Anyone been to the Lake Tahoe area of late. I am kinda getting a little worried. Flying out to Reno mid Feb 2015
- itemSquaw Valley USAtagged by Sprinkless, 1/26/15
Related Forum Threads
- Xmas Holiday Ski Experiences Last post on 1/21/17 at 9:08am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Squaw/Alpine looking to welcome Chinese tourists who ski Last post on 6/7/16 at 12:43pm in Skiing News
- California Dreaming (a trip of many misfortune, but fortunately no missed opportunity) Last post on 4/4/16 at 8:49am in Trip Reports
- California Skiing, March 17-25, 2016 Last post on 4/6/16 at 9:14am in Trip Reports
- Northstar or Squaw [first family trip, intermediate parents with young kids, early Jan] Last post on 12/2/15 at 7:52pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows - A Pictorial
Last edited: 9/21/13
- Squaw Valley Unofficial GuideLast edited: 7/17/15
- An Unvarnished Guide to Dining at SquawLast edited: 1/16/13
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Lake Tahoepost #1 of 241/20/15 at 11:09amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 241/20/15 at 11:24am
Please look at this link, if we get snow your plans will be OK
otherwise there may be better options if you can change your planspost #3 of 241/20/15 at 11:25ampost #4 of 241/20/15 at 11:48am
I was at kirkwood yesterday; it was a ghost town. The coverage was fair and the skiing actually wasn't aweful/horrible everywhere; but there were some sketchy-thin places. Not much they can do about it right now with snowmaking - which depends on air temperature and availability of water.post #5 of 241/20/15 at 12:29pmThread Starterpost #6 of 241/20/15 at 12:34pmpost #7 of 241/20/15 at 2:29pmQuote:
If you must plan ahead I would definitely go elsewhere. If you can keep your options open until the last minute then its best to wait it out and see if it snows. Tahoe needs a LOT of snow to get good but as well all know they can get 6 feet of snow in one storm no problem that is why this drought is so frustrating.post #8 of 241/20/15 at 3:02pmQuote:
I'm in the same boat, martyski. Got skunked last year about the same time and had to cancel, and will try again the second week of Feb this year. It snowed like crazy the day I was supposed to leave last year, so I expect the same thing to happen this season too.post #9 of 241/20/15 at 7:36pm
We had decent snow in December but it got dry and warm. Typically January is a super dry month. February should bring something considering the trend from December........That's what I'm claimingpost #10 of 241/20/15 at 8:07pmQuote:
Worry is interest paid on fear before it falls due. Yeah, the snow is lacking now but all it will take is one or two Feb. storms for you to have a great time.post #11 of 241/20/15 at 8:07pmpost #12 of 241/21/15 at 7:43pm
Pic taken 12/13 at 9:21AM Top of Big Blue lift at Squaw with my coaching partner and team.post #13 of 241/21/15 at 8:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sprinkless
Pic taken 12/13 at 9:21AM Top of Big Blue lift at Squaw with my coaching partner and team.
Looks beautiful. Even though it's a low tide year it looks nice to be out there.post #14 of 241/21/15 at 8:21pmQuote:
It's amazing at the top when it's a sunny day. Would recommend checking it out if you're ever in the Tahoe area.post #15 of 241/24/15 at 11:29am
I am planning on bringing my daughter to the area in early April over Easter break. Planned on skiing Mammoth, Squaw and Alpine using our Mountain Collective passes (4 free days of skiing!). Although April is a LONG way away I am a little worried about current weather patterns. I also realize that Feb/March are much better snow months than Jan for the area. That being said following the omnipresent high pressure in the No California area is downright depressing right now. Hopefully things turn around soon although with plane tickets purchased at this point all we can do is hope for a big pattern change and some nice storms in the next 2 1/2 months! :)post #16 of 241/24/15 at 3:15pmpost #17 of 241/24/15 at 7:41pmQuote:
Very true!post #18 of 241/26/15 at 10:10ampost #19 of 241/26/15 at 6:44pmpost #20 of 241/26/15 at 7:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sprinkless
Would Recommend. Just came back from Alta, Fabulous snow and terrain right now. altanaut was a fabulous mountain host.
It never ceases to amaze me, how we find EpicSki Bears anywhere we ski. Glad you got to experience @Altanaut's hospitalitypost #21 of 241/27/15 at 3:20pmpost #22 of 241/27/15 at 3:27pmQuote:
How is the PC area? I'm heading there soon. I will make the drive to LCC if I have to, but on this trip I was hoping to ski mostly in the PC resorts.post #23 of 241/28/15 at 3:52pm
- Lake Tahoe
- Squaw Valley Unofficial Guide
- › Notification chain as a way to let friends and friends of friends... 4 minutes ago
- › Death Bed Confessions 9 minutes ago
- › Who is the ultimate thread "killer"? 17 minutes ago
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 19 minutes ago
- › Shutdown Procedures 25 minutes ago
- › RIP Epic - Technical Help 3 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › We Heard You! 9 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › What, no hockey fans? 21 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › FS Nordica Dobermann Spitfire Pro EDT skis, 162cm , NEW 2 days, 8 hours ago
- › Praxis Concept 177cm w/ Salomon STH 13 2 days, 8 hours ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review