Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the quality of cell service (and carriers) on the mountain at Vail? We've got a herd of dudes going and we are trying to figure how to handle on-mountain meet-ups.
- itemVail Resorttagged by marznc, 1/18/15
Related Forum Threads
- Spring Skiing in ColoRADo! March 17 - 19 Last post on 3/23/17 at 8:00am in Trip Reports
- Conditions + resort advice - Late March 2017 Last post on 3/13/17 at 5:12pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Beautiful Day @ Vail with Mr and Mrs SkiMangoJazz, 3/2/17 Last post on 3/2/17 at 8:21pm in Trip Reports
- Vail Bluebird Day Last post on 3/1/17 at 9:57pm in Trip Reports
- 2017 Geezer Snowbirds Tour Last post on 3/14/17 at 6:22pm in Trip Reports
EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 2
Last edited: 1/20/17
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain ResortLast edited: 6/15/16
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Cell service on mountain at Vail?post #1 of 171/18/15 at 9:58amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 171/18/15 at 10:31amMy experience with AT&T in the mountains, including at Vail two years ago, was poor. I have switched to Verizon because ski friends using it did not seem to have the problems I did. I've not been in a situation yet to form an opinion on Verizon.post #3 of 171/18/15 at 10:50amThread Starter
I joust found an article in the Vail Daily that said the entire town had received a significant wireless upgrade in order to be ready for the World Championships in Feb. I hope that spills over to on-mountain areas.
Edited by maui19 - 1/18/15 at 1:44pmpost #4 of 171/19/15 at 9:20amI hope so because AT&T for years has been terrible . I spend 40 winter days at Vail and unless you are at the bottom of the mountain your phone is worthless .
Text messages fail . Some come to you a day late .
Last year my daughter tried to call me at 2 in the morning because my son had a bad car accident .
The phone never rang .post #5 of 171/19/15 at 9:21ampost #6 of 171/19/15 at 9:28ampost #7 of 171/19/15 at 9:33amThread Starterpost #8 of 171/19/15 at 9:39ampost #9 of 171/19/15 at 10:17am
Well then it's a big change from last year . I will be out in Vail this Thursday and provide a report . I haven't been to Vail yet the year , only go in January - Marchpost #10 of 171/19/15 at 10:29am
They just added what looks like a cell tower disguised (terribly) as a tree at the top of Blue Sky. I just read an article in the Vail Daily about how cell service was dramatically upgraded in preparation for the World Championships, but I think that applies more to the town than the mountain.
Anyway, I'm on Sprint and I get very strong on-mountain coverage. My family has Verizon and they've never had issues either.post #11 of 171/19/15 at 2:28pmpost #12 of 171/20/15 at 8:49am
I was just up last week and had great coverage all over the mountain with ATT, using an iPhone 6. Only area where it was dicey was Blue Sky basin and by "dicey", I mean I had 2 bars instead 4/5.post #13 of 171/20/15 at 9:29amQuote:
Maybe its the new tower - was there first part of Dec - was running iPhone 6 - typically text more than talk, and had couple of "undelivered" on #21 and #36 rides up.post #14 of 171/20/15 at 9:50ampost #15 of 171/20/15 at 11:51amThread Starterpost #16 of 171/20/15 at 4:26pm
Thanks for the thread and asking the question Maui19, and for the responses, since I'll be there and on AT&T soon too. I hadn't given it a thought, since I so rarely have any trouble with service on resorts around here. Good to know it should work fine at Vail too.post #17 of 171/24/15 at 5:20amWell I have been on the mountain the last two days and At&t service is much improved over last year. Service at Two Elk (China Bowl) is good and Adventure Ridge as well, which were two big trouble spots for years.
- Cell service on mountain at Vail?
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Need for custom insoles 9 minutes ago
- › Killington Advice Sought 10 minutes ago
- › Lure of the steeps? 16 minutes ago
- › New intermediate woman looking for new skis in northeast, replacing... 27 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 45 minutes ago
- › banging my skis into my planted poles = damaged edges 49 minutes ago
- › April 2017 Image of the Month Contest 59 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Taos Ski Club Trip Need To Change Dates? 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › Arcteryx vs Patagonia 2 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review