I'm looking for a maneuverable carving/all mountain ski for my son who skis at Whistler:
- Weight: 100 lbs, 5'4" tall, 13 years old
- Did one year of racing last year (had junior slalom and gs race skis)
- Already has a wider set of skis (90cm under foot) for the big days
- Not into the park or jumping
I'm considering a set of Fischer Superior Jr dual event ski in 150cm since he likes the 'race' feel. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a ski which is a little more all mountain (eg: 70-76cm under foot) which still carves well and would work with his weight. Preferably without a pink colour scheme.
- Head Rev 75, 149cm (would this be too stiff?)
- Fischer First Lady 150cm (take a sharpie/sticker to the name)?
While I assume that shorter skis are less stiff, it is very difficult to glean this information from the manufacturers websites.