Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the quality of cell service (and carriers) on the mountain at Vail? We've got a herd of dudes going and we are trying to figure how to handle on-mountain meet-ups.
- itemVail Resorttagged by marznc, 1/18/15
Related Forum Threads
- Where should I go for a ski vacation? [Feb family trip, non-skiing mom, from MA] Last post on 10/8/16 at 6:28am in General Skiing Discussion
- Trip in Feb. Need advice on when to buy passes [family, 4 ski days at Vail, Keystone, Breck] Last post on 9/11/16 at 6:34pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vail vs Alta/Bird Last post on 9/13/16 at 7:21pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- The "Park City Effect": UT Records Best Skier Visits Last post on 7/27/16 at 8:19pm in Skiing News
- The Bunkhouse, Vail's first and only boutique hostel opening May 26th. Last post on 10/1/16 at 6:15pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain ResortLast edited: 6/15/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain Resort
Cell service on mountain at Vail?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I joust found an article in the Vail Daily that said the entire town had received a significant wireless upgrade in order to be ready for the World Championships in Feb. I hope that spills over to on-mountain areas.
Edited by maui19 - 1/18/15 at 1:44pm
Text messages fail . Some come to you a day late .
Last year my daughter tried to call me at 2 in the morning because my son had a bad car accident .
The phone never rang .
Well then it's a big change from last year . I will be out in Vail this Thursday and provide a report . I haven't been to Vail yet the year , only go in January - March
They just added what looks like a cell tower disguised (terribly) as a tree at the top of Blue Sky. I just read an article in the Vail Daily about how cell service was dramatically upgraded in preparation for the World Championships, but I think that applies more to the town than the mountain.
Anyway, I'm on Sprint and I get very strong on-mountain coverage. My family has Verizon and they've never had issues either.
I was just up last week and had great coverage all over the mountain with ATT, using an iPhone 6. Only area where it was dicey was Blue Sky basin and by "dicey", I mean I had 2 bars instead 4/5.
Maybe its the new tower - was there first part of Dec - was running iPhone 6 - typically text more than talk, and had couple of "undelivered" on #21 and #36 rides up.
Thanks for the thread and asking the question Maui19, and for the responses, since I'll be there and on AT&T soon too. I hadn't given it a thought, since I so rarely have any trouble with service on resorts around here. Good to know it should work fine at Vail too.
- Cell service on mountain at Vail?
- › Kids boot sizing 8 minutes ago
- › Why you don't get cell service at Snowshoe 19 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Beginners tip bible - share yours 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › fischer skis the new curve or progressors 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 2 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 7 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 8 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 8 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › FS - barely used Icelantic, Line, Elan, Salomon & Surface skis -... 9 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer