Anyone been to the Lake Tahoe area of late. I am kinda getting a little worried. Flying out to Reno mid Feb 2015
- itemSquaw Valley USAtagged by Sprinkless, 1/26/15
Related Forum Threads
- Squaw/Alpine looking to welcome Chinese tourists who ski Last post on 6/7/16 at 12:43pm in Skiing News
- California Dreaming (a trip of many misfortune, but fortunately no missed opportunity) Last post on 4/4/16 at 8:49am in Trip Reports
- California Skiing, March 17-25, 2016 Last post on 4/6/16 at 9:14am in Trip Reports
- Northstar or Squaw [first family trip, intermediate parents with young kids, early Jan] Last post on 12/2/15 at 7:52pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Squaw vs. Sugar Bowl in February Last post on 11/2/15 at 1:01pm in General Skiing Discussion
Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows - A Pictorial
Last edited: 9/21/13
- Squaw Valley Unofficial GuideLast edited: 7/17/15
- An Unvarnished Guide to Dining at SquawLast edited: 1/16/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Lake Tahoepost #1 of 241/20/15 at 11:09amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 241/20/15 at 11:24am
Please look at this link, if we get snow your plans will be OK
otherwise there may be better options if you can change your planspost #3 of 241/20/15 at 11:25ampost #4 of 241/20/15 at 11:48am
I was at kirkwood yesterday; it was a ghost town. The coverage was fair and the skiing actually wasn't aweful/horrible everywhere; but there were some sketchy-thin places. Not much they can do about it right now with snowmaking - which depends on air temperature and availability of water.post #5 of 241/20/15 at 12:29pmThread Starterpost #6 of 241/20/15 at 12:34pmpost #7 of 241/20/15 at 2:29pmQuote:
If you must plan ahead I would definitely go elsewhere. If you can keep your options open until the last minute then its best to wait it out and see if it snows. Tahoe needs a LOT of snow to get good but as well all know they can get 6 feet of snow in one storm no problem that is why this drought is so frustrating.post #8 of 241/20/15 at 3:02pmQuote:
I'm in the same boat, martyski. Got skunked last year about the same time and had to cancel, and will try again the second week of Feb this year. It snowed like crazy the day I was supposed to leave last year, so I expect the same thing to happen this season too.post #9 of 241/20/15 at 7:36pm
We had decent snow in December but it got dry and warm. Typically January is a super dry month. February should bring something considering the trend from December........That's what I'm claimingpost #10 of 241/20/15 at 8:07pmQuote:
Worry is interest paid on fear before it falls due. Yeah, the snow is lacking now but all it will take is one or two Feb. storms for you to have a great time.post #11 of 241/20/15 at 8:07pmpost #12 of 241/21/15 at 7:43pm
Pic taken 12/13 at 9:21AM Top of Big Blue lift at Squaw with my coaching partner and team.post #13 of 241/21/15 at 8:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sprinkless
Pic taken 12/13 at 9:21AM Top of Big Blue lift at Squaw with my coaching partner and team.
Looks beautiful. Even though it's a low tide year it looks nice to be out there.post #14 of 241/21/15 at 8:21pmQuote:
It's amazing at the top when it's a sunny day. Would recommend checking it out if you're ever in the Tahoe area.post #15 of 241/24/15 at 11:29am
I am planning on bringing my daughter to the area in early April over Easter break. Planned on skiing Mammoth, Squaw and Alpine using our Mountain Collective passes (4 free days of skiing!). Although April is a LONG way away I am a little worried about current weather patterns. I also realize that Feb/March are much better snow months than Jan for the area. That being said following the omnipresent high pressure in the No California area is downright depressing right now. Hopefully things turn around soon although with plane tickets purchased at this point all we can do is hope for a big pattern change and some nice storms in the next 2 1/2 months! :)post #16 of 241/24/15 at 3:15pmpost #17 of 241/24/15 at 7:41pmQuote:
Very true!post #18 of 241/26/15 at 10:10ampost #19 of 241/26/15 at 6:44pmpost #20 of 241/26/15 at 7:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sprinkless
Would Recommend. Just came back from Alta, Fabulous snow and terrain right now. altanaut was a fabulous mountain host.
It never ceases to amaze me, how we find EpicSki Bears anywhere we ski. Glad you got to experience @Altanaut's hospitalitypost #21 of 241/27/15 at 3:20pmpost #22 of 241/27/15 at 3:27pmQuote:
How is the PC area? I'm heading there soon. I will make the drive to LCC if I have to, but on this trip I was hoping to ski mostly in the PC resorts.post #23 of 241/28/15 at 3:52pm
- Lake Tahoe
- Squaw Valley Unofficial Guide
- › Demo bindings 5 minutes ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 5 minutes ago
- › All mountain twin tip plus park ski? 9 minutes ago
- › Ski size question 11 minutes ago
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 14 minutes ago
- › Steelers Baby! 19 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 26 minutes ago
- › Picture of the day... 26 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 55 minutes ago
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer