With a layer of ice between rocks and bases, yes, you can put rock skis away.
Related Forum Threads
- Best North Eastern Skiing over Thanksgiving? Last post on 9/7/14 at 6:21am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- STOWE MOUNTAIN RESORT TO JOIN THE VAIL RESORTS FAMILY Last post on 3/8/17 at 2:59pm in Skiing News
- Can Stowe in Vermont Attract The Skiing Jet Set? Last post on 1/29/17 at 9:34pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Looking to go to Stowe this year, where are the discounted lift tickets??? Last post on 1/24/17 at 11:26am in General Skiing Discussion
- Vail or Breck 12/18 - 12/22 Solo Last post on 12/3/16 at 11:50am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
A Brief History of Alpine Skiing
Last edited: 2/13/17
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- Unofficial Guide to STOWELast edited: 12/1/16
- Top 5 Fridays - FIS Drone Ban, Discovery News, Crested Butte,...Last edited: 1/8/16
- Great Glades Almighty!Last edited: 5/28/13
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Skiing in VT - December 6-7 - Page 3post #61 of 7012/11/14 at 11:09ampost #62 of 7012/11/14 at 11:35amQuote:
I don't know about other areas, but I see that Stowe opened a bunch of natural-snow terrain based on the bounty this storm provided. I'm bringing rock skis for exploring some natural-snow-only bump runs this weekend.
That said, I have a history of not even scratching my rock skis and immediately hitting something -- hard -- when I take out brand new skis after previously verifying that there are no rocks to hit on my rock skis. So maybe I should change my modus operandi.post #63 of 7012/11/14 at 11:41am
This heyah be New England All skis here be rock skis.
Of course I can't make it up north this weekend. Jay Peak is saying they hope to be 100% open. They are also saying they "expect" another foot of snow on Saturday.
Sometimes feel like gcanoe's Avatar ( sung to the tune of "Whipping Post", "Sometimes I feel like I'm dying")post #64 of 7012/11/14 at 11:45ampost #65 of 7012/11/14 at 12:15pmQuote:
Sweet! They should have that all groomed down in about 12 hours ago...post #66 of 7012/12/14 at 12:03pmQuote:
Sweet! I'll be at K "on business" all next week.post #67 of 7012/13/14 at 3:50pmpost #68 of 7012/13/14 at 4:02pmSnow is good at Okemo. I'd imagine Kton would have good coverage also. They usually get more snow. You should have a great week. Must have been wetish coming down since it stuck to the trees as much as I've ever seen.post #69 of 7012/13/14 at 5:04pmpost #70 of 7012/14/14 at 10:37amQuote:
Plan on heading up to K early Tues.morning & hope to ski Wed. & Thurs also. One thing might hold me back though, my back's been killing me since skiing last week. It really has me worried about skiing. Sucks getting old.
- Skiing in VT - December 6-7
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 20 minutes ago
- › lessons around Tahoe... 20 minutes ago
- › Pondering a new bike (but I really shouldn't ... but hey, summer... 36 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 43 minutes ago
- › NYC End of Season Social Gathering 51 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 58 minutes ago
- › Mountains that offer skiing and mountain biking 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › My 2nd annual Banff trip: March 9 – 11, 2017 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › More Retro memories???? 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › The Season of Pow - China, Xinjiang Trip Report 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview