or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mammoth meetups - Page 2  

post #31 of 53
I'm heading to Utah the following week so I can't go but looks like Mammoth is finally getting snow this weekend...
post #32 of 53
Utah...nice
post #33 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by lott42 View Post

I'm heading to Utah the following week so I can't go but looks like Mammoth is finally getting snow this weekend...

 

We're up here at Mammoth, and it's unfortunately not snow---it's rain, sleet and hail. What a mess. They did get 6" yesterday, which all got promptly ruined today. We were so completely soaked through today it was ridiculous. You can squeeze my gloves and water pours out. Pants, jackets, completely drenched, somehow inside as well. This place needs a real Winter, and this ain't it. :(

post #34 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super D View Post

 

We're up here at Mammoth, and it's unfortunately not snow---it's rain, sleet and hail. What a mess. They did get 6" yesterday, which all got promptly ruined today. We were so completely soaked through today it was ridiculous. You can squeeze my gloves and water pours out. Pants, jackets, completely drenched, somehow inside as well. This place needs a real Winter, and this ain't it. :(

 

Probably because the upper mountain was closed and you were stuck lower. Pretty sure its all snow at 11k. Unfortunately for Mammoth the storm tracked a bit more north than predicted and only 13" fell over the 3 days. Not what they needed but better than nothing. If I was there Id be waiting for the top to open and head right to Cornice since that had the best base with a groomed surface. Daves and Dropout should be good as well.

post #35 of 53

Heading down tomorrow for ski testing, keep us posted. 

post #36 of 53
Skiing Sat-Sun with some friends from LA. Any Mammoth Bears who might want to make some turns, shoot me a PM. Maybe a little freshen-up in store for Sunday?
post #37 of 53
I'm still considering it. How is the condition now? I don't wanna get any more of my skis scratched up in the base
post #38 of 53
Just got back from Utah. I'll need to stay home for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping mid March I can go back..bring on the snow!!
post #39 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by nochaser View Post

I'm still considering it. How is the condition now? I don't wanna get any more of my skis scratched up in the base

Dunno, unfortunately. I'm committed. Taking up one pair of rock-ish skis and a good pair.

post #40 of 53

Hello all, I live in Mammoth and would be love to perhaps meet up and get some laps in. Also if anyone is interested in Backcountry, I am looking for a new partner. 

 

As a side note, I live in a large house and can potentially offer a nice room for a night or two in exchange for a ride down to LA or from LA up to mammoth. PM me if you are interested. Right now I am looking for a ride down on March 8th or 9th and ride back up on the 19th or 20th. 

 

PS- It is finally snowing again!

post #41 of 53
Thread Starter 

Hey Faustus, that's quite an offer. I cant help you with a ride but if you are around the 2nd week in April we can make some turns? And any other bears for that matter. Miracle March here we come!!!

post #42 of 53

I am heading up on April 6th to meet up with @skibum4ever and plan to ski about 5 days if anyone else is going to be up there that week.

post #43 of 53
You guys are making me feel better that this horrible season will get better again. Woo Hoo, let's have a late winter and ski until July ☺
post #44 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustski View Post
 

I am heading up on April 6th to meet up with @skibum4ever and plan to ski about 5 days if anyone else is going to be up there that week.

 

I'm headed up the same day for about the same amount of time. Should be quiet the week after Spring break was my thought. Hope I can meet up with you both

post #45 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreen View Post
 

 

I'm headed up the same day for about the same amount of time. Should be quiet the week after Spring break was my thought. Hope I can meet up with you both


Definitely.  We will post a meet up time closer to the date.  Be aware though that is spring break week for much of the OC.  It will still be much quieter than the last week in March which is the spring break for LA.  I am a teacher and head up during my spring break fairly often.  I have not found it to be crazy.

post #46 of 53

Heading up Friday, very early morning - hope to get on hill by Noon.

Then awaiting the POW on Sat thru Mon... :popcorn 

 

webcam upper mtn looks ok, and hopefully will get moe betta...

post #47 of 53

Last Sat was icy everywhere, but coverage was good. Best runs were Climax and Dave's. Sunday's snow helped for sure, but didn't accumulate enough to change the "dust on crust" conditions until mid afternoon. Best runs while it was snowing were the trees on Face of 5. When we left Sunday it was still snowing. Upcoming weekend should be very good. I'd be up for it. Unfortunately, though, I will be in Utah. ;) 

post #48 of 53
I hope it is a great weekend with fresh POW. Fingers crossed. expecting 8-16 inches.:drool

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreoutdoor View Post
 

Heading up Friday, very early morning - hope to get on hill by Noon.

Then awaiting the POW on Sat thru Mon... :popcorn 

 

webcam upper mtn looks ok, and hopefully will get moe betta...


Edited by BigLebowski - 2/26/15 at 7:12am
post #49 of 53

Anyone skiing at mammoth this weekend? I'll be there Fri/Sat.

post #50 of 53

I live up here, so yes.

looks like we have similar tastes in skis... I have 3 Stocklis in my quiver, including the FIS GS. Best hardback ski in the world.

post #51 of 53

Ditto - great ski, but is the condition good enough for zoom zoom with nasty base scratches this week?

post #52 of 53

The snow is fairly soft off-piste, but due to colder temps we ve been having, the groomers are fairly firm in the mornings. not icy, just grippy. temps are warming up so by the weekend we will be going through the melt-freeze cycle which will harden things up a bit. Been busy staying in the trees and chutes were there is heavy chopped up snow and an occasional stash of untracked. monday and tuesday was the best Ive seen Mammoth in a while. 

post #53 of 53

Going to lock this thread because someone started one for 2015-16:

 

http://www.epicski.com/t/142494/mammoth-mountain-for-2015-2016

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked