Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the quality of cell service (and carriers) on the mountain at Vail? We've got a herd of dudes going and we are trying to figure how to handle on-mountain meet-ups.
- itemVail Resorttagged by marznc, 1/18/15
Related Forum Threads
- Colorado Dec 16-23.. Time to change plans ?? Last post on Today at 11:13 am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Where should I go for a ski vacation? [Feb family trip, non-skiing mom, from MA] Last post on 11/14/16 at 8:42am in General Skiing Discussion
- Trip in Feb. Need advice on when to buy passes [family, 4 ski days at Vail, Keystone, Breck] Last post on 9/11/16 at 6:34pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vail vs Alta/Bird Last post on 9/13/16 at 7:21pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- The "Park City Effect": UT Records Best Skier Visits Last post on 7/27/16 at 8:19pm in Skiing News
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain ResortLast edited: 6/15/16
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain Resort
Cell service on mountain at Vail?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I joust found an article in the Vail Daily that said the entire town had received a significant wireless upgrade in order to be ready for the World Championships in Feb. I hope that spills over to on-mountain areas.
Edited by maui19 - 1/18/15 at 1:44pm
Text messages fail . Some come to you a day late .
Last year my daughter tried to call me at 2 in the morning because my son had a bad car accident .
The phone never rang .
Well then it's a big change from last year . I will be out in Vail this Thursday and provide a report . I haven't been to Vail yet the year , only go in January - March
They just added what looks like a cell tower disguised (terribly) as a tree at the top of Blue Sky. I just read an article in the Vail Daily about how cell service was dramatically upgraded in preparation for the World Championships, but I think that applies more to the town than the mountain.
Anyway, I'm on Sprint and I get very strong on-mountain coverage. My family has Verizon and they've never had issues either.
I was just up last week and had great coverage all over the mountain with ATT, using an iPhone 6. Only area where it was dicey was Blue Sky basin and by "dicey", I mean I had 2 bars instead 4/5.
Maybe its the new tower - was there first part of Dec - was running iPhone 6 - typically text more than talk, and had couple of "undelivered" on #21 and #36 rides up.
Thanks for the thread and asking the question Maui19, and for the responses, since I'll be there and on AT&T soon too. I hadn't given it a thought, since I so rarely have any trouble with service on resorts around here. Good to know it should work fine at Vail too.
- Cell service on mountain at Vail?
- › Smith Chromapop thoughts. 1 minute ago
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review 1 minute ago
- › The Narrower Stance? 6 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 12 minutes ago
- › How can I help her? 15 minutes ago
- › Resource list discussion thread 1 - books. 20 minutes ago
- › Tuning while travelling - tuning side edges, bases up? 22 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 24 minutes ago
- › Do police target skiers in your area? 32 minutes ago
- › what is a reasonable car service form Salt Lake City airport to... 33 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues