I've been a lurker on this site reading some extremely informative posts and decided to ask a question of my own in case anyone sees this before tomorrow. Was thinking of going skiing this weekend with some friends in the NY/NJ area. Read that temps at Mountain Creek, for example, are going to be something like 1 to 17F, but windy (15-21 mph, with gusts up to 40mph, wind chill as low as -11F).
As beginner skiers who don't have the best gear (no balaclavas/masks, maybe not the best of ski jackets), do you think the temperatures and/or winds should cause us to cancel? We'd definitely prefer to go since it'd be somewhat difficult to reschedule, but obviously don't want to go if it's going to be unsafe or just miserable/uncomfortable.
Any advice would be very much appreciated and apologies in advance for both the lateness and the newbie nature of the question!