With a layer of ice between rocks and bases, yes, you can put rock skis away.
Related Forum Threads
- Best North Eastern Skiing over Thanksgiving? Last post on 9/7/14 at 6:21am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Stowe - This Weekend Last post on 3/29/17 at 4:55pm in General Skiing Discussion
- STOWE MOUNTAIN RESORT TO JOIN THE VAIL RESORTS FAMILY Last post on 3/8/17 at 2:59pm in Skiing News
- Can Stowe in Vermont Attract The Skiing Jet Set? Last post on 1/29/17 at 9:34pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Looking to go to Stowe this year, where are the discounted lift tickets??? Last post on 1/24/17 at 11:26am in General Skiing Discussion
A Brief History of Alpine Skiing
Last edited: 2/13/17
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- Unofficial Guide to STOWELast edited: 12/1/16
- Top 5 Fridays - FIS Drone Ban, Discovery News, Crested Butte,...Last edited: 1/8/16
- Great Glades Almighty!Last edited: 5/28/13
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Skiing in VT - December 6-7 - Page 3post #61 of 7012/11/14 at 11:09ampost #62 of 7012/11/14 at 11:35amQuote:
I don't know about other areas, but I see that Stowe opened a bunch of natural-snow terrain based on the bounty this storm provided. I'm bringing rock skis for exploring some natural-snow-only bump runs this weekend.
That said, I have a history of not even scratching my rock skis and immediately hitting something -- hard -- when I take out brand new skis after previously verifying that there are no rocks to hit on my rock skis. So maybe I should change my modus operandi.post #63 of 7012/11/14 at 11:41am
This heyah be New England All skis here be rock skis.
Of course I can't make it up north this weekend. Jay Peak is saying they hope to be 100% open. They are also saying they "expect" another foot of snow on Saturday.
Sometimes feel like gcanoe's Avatar ( sung to the tune of "Whipping Post", "Sometimes I feel like I'm dying")post #64 of 7012/11/14 at 11:45ampost #65 of 7012/11/14 at 12:15pmQuote:
Sweet! They should have that all groomed down in about 12 hours ago...post #66 of 7012/12/14 at 12:03pmQuote:
Sweet! I'll be at K "on business" all next week.post #67 of 7012/13/14 at 3:50pmpost #68 of 7012/13/14 at 4:02pmSnow is good at Okemo. I'd imagine Kton would have good coverage also. They usually get more snow. You should have a great week. Must have been wetish coming down since it stuck to the trees as much as I've ever seen.post #69 of 7012/13/14 at 5:04pmpost #70 of 7012/14/14 at 10:37amQuote:
Plan on heading up to K early Tues.morning & hope to ski Wed. & Thurs also. One thing might hold me back though, my back's been killing me since skiing last week. It really has me worried about skiing. Sucks getting old.
- Skiing in VT - December 6-7
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 3 minutes ago
- › Who is the ultimate thread "killer"? 6 minutes ago
- › Notification chain as a way to let friends and friends of friends... 33 minutes ago
- › Death Bed Confessions 48 minutes ago
- › RIP Epic - Technical Help 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › We Heard You! 7 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › What, no hockey fans? 19 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › FS Nordica Dobermann Spitfire Pro EDT skis, 162cm , NEW 2 days, 6 hours ago
- › Praxis Concept 177cm w/ Salomon STH 13 2 days, 6 hours ago
- › Shutdown Procedures 2 days, 8 hours ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review