- topicBootfitter Listtagged by marznc, 12/7/14
Related Forum Threads
- Bootfitter in Steamboat Last post on 11/21/16 at 6:30pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski shop kudos and questions on a couple of boots Last post on 11/18/16 at 10:39pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- My 1st boot fitting experience Last post on 11/14/16 at 7:57pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Boot Fitter Near NYC Last post on 11/9/16 at 3:39pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Where to buy boots in Colorado? Last post on 11/21/16 at 8:07am in Ski Gear Discussion
Last edited: 4/25/11
- Boot Fitters On EpicskiLast edited: 11/23/16
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
- Boot Fitters On Epicski
ski equipment [MN, family]
Welcome to EpicSki! How many days do you expect the family to be skiing this season? More or less than last year?
'Jillies', welcome to EpicSki.
I think your in kind of a hard spot. There don't appear to be any full service ski shops in Detroit Lakes or even in Fargo.
The best boot fitters in the state are in the Minneapolis area. Pierce Skate and Ski (888-754-1996) is in Bloomington and Hi Tempo (651- 429-3333) is in White Bear Lake.
Pierce and Hi Tempo both work with a lot of the best racers and instructors in the state. It would be worthwhile to make the trip to one of these shops and it is best to book an appointment in advance.
I second that, it will be well worth the drive, your boots are the single most important piece of equipment for your performance. Hi-Tempo and Pierce are the best 2 options in the Upper Midwest, let alone MN.
Unless it's Dave Hinz, it wouldn't change the only two places to go for boots in the Upper Midwest.
Brad at Hi-Tempo and Dave at Pierce are the 2 top people, not that others are bad, but no one else is in the same league around here. I've been in Colorado more than MN this month, and both of them are well respected and known by many of the top people in Summit County, Eagle County, and Aspen/Snowmass. Boots are the most important piece of equipment for your performance and enjoyment, much more important than the skis you are on, good boots and fit can make skiing fun even on bad skis, while great skis with bad boots or fit will never be fun!
- ski equipment [MN, family]
- › New skis! [for Colorado to replace MX83] 10 minutes ago
- › Vail or Breck 12/18 - 12/22 Solo 12 minutes ago
- › The Narrower Stance? 17 minutes ago
- › Wandering ski tips 42 minutes ago
- › No matter what I can't far enough forward-how do I fix this 52 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 52 minutes ago
- › Interesting/complicated/scary stories from La Grave?-Please do tell 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › In what conditions is it permissible to lift the inner ski without... 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Epic Discussion Starter 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Ok I have another worry about ski backs failing to come around in... 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis