- topicBootfitter Listtagged by marznc, 12/7/14
Related Forum Threads
- Boot Fitter in Mammoth CA Last post on 3/17/17 at 10:59am in Ask the Boot Guys
- Heino's Ski Shop in NJ Closing Last post on 3/14/17 at 7:54am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Pressure point near Last post on 2/14/17 at 1:50am in Ask the Boot Guys
- Utah bootfitter Last post on 1/15/17 at 9:24pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Where to buy boots at destination resorts out west (SLC, Mammoth, Aspen, Breck) Last post on 1/13/17 at 5:46am in Ski Gear Discussion
Last edited: 4/25/11
- Boot Fitters On EpicskiLast edited: 11/23/16
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
- Boot Fitters On Epicski
ski equipment [MN, family]
Welcome to EpicSki! How many days do you expect the family to be skiing this season? More or less than last year?
'Jillies', welcome to EpicSki.
I think your in kind of a hard spot. There don't appear to be any full service ski shops in Detroit Lakes or even in Fargo.
The best boot fitters in the state are in the Minneapolis area. Pierce Skate and Ski (888-754-1996) is in Bloomington and Hi Tempo (651- 429-3333) is in White Bear Lake.
Pierce and Hi Tempo both work with a lot of the best racers and instructors in the state. It would be worthwhile to make the trip to one of these shops and it is best to book an appointment in advance.
I second that, it will be well worth the drive, your boots are the single most important piece of equipment for your performance. Hi-Tempo and Pierce are the best 2 options in the Upper Midwest, let alone MN.
Unless it's Dave Hinz, it wouldn't change the only two places to go for boots in the Upper Midwest.
Brad at Hi-Tempo and Dave at Pierce are the 2 top people, not that others are bad, but no one else is in the same league around here. I've been in Colorado more than MN this month, and both of them are well respected and known by many of the top people in Summit County, Eagle County, and Aspen/Snowmass. Boots are the most important piece of equipment for your performance and enjoyment, much more important than the skis you are on, good boots and fit can make skiing fun even on bad skis, while great skis with bad boots or fit will never be fun!
- ski equipment [MN, family]
- › Death Bed Confessions 15 seconds ago
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 20 seconds ago
- › Monster 83 last minute confirmation on length 2 minutes ago
- › What are you smoking right now? 8 minutes ago
- › How much pu$$y have you crushed in a gondola? 23 minutes ago
- › Let's Go Colorado III 34 minutes ago
- › Epic Ski Wikipedia page discussion 35 minutes ago
- › Before this site dies, please MA my shred 43 minutes ago
- › Lightweight, adjustable binding for teen skiers 50 minutes ago
- › Planning trip for Feb 2018 now(May 2017), everything already booked? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review