I've heard through a few friends that have taken these "max 3" lessons (3 + instructor so you all fit on quad chair) that if you book during slower days, typically midweek or if you have a different thing you want to focus on from the group that's already scheduled (trees, bumps, bowls) it's very possible you end up Han Solo with an instructor all day for $285. I've booked 3 of these lessons for next week and will report my findings. Anyone else have a similar experience or just input on how their experience in a semi-private lesson like this was?
Related Forum Threads
- Best Resort for Mid March 2016: Very Mixed Group (No True experts)???? Help! Last post on 12/1/15 at 9:37am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Colorado Ski Tour [from TX, late Dec to early Jan] Last post on 1/19/16 at 8:03am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vail 2/4-2/8 - First time out west Last post on 2/17/15 at 2:48am in Trip Reports
- Best intermediates skiing west? Best intermediates skiing northeast? Best groomed terrain west?... Last post on 3/1/13 at 10:13am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton Last post on Today at 3:33 pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain ResortLast edited: 6/15/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain Resort
Intermediate/Advanced Lessons - Max 3 @ Vail
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, lets post an update to this thread. I just got back from 2 weeks in Vail and Breck and had the opportunity to take 3 "max 3 / ultimate 4" lessons. Best thing I've ever done. All 3 days I only had one other person in my group so at the price of $285 for a full day (9:45am-3:45pm) it was well worth it. Lessons took me from a mid level 5 to high 7 in just 3 days. Best experience I've had skiing as I was skiing 10x better just after the first run and a couple quick pointers from a great instructor . Not to mention 2 of those days were 6-8" of fresh powder on first chair. On the first lesson Friday at Vail lift lines were ~20-30 minutes and I skipped every one with the instructor. If you have the opportunity to take a max 3/ultimate 4 lesson, especially on a powder day, do it.
- Intermediate/Advanced Lessons - Max 3 @ Vail
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 14 minutes ago
- › Quick Bonafide size question? 21 minutes ago
- › Australia / New Zealand 2016 35 minutes ago
- › First time buying skis - need suggestions please [mother skiing... 37 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Image of the Month Contest 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Big Sky 2016-2017 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Kids boot sizing 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Race Boot Recommendations 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer