Recently began skiing, and I seem to be progressing pretty well. However my right foot isn't in the game, which is a bit weird since I'm right footed.
- I can't seem to get the ski balanced on the inner edge when doing a left turn.
- Standing in the elevator my the tip of my right ski wants to twist to the left. My left ski stays straight.
- It somewhat feels like im standing on the outer edge of my foot in the boot, and that it wants to twist out and to the left.
- I am somewhat bowlegged on the right leg.
- When doing the shuffle-exercise my left leg shuffles fine but the right leg doesn't seem balanced. It still wants to twist in to the left, and I cant get it as far behind my body (if that makes sense) as my left foot.
- I get cramps in my right foot.
- When doing my right turns, my skiis stay close to eacother and I have good control. Going right however they are pretty far apart, and Im mostly skidding, not carving.
All these things leads me to think that I have an issue with canting?
Fit of boots:
Aproximately 1,9-2 cm behind heel. (On the large side, I know)
Dont know for width.
Im going to find a bootfitter in my area that can look in to the problem. Im just asking here because I want to get a feel for what this might be, so when I call them up tomorrow, I know what to ask for and if they can help me with my problem. NOT a great deal of wellknown, good bootfitters in my area.