I need to know what I'm about to deal with after years off the slopes. I'll try to be semi-succinct, if possible...
* Learned to ski when I was 5-6 in Italy. Move to the states when I was 7 and then didn't ski again until I was 15 on a trip to Italy
* After that trip at 15, I started going skiing more frequently but typically only a week a year
* Despite limited time on the slopes, I advanced to the point where in college I would take on the occasional double-diamond and can tick off Pallavicini at A-Basin. To this day, A-Basin is still my favorite U.S. resort. I used to have a blast on the blacks off of lift 6 at Breckenridge and some of the
* Starting in about 1999, I started going less frequently... went to Heavenly, Squaw, A-Basin, Winter Park a few times and would take on blacks. Not sure if my guts are there for double diamonds.
* Last ski trip was in 2006 to Park City and The Canyons. Still felt fine on blacks and can still remember one of my more aggressive mogul runs in years at the Canyons. Felt really good!
BUT, that was my last ski trip. We're going to Courmayeur (and hopefully will go to Verbier and Chamonix) soon. The Valee Blanche is definitely on my list. I am in better shape today than I was in 2006 which will help me from a stamina perspective, thanfully. How long will it take to get my ski legs back. Should I take a couple of hours of private instruction to get jump started? My skiing style tends to be more aggressive and I love to have fun on the slopes - I enjoy turning more than just pointing my skis down the fall line. I think the last time I skied, I was using something like 177s? Not sure. Back when skis were longer, I was on 190s. I am 5' 8".
Ok... so, now what?
Mod note: moved to Ski Gear