof box too wet? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Kastle MX88 review 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Great older skis 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Inside leg issue and other concerns. 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Okemo Mountain by TRobertson
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview