I've heard through a few friends that have taken these "max 3" lessons (3 + instructor so you all fit on quad chair) that if you book during slower days, typically midweek or if you have a different thing you want to focus on from the group that's already scheduled (trees, bumps, bowls) it's very possible you end up Han Solo with an instructor all day for $285. I've booked 3 of these lessons for next week and will report my findings. Anyone else have a similar experience or just input on how their experience in a semi-private lesson like this was?
Related Forum Threads
- Best Resort for Mid March 2016: Very Mixed Group (No True experts)???? Help! Last post on 12/1/15 at 9:37am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Colorado Ski Tour [from TX, late Dec to early Jan] Last post on 1/19/16 at 8:03am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vail 2/4-2/8 - First time out west Last post on 2/17/15 at 2:48am in Trip Reports
- Best intermediates skiing west? Best intermediates skiing northeast? Best groomed terrain west?... Last post on 3/1/13 at 10:13am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- My 2nd annual Alta visit: 4/8/2017 - 4/11/2017 - An Intermediate's View Last post on Today at 12:50 pm in Trip Reports
EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 2
Last edited: 1/20/17
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain ResortLast edited: 6/15/16
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Intermediate/Advanced Lessons - Max 3 @ Vailpost #1 of 22/12/15 at 3:48pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 23/8/15 at 12:34pmThread Starter
Well, lets post an update to this thread. I just got back from 2 weeks in Vail and Breck and had the opportunity to take 3 "max 3 / ultimate 4" lessons. Best thing I've ever done. All 3 days I only had one other person in my group so at the price of $285 for a full day (9:45am-3:45pm) it was well worth it. Lessons took me from a mid level 5 to high 7 in just 3 days. Best experience I've had skiing as I was skiing 10x better just after the first run and a couple quick pointers from a great instructor . Not to mention 2 of those days were 6-8" of fresh powder on first chair. On the first lesson Friday at Vail lift lines were ~20-30 minutes and I skipped every one with the instructor. If you have the opportunity to take a max 3/ultimate 4 lesson, especially on a powder day, do it.
- Intermediate/Advanced Lessons - Max 3 @ Vail
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 8 minutes ago
- › Ballet Skis 150 cm 22 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 38 minutes ago
- › Korean Mogul Lesson Video 38 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL 2017 MLB THREAD...SUCK IT CHOWDS 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Rossignol Blackops 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for a Basic Tuning Kit 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review