- 189 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: Northern Colorado
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemBreckenridge Ski Resorttagged by marznc, 4/26/15
Related Forum Threads
- Spring Skiing in ColoRADo! March 17 - 19 Last post on 3/23/17 at 8:00am in Trip Reports
- Conditions + resort advice - Late March 2017 Last post on 3/13/17 at 5:12pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2017 Geezer Snowbirds Tour Last post on 3/14/17 at 6:22pm in Trip Reports
- Breckenridge...Step up from Bliss Last post on 2/22/17 at 7:30pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Vail / BC / Copper for Family Trip Mid-April Last post on 2/19/17 at 5:00pm in Family Skiing Discussions
EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 2
Last edited: 1/20/17
- EpicSki Interview with Tim EastleyLast edited: 12/19/16
- EpicSki Interview with James NiehuesLast edited: 9/14/16
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- Unofficial Guide to BRECKENRIDGELast edited: 3/10/17
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Breckenridge - Crowded as they say? - Page 4post #91 of 994/27/15 at 8:53pmThat all sounds brilliant. I will make a point of spending the time it takes to discover some of those stashes.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 994/27/15 at 8:58pmQuote:
It's definitely worth it. If you can swing an upper level lesson with one of the long-time Breck instructors, and treat them well, they may show you some of their favorites. Or you know, some of us around here. Although I did get threatened recently for sharing certain runs with a random dude from the lift =Ppost #93 of 994/28/15 at 6:54ampost #94 of 9912/20/15 at 7:05amWe'll be there the week between Christmas an New Years, so skiing on monday through thursday. I know it's a holiday week so I assume crowds will be there. My plan is to be in line before the lifts start running. Which peak is the best to stay high on if we like blues and medium blacks with good variety.post #95 of 9912/20/15 at 7:31amI was there yesterday and it was pretty busy. The bottom of peaks 7,8, and 9 were packed. I spent a good amount of time on peak 6 and there was almost no line there. It serves all blues, but they are a bit more difficult than the blues on peak 7 and 8. Someone else can speak for peak 10, but I would assume since it serves all black it would keep the crowds away.post #96 of 9912/20/15 at 7:43am
Echo GMONEY, normally 6 is pretty good, but is markedly harder vs. the blues on 7/8/9. Over this time frame we have good experience on Mercury chair on 9, never going to the bottom of nine all day. Or as stated we like Peak 10, typically some of the shortest lines at Breck. If you like it too, Chair 6 on upper 8 tends to be pretty good. Though the runs can be harder, for some reason the TBAR tends to gather a line, maybe as it is easy to reach it from 7 or 8post #97 of 9912/20/15 at 9:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by job151
Echo GMONEY, normally 6 is pretty good, but is markedly harder vs. the blues on 7/8/9. Over this time frame we have good experience on Mercury chair on 9, never going to the bottom of nine all day. Or as stated we like Peak 10, typically some of the shortest lines at Breck. If you like it too, Chair 6 on upper 8 tends to be pretty good. Though the runs can be harder, for some reason the TBAR tends to gather a line, maybe as it is easy to reach it from 7 or 8
Chair 6 is notably lacking in blue terrain. Be careful there - if it's been sunny/warm, the snow can get pretty gnarly because it's south facing.post #98 of 9912/21/15 at 5:06amQuote:
sorry, should have explicitly noted that, but the poster stated he likes "blues and medium blacks" -- clearly 6 services all blacks, and most times not groomed, so guess it is up to the original poster about whether that qualifies as "medium" -- enjoy no matter what though, pretty good year, all things considered for early snow in Summit countypost #99 of 9912/21/15 at 6:18amQuote:Originally Posted by job151
sorry, should have explicitly noted that, but the poster stated he likes "blues and medium blacks" -- clearly 6 services all blacks, and most times not groomed, so guess it is up to the original poster about whether that qualifies as "medium" -- enjoy no matter what though, pretty good year, all things considered for early snow in Summit county
Yes - there's tons of good skiing up here right now!
And I have to go visit family in Phoenix over Christmas =/
I personally find the runs under 6 chair more challenging than Horseshoe Bowl or Contest, but that might be a mental aberration on my part.
I wish I could recommend E Chair, which is typically the least crowded on the mountain, but you can only lap E Chair if you want to ski double black bumps and tight trees. It's a nice option at the end of the day if you're staying at peak 9, though.
- Breckenridge - Crowded as they say?
- EpicSki Interview with Tim Eastley
- › Anyone still ski and love vintage equipment? 6 minutes ago
- › 2018 Demo Day results: Sierra At Tahoe demo 11 minutes ago
- › Inside leg issue and other concerns. 12 minutes ago
- › Alta and/or Snowbird April 2017, will you be there? 27 minutes ago
- › how to get into tree skiing 31 minutes ago
- › How much of Blckcomb is likely to be open last week in April/1st... 32 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 44 minutes ago
- › MA my bump skiing 59 minutes ago
- › pain help park city custom insoles 59 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview