or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Ski Training and Pro Forums › Racing and Big Mountain Competitions › using SL skis with the plastic tip deflector broken
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

using SL skis with the plastic tip deflector broken

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

Broke the plastic tip deflector of my new Fischers, first time I took them in gates... do you think it's ok to use them for a few days of bashing gates without a deflector, until I get a replacement...? I don't think they'll delam so quickly, eh?

 

cheers,

raz

post #2 of 9
Duct tape?
post #3 of 9
I won't use them till a new deflector is installed.
post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
I have an older pair with a different model deflector, if it doesn't fit, duct tape it is. I love these puppies - they just jive with my skiing somehow... or I could take another pair... man, this is so annoying"

Cheers
post #5 of 9
Well what do expect when you run into stationary plastic poles. :-)
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider View Post

Well what do expect when you run into stationary plastic poles. :-)


I'd sharpen the tip deflectors, perhaps attach little cerrated blades on each one so the timber falls as you ski over them..:devil:

post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
There I fixed it - can hardly tell the difference



I will use my Atomics this week... damn!
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by razie View Post

There I fixed it - can hardly tell the difference



I will use my Atomics this week... damn!

You should have offset it!

 

And the Technical term for them is "Nosepickers"

post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post
 


I'd sharpen the tip deflectors, perhaps attach little cerrated blades on each one so the timber falls as you ski over them..:devil:

Reminds me of Ben-Hur's Chariot! ...particulalry if you run dual SL or GS

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Ski Training and Pro Forums › Racing and Big Mountain Competitions › using SL skis with the plastic tip deflector broken