I've heard through a few friends that have taken these "max 3" lessons (3 + instructor so you all fit on quad chair) that if you book during slower days, typically midweek or if you have a different thing you want to focus on from the group that's already scheduled (trees, bumps, bowls) it's very possible you end up Han Solo with an instructor all day for $285. I've booked 3 of these lessons for next week and will report my findings. Anyone else have a similar experience or just input on how their experience in a semi-private lesson like this was?
Related Forum Threads
- Best Resort for Mid March 2016: Very Mixed Group (No True experts)???? Help! Last post on 12/1/15 at 9:37am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Colorado Ski Tour [from TX, late Dec to early Jan] Last post on 1/19/16 at 8:03am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vail 2/4-2/8 - First time out west Last post on 2/17/15 at 2:48am in Trip Reports
- Best intermediates skiing west? Best intermediates skiing northeast? Best groomed terrain west?... Last post on 3/1/13 at 10:13am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vail starting to ski ragged and dirty Last post on Today at 4:55 pm in Trip Reports
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain ResortLast edited: 6/15/16
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain Resort
Intermediate/Advanced Lessons - Max 3 @ Vail
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, lets post an update to this thread. I just got back from 2 weeks in Vail and Breck and had the opportunity to take 3 "max 3 / ultimate 4" lessons. Best thing I've ever done. All 3 days I only had one other person in my group so at the price of $285 for a full day (9:45am-3:45pm) it was well worth it. Lessons took me from a mid level 5 to high 7 in just 3 days. Best experience I've had skiing as I was skiing 10x better just after the first run and a couple quick pointers from a great instructor . Not to mention 2 of those days were 6-8" of fresh powder on first chair. On the first lesson Friday at Vail lift lines were ~20-30 minutes and I skipped every one with the instructor. If you have the opportunity to take a max 3/ultimate 4 lesson, especially on a powder day, do it.
- Intermediate/Advanced Lessons - Max 3 @ Vail
- › Arcteryx vs Patagonia 15 minutes ago
- › The Narrower Stance? 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Jacket Recommendation 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › Intuition liners to replace my Hotronics? 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › liner packed out while skiing 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › Early season GS Training (video) 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Atomic Live Fit Shell suitable for stretching? 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › 10 epic years. 2 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Always facing uphill 2 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › How can I help her? 2 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues