With a layer of ice between rocks and bases, yes, you can put rock skis away.
Related Forum Threads
- Best North Eastern Skiing over Thanksgiving? Last post on 9/7/14 at 6:21am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks Last post on Today at 10:23 am in General Skiing Discussion
- How is Keystone in Early December? Last post on 10/19/16 at 9:52pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Killington on Thanksgiving week Last post on 10/20/16 at 10:56am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Thanksgiving Banff? Last post on 10/15/16 at 9:44pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: Yesterday
- Unofficial Guide to STOWELast edited: 6/20/16
- Top 5 Fridays - FIS Drone Ban, Discovery News, Crested Butte,...Last edited: 1/8/16
- Great Glades Almighty!Last edited: 5/28/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Skiing in VT - December 6-7 - Page 3post #61 of 7012/11/14 at 11:09ampost #62 of 7012/11/14 at 11:35amQuote:
I don't know about other areas, but I see that Stowe opened a bunch of natural-snow terrain based on the bounty this storm provided. I'm bringing rock skis for exploring some natural-snow-only bump runs this weekend.
That said, I have a history of not even scratching my rock skis and immediately hitting something -- hard -- when I take out brand new skis after previously verifying that there are no rocks to hit on my rock skis. So maybe I should change my modus operandi.post #63 of 7012/11/14 at 11:41am
This heyah be New England All skis here be rock skis.
Of course I can't make it up north this weekend. Jay Peak is saying they hope to be 100% open. They are also saying they "expect" another foot of snow on Saturday.
Sometimes feel like gcanoe's Avatar ( sung to the tune of "Whipping Post", "Sometimes I feel like I'm dying")post #64 of 7012/11/14 at 11:45ampost #65 of 7012/11/14 at 12:15pmQuote:
Sweet! They should have that all groomed down in about 12 hours ago...post #66 of 7012/12/14 at 12:03pmQuote:
Sweet! I'll be at K "on business" all next week.post #67 of 7012/13/14 at 3:50pmpost #68 of 7012/13/14 at 4:02pmSnow is good at Okemo. I'd imagine Kton would have good coverage also. They usually get more snow. You should have a great week. Must have been wetish coming down since it stuck to the trees as much as I've ever seen.post #69 of 7012/13/14 at 5:04pmpost #70 of 7012/14/14 at 10:37amQuote:
Plan on heading up to K early Tues.morning & hope to ski Wed. & Thurs also. One thing might hold me back though, my back's been killing me since skiing last week. It really has me worried about skiing. Sucks getting old.
- Skiing in VT - December 6-7
- Unofficial Guide to STOWE
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 26 seconds ago
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 3 minutes ago
- › Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? 5 minutes ago
- › Advice on building a quiver 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Where to ski to see majestic mountains out West (for intermediate... 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › 2017 CRV with 1.5l turbo? 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › When to grind the base. 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Are 4 Snow Tires Needed on a Front Wheel Drive Car 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer