Hi, we are two families with 6 kids between us ranging from 18 - 5. We've skied regularly in Europe but between us range in ability from advanced to mainly intermediate and the little one would be in ski school.
We are coming to the US in December 2015 for what we're calling our dream ski holiday. It is likely to be the only time we come this far and we're planning to do this over 2 weeks. We're leaning towards Breckenridge seeing as there are lots of options for days when we don't want to ski.
So... my questions are;
1) Best resort of us? Is Breckenridge the right choice
2) How bad is the altitude sickness going up over 2500m?
3) If we stop off in Denver, will this acclimatise us sufficiently or should we not bother?
4) Can anyone recommend hotels that are ski in/out or within 100m of the lifts and have enough to keep everyone happy?
5) What are the restaurants like including on the mountain?