- topicBootfitter Listtagged by marznc, 12/7/14
Related Forum Threads
- Boot Fitter in Mammoth CA Last post on 3/17/17 at 10:59am in Ask the Boot Guys
- Heino's Ski Shop in NJ Closing Last post on 3/14/17 at 7:54am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Pressure point near Last post on 2/14/17 at 1:50am in Ask the Boot Guys
- Utah bootfitter Last post on 1/15/17 at 9:24pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Where to buy boots at destination resorts out west (SLC, Mammoth, Aspen, Breck) Last post on 1/13/17 at 5:46am in Ski Gear Discussion
Last edited: 4/25/11
- Boot Fitters On EpicskiLast edited: 11/23/16
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
- Boot Fitters On Epicski
ski equipment [MN, family]
Welcome to EpicSki! How many days do you expect the family to be skiing this season? More or less than last year?
'Jillies', welcome to EpicSki.
I think your in kind of a hard spot. There don't appear to be any full service ski shops in Detroit Lakes or even in Fargo.
The best boot fitters in the state are in the Minneapolis area. Pierce Skate and Ski (888-754-1996) is in Bloomington and Hi Tempo (651- 429-3333) is in White Bear Lake.
Pierce and Hi Tempo both work with a lot of the best racers and instructors in the state. It would be worthwhile to make the trip to one of these shops and it is best to book an appointment in advance.
I second that, it will be well worth the drive, your boots are the single most important piece of equipment for your performance. Hi-Tempo and Pierce are the best 2 options in the Upper Midwest, let alone MN.
Unless it's Dave Hinz, it wouldn't change the only two places to go for boots in the Upper Midwest.
Brad at Hi-Tempo and Dave at Pierce are the 2 top people, not that others are bad, but no one else is in the same league around here. I've been in Colorado more than MN this month, and both of them are well respected and known by many of the top people in Summit County, Eagle County, and Aspen/Snowmass. Boots are the most important piece of equipment for your performance and enjoyment, much more important than the skis you are on, good boots and fit can make skiing fun even on bad skis, while great skis with bad boots or fit will never be fun!
- ski equipment [MN, family]
- › Spring vacation trip ideas, for a family with beginners,... 1 minute ago
- › When Couldn't You Keep Up? [- a Family Skiing topic] 3 minutes ago
- › OSBE ski helmet with visor attached. ( made in Itally, distributor... 12 minutes ago
- › Need a VERY flexy ski for a while... 20 minutes ago
- › Time for new skis 22 minutes ago
- › Tahoe or Colorado for April 11-15?? 26 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 27 minutes ago
- › 105-110 powder ski that can handle ice 39 minutes ago
- › Pond Skim Technique and Gear 42 minutes ago
- › Can you please comment on my skiing? 51 minutes ago
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › Manning Park Resort by davidykay
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!