What's the Tahoe ski areas like lately and what would be a good one to ski (family intermediate-advanced skiers). I'm pondering if it's worth bothering to take the skis along (airplane flight) for a day of skiing there while we visit relatives. We've skied at Heavenly over Christmas three years ago and it was quite underwhelming. Not everything was open and the slopes were icy. No effort was put into the grooming of the slopes.
1) Is skiing better there now (especially considering the high prices that the ski resorts charge)?
2) Which resort would you recommend right now?
3) Are the ticket prices more than these at the mountain?
4) Can I get these online prices the day before?
5) Is there a better place to buy lift tickets?
|Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows||$95/55||$300|
|Mt. Rose||$89/$47||$232 special|
|Sierra at Tahoe||$93/$33||$252|
|Serfaus Fiss Ladis (Austria)||$58/$35||$186|
|Seven Oaks Rec (Iowa)||$34/25||$118|
PS: For ski vacations I'd just go to Austria for nicer ski resorts, beautiful mountains, cheaper tickets and better food. ;)