or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Mountain/Resort Related Forums › Resorts, Conditions & Travel › Breckenridge Vail 3 days each nightlife lines tip
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Breckenridge Vail 3 days each nightlife lines tip

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
We plan on skiing sat-Thursday .

3 days at each . Should we hit breck first or vail ? Ie what's worse lift line wise on the weekend ?

And with vail do taxis run at night from east village for the nightlife ? What about the buses ? Thanks .

Also thinking about a 7th day at Loveland but not sure
post #2 of 6
I would ski Vail or even better, Beav on the weekend.
The bus service is good in Vail.

I think you could ski Loveland up to 3-3 1/2 hours prior to your flight on a Friday.
post #3 of 6

Avoid Breck and Vail on the weekends -- Shred is spot on to recommend the Beav for those times.  Or get a lesson so you can cut the liftlines.

 

I have no experience with nightlife so cannot help you there.  What I would say is get to bed early on the weekend so you can get some good skiing in at lift opening and avoid some of the crowd.

 

Mike

post #4 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHREDHEAD View Post

I would ski Vail or even better, Beav on the weekend.
The bus service is good in Vail.

I think you could ski Loveland up to 3-3 1/2 hours prior to your flight on a Friday.

Does the buses or taxis run at night to goto the bars ? What time do the shuttles and what time do the bars close . We will also have an awd SUV so we can drive anywhere . So like if we stay at vail 3 days and break 3 days we can maybe drive to copper mountain or beaver .

Isn't beaver like 128$ a day lift ticket wise ?

So from vail to Loveland (keystone breck copper etc all the ones in the area), on the weekend just avoid vail and break right ? Everything else should be not as bad.

And what's bad at vail like the worst lift and best lift typically like 30 min line 45 min ? Like gondola is 45 min everything else is 15 min?
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post


Does the buses or taxis run at night to goto the bars ? What time do the shuttles and what time do the bars close . We will also have an awd SUV so we can drive anywhere . So like if we stay at vail 3 days and break 3 days we can maybe drive to copper mountain or beaver .

Isn't beaver like 128$ a day lift ticket wise ?

So from vail to Loveland (keystone breck copper etc all the ones in the area), on the weekend just avoid vail and break right ? Everything else should be not as bad.

And what's bad at vail like the worst lift and best lift typically like 30 min line 45 min ? Like gondola is 45 min everything else is 15 min?


Last year the East Vail bus ran until 2AM.  Not sure how you are getting your pass/lift ticket but a Vail lift ticket is good at Beaver Creek as well.

 

As far as lines on a weekend at Vail, depends on when it last snowed, but crowds will be lower at Beaver Creek which isn't a long drive away from Vail.

post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by meff View Post
 


Last year the East Vail bus ran until 2AM.  Not sure how you are getting your pass/lift ticket but a Vail lift ticket is good at Beaver Creek as well.

 

As far as lines on a weekend at Vail, depends on when it last snowed, but crowds will be lower at Beaver Creek which isn't a long drive away from Vail.

your the man thanks

 

Vail tickets also let you ski at Beaver Creek, Breck, Keystone, and Arapahoe Basin at no extra cost.

 

didnt see that

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Mountain/Resort Related Forums › Resorts, Conditions & Travel › Breckenridge Vail 3 days each nightlife lines tip