...Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Purpose of new skis: New skis are for developing on moguls, trees, and sidecountry (but not far out)
Height/weight: 5'8" / 150(+/-5) lbs
Current quiver: FIS-GS 180s, FiS-SL165s and SX 170s (primarily on groomers and occasionally on gates)
Skis owned before: Long black Olins (25 yrs ago), various (non) FIS race skis and FX94 166s
Skill level: I can't carve black diamonds yet and got some ways to go on bumps
Frequency: Ski every winter weekend when possible
Home mountain: Mammoth/Snow Summit
I'm listing several skis that are (or were) on my radar...let me know any other skis to consider.
- SR88 177s (demoed): I loved their flex/rocker/dampness/smoothness.
- MX88 168s (demoed): Too stiff/short.
- MX83 173s (demoed): Didn't see fit.
- VXL 180s (demoed): Felt too long for full-cambered.
- Matra/Kendo: Seem too stiff for what I'm looking for.
- Rev 85 177s: I'm hearing they are frontside biased, but will demo them.
- E88: Maybe on the stiff side based on what I'm reading, but will demo them. I'm sure whether to go with 172 or 180 cm.
- Bushwacker 180s: Definitely on my demo list.
- Brahma 180s: Maybe too stiff for me but on my list.