First time on this site. My favorite skiing is Aspen in April. I stay in Snowmass. I ski a lot but need someone to show me the lines of The Wall or Cirque. I will be there April 5-10th. I will buy the beer because I like to party.
Related Forum Threads
- Early April Skiing with Kids? [a Family Skiing thread] Last post on 2/2/16 at 3:32pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Snowmass Trip Report, Family With Young Kids - 2/27/15 - 3/8/15 Last post on 3/18/15 at 6:13am in Trip Reports
- Which ski area? Trip to CO, skiing Mar 30 - Apr 3 [driving from midwest with tweens, intermediates] Last post on 3/4/15 at 7:26pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Aspen-Snowmass 8 days of non-stop skiing April 11- April 20 w/11 year old Last post on 5/7/14 at 4:22pm in Trip Reports
- Aspen With Springtime Conditions Last post on 3/18/14 at 11:54am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Snowmass, CO - A Pictorial
Last edited: 1/3/15
- Colorado Road Trip RecapLast edited: 8/29/15
- Spring Snow Base PreparationLast edited: 4/24/11
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Snowmass in April for closing weekpost #1 of 112/25/15 at 12:36amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 112/25/15 at 3:48ampost #3 of 112/25/15 at 4:17amThread Starterpost #4 of 112/25/15 at 5:16amQuote:
Welcome to EpicSki! You might try bumping your thread after mid-March. If the snowpack is holding and the weather cooperates, could be some last minute trips planned.post #5 of 112/25/15 at 8:07am
Going to miss you buy a week. We are there the week prior. Hope conditions hold up through March. The latest round of storms, I would think, has helped conditions a bunch.
Brianpost #6 of 113/30/15 at 11:08amQuote:
I will most likely be there Saturday. Still planning on coming in on Sunday?post #7 of 114/4/15 at 1:26amThread Starterpost #8 of 114/4/15 at 5:39amHere's what it looked like yesterday--Mushroom at Aspen Highlands:
... and hardly anyone but me around to track it up (but I did... sorry)!
Bobpost #9 of 114/4/15 at 3:33pmQuote:
The cirque headwall at Snowmass was amazing this morning. Like best run of the season amazing. I Was with my wife so I didn't go into the hanging valley, but if the quality of the snow on the cirque is any indication, Hanging Valley will be beautiful tomorrow. The bottom of the mountain was mush, and the top was powder/soft mashed potatoes. Great spring skiing.post #10 of 114/4/15 at 8:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by WalterdogEllis
The cirque headwall at Snowmass was amazing this morning. Like best run of the season amazing. I Was with my wife so I didn't go into the hanging valley, but if the quality of the snow on the cirque is any indication, Hanging Valley will be beautiful tomorrow. The bottom of the mountain was mush, and the top was powder/soft mashed potatoes. Great spring skiing.
That sounds like a dream to me.
- Snowmass in April for closing week
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Colorado Road Trip Recap
- › Twelve questions to ask when considering purchasing a Custom... 4 minutes ago
- › Vail or Breck 12/18 - 12/22 Solo 5 minutes ago
- › Big Sky Jan 20th Transportation/Lodging Advice 10 minutes ago
- › Any feedback on Fischer's The CURV? 17 minutes ago
- › Interesting stories of skiing no-fall-zones? Do tell. 18 minutes ago
- › The Anatomy of a Ski Turn ... so forth and so on ... 19 minutes ago
- › 2017 Mid-Atlantic Gathering at Timberline, WV - February 24-26, 2017 36 minutes ago
- › PSIA Changes in Western Division. 42 minutes ago
- › Whistler sure...Off to a great opening. 43 minutes ago
- › feet / neutral 54 minutes ago
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection