First time on this site. My favorite skiing is Aspen in April. I stay in Snowmass. I ski a lot but need someone to show me the lines of The Wall or Cirque. I will be there April 5-10th. I will buy the beer because I like to party.
Related Forum Threads
- Early April Skiing with Kids? [a Family Skiing thread] Last post on 2/2/16 at 3:32pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Snowmass Trip Report, Family With Young Kids - 2/27/15 - 3/8/15 Last post on 3/18/15 at 6:13am in Trip Reports
- Which ski area? Trip to CO, skiing Mar 30 - Apr 3 [driving from midwest with tweens, intermediates] Last post on 3/4/15 at 7:26pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Aspen-Snowmass 8 days of non-stop skiing April 11- April 20 w/11 year old Last post on 5/7/14 at 4:22pm in Trip Reports
- Aspen With Springtime Conditions Last post on 3/18/14 at 11:54am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Snowmass, CO - A Pictorial
Last edited: 1/3/15
- Colorado Road Trip RecapLast edited: 8/29/15
- Spring Snow Base PreparationLast edited: 4/24/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Snowmass in April for closing weekpost #1 of 112/25/15 at 12:36amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 112/25/15 at 3:48ampost #3 of 112/25/15 at 4:17amThread Starterpost #4 of 112/25/15 at 5:16amQuote:
Welcome to EpicSki! You might try bumping your thread after mid-March. If the snowpack is holding and the weather cooperates, could be some last minute trips planned.post #5 of 112/25/15 at 8:07am
Going to miss you buy a week. We are there the week prior. Hope conditions hold up through March. The latest round of storms, I would think, has helped conditions a bunch.
Brianpost #6 of 113/30/15 at 11:08amQuote:
I will most likely be there Saturday. Still planning on coming in on Sunday?post #7 of 114/4/15 at 1:26amThread Starterpost #8 of 114/4/15 at 5:39amHere's what it looked like yesterday--Mushroom at Aspen Highlands:
... and hardly anyone but me around to track it up (but I did... sorry)!
Bobpost #9 of 114/4/15 at 3:33pmQuote:
The cirque headwall at Snowmass was amazing this morning. Like best run of the season amazing. I Was with my wife so I didn't go into the hanging valley, but if the quality of the snow on the cirque is any indication, Hanging Valley will be beautiful tomorrow. The bottom of the mountain was mush, and the top was powder/soft mashed potatoes. Great spring skiing.post #10 of 114/4/15 at 8:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by WalterdogEllis
The cirque headwall at Snowmass was amazing this morning. Like best run of the season amazing. I Was with my wife so I didn't go into the hanging valley, but if the quality of the snow on the cirque is any indication, Hanging Valley will be beautiful tomorrow. The bottom of the mountain was mush, and the top was powder/soft mashed potatoes. Great spring skiing.
That sounds like a dream to me.
- Snowmass in April for closing week
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Colorado Road Trip Recap
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › First time buying skis - need suggestions please [mother skiing... 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Instructor recommendation for Stratton 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Rossignol Soul 7 length? 6', 155 lbs. Trees. 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 2 hours ago
- › Question about shuttle bus from Banff to ski areas 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer