I've heard through a few friends that have taken these "max 3" lessons (3 + instructor so you all fit on quad chair) that if you book during slower days, typically midweek or if you have a different thing you want to focus on from the group that's already scheduled (trees, bumps, bowls) it's very possible you end up Han Solo with an instructor all day for $285. I've booked 3 of these lessons for next week and will report my findings. Anyone else have a similar experience or just input on how their experience in a semi-private lesson like this was?
Related Forum Threads
- Best Resort for Mid March 2016: Very Mixed Group (No True experts)???? Help! Last post on 12/1/15 at 9:37am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Colorado Ski Tour [from TX, late Dec to early Jan] Last post on 1/19/16 at 8:03am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vail 2/4-2/8 - First time out west Last post on 2/17/15 at 2:48am in Trip Reports
- Best intermediates skiing west? Best intermediates skiing northeast? Best groomed terrain west?... Last post on 3/1/13 at 10:13am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Spring Skiing in ColoRADo! March 17 - 19 Last post on Yesterday at 8:00 am in Trip Reports
EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 2
Last edited: 1/20/17
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain ResortLast edited: 6/15/16
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Intermediate/Advanced Lessons - Max 3 @ Vailpost #1 of 22/12/15 at 3:48pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 23/8/15 at 12:34pmThread Starter
Well, lets post an update to this thread. I just got back from 2 weeks in Vail and Breck and had the opportunity to take 3 "max 3 / ultimate 4" lessons. Best thing I've ever done. All 3 days I only had one other person in my group so at the price of $285 for a full day (9:45am-3:45pm) it was well worth it. Lessons took me from a mid level 5 to high 7 in just 3 days. Best experience I've had skiing as I was skiing 10x better just after the first run and a couple quick pointers from a great instructor . Not to mention 2 of those days were 6-8" of fresh powder on first chair. On the first lesson Friday at Vail lift lines were ~20-30 minutes and I skipped every one with the instructor. If you have the opportunity to take a max 3/ultimate 4 lesson, especially on a powder day, do it.
- Intermediate/Advanced Lessons - Max 3 @ Vail
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Telluride - trip timing advice 2 minutes ago
- › Bump turn on flats 3 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 4 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 7 minutes ago
- › How Long Do Skis Last? 9 minutes ago
- › Side/base angles: please explain, thanks 10 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 12 minutes ago
- › Mountain Collective 17/18 is out 17 minutes ago
- › NYC End of Season Social Gathering 21 minutes ago
- › Kastle, Stockli, Blizzard, Head, Fischer end of season blowout sale 24 minutes ago
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!