With a layer of ice between rocks and bases, yes, you can put rock skis away.
Related Forum Threads
- Best North Eastern Skiing over Thanksgiving? Last post on 9/7/14 at 6:21am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vail or Breck 12/18 - 12/22 Solo Last post on Yesterday at 11:38 am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Input needed: Taos ski trip Dec. 22 - 26th (?) Last post on 11/20/16 at 5:31pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Draw a 600 mile circle around Porland, OR... Last post on 11/5/16 at 10:41am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Pre-Xmas Colorado recs Last post on 11/3/16 at 5:15am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Unofficial Guide to STOWELast edited: 12/1/16
- Top 5 Fridays - FIS Drone Ban, Discovery News, Crested Butte,...Last edited: 1/8/16
- Great Glades Almighty!Last edited: 5/28/13
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Skiing in VT - December 6-7 - Page 3post #61 of 7012/11/14 at 11:09ampost #62 of 7012/11/14 at 11:35amQuote:
I don't know about other areas, but I see that Stowe opened a bunch of natural-snow terrain based on the bounty this storm provided. I'm bringing rock skis for exploring some natural-snow-only bump runs this weekend.
That said, I have a history of not even scratching my rock skis and immediately hitting something -- hard -- when I take out brand new skis after previously verifying that there are no rocks to hit on my rock skis. So maybe I should change my modus operandi.post #63 of 7012/11/14 at 11:41am
This heyah be New England All skis here be rock skis.
Of course I can't make it up north this weekend. Jay Peak is saying they hope to be 100% open. They are also saying they "expect" another foot of snow on Saturday.
Sometimes feel like gcanoe's Avatar ( sung to the tune of "Whipping Post", "Sometimes I feel like I'm dying")post #64 of 7012/11/14 at 11:45ampost #65 of 7012/11/14 at 12:15pmQuote:
Sweet! They should have that all groomed down in about 12 hours ago...post #66 of 7012/12/14 at 12:03pmQuote:
Sweet! I'll be at K "on business" all next week.post #67 of 7012/13/14 at 3:50pmpost #68 of 7012/13/14 at 4:02pmSnow is good at Okemo. I'd imagine Kton would have good coverage also. They usually get more snow. You should have a great week. Must have been wetish coming down since it stuck to the trees as much as I've ever seen.post #69 of 7012/13/14 at 5:04pmpost #70 of 7012/14/14 at 10:37amQuote:
Plan on heading up to K early Tues.morning & hope to ski Wed. & Thurs also. One thing might hold me back though, my back's been killing me since skiing last week. It really has me worried about skiing. Sucks getting old.
- Skiing in VT - December 6-7
- Unofficial Guide to STOWE
- › All mountain skis for my son - expert, 5'9", 132 # 2 seconds ago
- › Boot alignment Poll 9 minutes ago
- › The Narrower Stance? 37 minutes ago
- › $99 Season Pass--Mt. Bohemia 46 minutes ago
- › Crispi XP telemark boots - size 28 47 minutes ago
- › Jackets that fit over the helmet? Multisport too? (Vermont) 53 minutes ago
- › Colorado Dec 16-23.. Time to change plans ?? 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Ski boots for wide feet, Tecnica Ten.2 100HVL 16/17 or something... 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Any feedback on Fischer's The CURV? 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › 2012 Dodge Ski Boots Mondo 28.0 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis