- 189 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: Northern Colorado
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemBreckenridge Ski Resorttagged by marznc, 4/26/15
Related Forum Threads
- Trip in Feb. Need advice on when to buy passes [family, 4 ski days at Vail, Keystone, Breck] Last post on 9/11/16 at 6:34pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- If you could pick one mountain town to live in the US... Last post on 9/14/16 at 4:23pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 6 Day Trip to Breck - Worth Hitting A-Basin? Last post on 6/8/16 at 8:12pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Soliciting input from any Breckenridge experts Last post on 2/14/16 at 9:59am in General Skiing Discussion
- Breckenridge Mid-April (Closing Week) Last post on 4/20/16 at 5:49am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
Last edited: 9/14/16
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/17/16
- Unofficial Guide to BRECKENRIDGELast edited: 3/15/16
- Brief History Of Breckenridge By Lisa MercerLast edited: 4/26/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Breckenridge - Crowded as they say? - Page 4post #91 of 994/27/15 at 8:53pmThat all sounds brilliant. I will make a point of spending the time it takes to discover some of those stashes.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 994/27/15 at 8:58pmQuote:
It's definitely worth it. If you can swing an upper level lesson with one of the long-time Breck instructors, and treat them well, they may show you some of their favorites. Or you know, some of us around here. Although I did get threatened recently for sharing certain runs with a random dude from the lift =Ppost #93 of 994/28/15 at 6:54ampost #94 of 9912/20/15 at 7:05amWe'll be there the week between Christmas an New Years, so skiing on monday through thursday. I know it's a holiday week so I assume crowds will be there. My plan is to be in line before the lifts start running. Which peak is the best to stay high on if we like blues and medium blacks with good variety.post #95 of 9912/20/15 at 7:31amI was there yesterday and it was pretty busy. The bottom of peaks 7,8, and 9 were packed. I spent a good amount of time on peak 6 and there was almost no line there. It serves all blues, but they are a bit more difficult than the blues on peak 7 and 8. Someone else can speak for peak 10, but I would assume since it serves all black it would keep the crowds away.post #96 of 9912/20/15 at 7:43am
Echo GMONEY, normally 6 is pretty good, but is markedly harder vs. the blues on 7/8/9. Over this time frame we have good experience on Mercury chair on 9, never going to the bottom of nine all day. Or as stated we like Peak 10, typically some of the shortest lines at Breck. If you like it too, Chair 6 on upper 8 tends to be pretty good. Though the runs can be harder, for some reason the TBAR tends to gather a line, maybe as it is easy to reach it from 7 or 8post #97 of 9912/20/15 at 9:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by job151
Echo GMONEY, normally 6 is pretty good, but is markedly harder vs. the blues on 7/8/9. Over this time frame we have good experience on Mercury chair on 9, never going to the bottom of nine all day. Or as stated we like Peak 10, typically some of the shortest lines at Breck. If you like it too, Chair 6 on upper 8 tends to be pretty good. Though the runs can be harder, for some reason the TBAR tends to gather a line, maybe as it is easy to reach it from 7 or 8
Chair 6 is notably lacking in blue terrain. Be careful there - if it's been sunny/warm, the snow can get pretty gnarly because it's south facing.post #98 of 9912/21/15 at 5:06amQuote:
sorry, should have explicitly noted that, but the poster stated he likes "blues and medium blacks" -- clearly 6 services all blacks, and most times not groomed, so guess it is up to the original poster about whether that qualifies as "medium" -- enjoy no matter what though, pretty good year, all things considered for early snow in Summit countypost #99 of 9912/21/15 at 6:18amQuote:Originally Posted by job151
sorry, should have explicitly noted that, but the poster stated he likes "blues and medium blacks" -- clearly 6 services all blacks, and most times not groomed, so guess it is up to the original poster about whether that qualifies as "medium" -- enjoy no matter what though, pretty good year, all things considered for early snow in Summit county
Yes - there's tons of good skiing up here right now!
And I have to go visit family in Phoenix over Christmas =/
I personally find the runs under 6 chair more challenging than Horseshoe Bowl or Contest, but that might be a mental aberration on my part.
I wish I could recommend E Chair, which is typically the least crowded on the mountain, but you can only lap E Chair if you want to ski double black bumps and tight trees. It's a nice option at the end of the day if you're staying at peak 9, though.
- Breckenridge - Crowded as they say?
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › FS - Nordica El Capo Skis - 185-cm 5 minutes ago
- › Seeing the whole picture 8 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 11 minutes ago
- › What Should our FEET FEEL? 13 minutes ago
- › Ski Pole length question? along with decision on what ones to buy 13 minutes ago
- › Terrain Based Instruction for Beginners - Is it new? Why is it... 26 minutes ago
- › Volkl V-Werks CODE UVO - how stiff? 48 minutes ago
- › Anybody wearing hip protection 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Ski Powder Highway 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Travel Agent t that specializes in Europe 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer
- › 68 Days: A Story of Skiing's Life...