I saw that burning the P-Tex candles doesn't make a clean, quality and permanent reparation.
And I plan to buy the SkiMender RP360, unfortunately I didn't find too much information/reviews on the internet.
If somebody from here is using such a gun please help me with your opinion.
I will try to wrote some punctual questions, but any additional information are welcomed.
- Should I wait until I have more money to buy a professional one? I saw some from 700 Euro to 2300 Euro (but I'm pretty sure that if you have 10 000 euro you can find one )
- I'm wondering if worth the money.
- What about strengths and weaknesses.
- I'm also curious about the P-TEX hole from the plate, how it looks (e.g. I cannot see a hole in the picture below). I'm a little confused.
- Can you make a quality base reparation with it? (in comparison with lighting a P-Tex gun)
- How hard is to use it? (in the presentation video looks very easy)
- Do you have to clean the P-Tex from the plate? (will the P-Tex stick on the plate? )
- How much do you have to wait until the gun plate reaches the nominal temperature value? (Ready to use)
A video or some real images with your gun will be very helpful.
I'm a beginner in ski/snowboard tuning, and I plan to use this gun for 1 pair of skis a day. (as an average)
Thank in advance for your help!