I do have a question... I've seen the term on a few different threads on epicski ..... just what is a "bear" ? . "Basically it's a bunch of Bears getting together at the lodge"... I'm having some difficulty putting it in context ...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Northern Vermont Adventure - Your Advice? Last post on 3/2/16 at 8:31pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2015-16 Northeast Region Stoke, Weather, News, Chat Last post on 9/2/16 at 3:56am in General Skiing Discussion
- Skiers of Vermont: Whats the best season pass and why? Last post on 9/24/14 at 10:15am in General Skiing Discussion
- Stowe vs MRG vs Jay peak for strong intermediate/advanced family [driving from DC] Last post on 1/1/15 at 5:29pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- East Coast Suggestions Last post on 11/4/13 at 7:19pm in General Skiing Discussion
Great Glades Almighty!
Last edited: 5/28/13
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: Today
- Unofficial Guide to STOWELast edited: 6/20/16
- Top 5 Fridays - FIS Drone Ban, Discovery News, Crested Butte,...Last edited: 1/8/16
- Mad River Glen - A PictorialLast edited: 8/26/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
2015 New England Gathering -- March 20th to 23rd - Page 2post #31 of 2181/16/15 at 10:44am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 2181/16/15 at 11:33amThread StarterQuote:
I'm not sure which came first, but at one point the nickname of the forums was "Barking Bears" and the logo for the forums included a picture of a bear. Did the logo come from "barking bears" or did "barking bears" come from the logo?
At any rate, members of the forum are called "bears". TGR has maggots, we have bears.post #33 of 2181/16/15 at 6:23pmQuote:
Here's some links... it's was originally Barking Beavers, and was changed for, umm, innuendo reasons to Barking Bears...post #34 of 2181/16/15 at 7:27pm
Hi Kevin, I've been meaning to pop in here to say that as far as I can tell from here all this looks feasible & I hope to attend all days. Hopefully I will see you before that as well - planning some Stowe days & will let you know when they are nailed down.post #35 of 2181/17/15 at 3:44amQuote:Originally Posted by dbostedo
Here's some links... it's was originally Barking Beavers, and was changed for, umm, innuendo reasons to Barking Bears...
uhhhhhhhh the later connotations of todays use is what caused me to wonder...post #36 of 2181/17/15 at 9:11amQuote:
Yep.. pretty much traded one unintended meaning for another... hmm... other options..
Barking Bustards? (That one might be a little close to something else...)
Bears are at least typically associated with mountains and snow I guess...post #37 of 2181/17/15 at 2:38pmpost #38 of 2181/17/15 at 2:54pm
Must we bark, actually? My dog produces an entertaining range of snorts and/or snuffles. He often snores. Here there's an awful lot of braying, too. Maybe we should leave sounds out of it altogether.post #39 of 2181/17/15 at 3:11pmpost #40 of 2181/17/15 at 3:12pmpost #41 of 2181/17/15 at 3:12pmpost #42 of 2181/17/15 at 4:27pmpost #43 of 2181/19/15 at 4:36ampost #44 of 2181/19/15 at 10:36ampost #45 of 2181/19/15 at 3:18pmpost #46 of 2181/19/15 at 3:20pmpost #47 of 2181/22/15 at 8:16am
I have not intentions or desires to interrupt well laid plans, but a schedule adjustment could help many folks save more than a few bucks.
For $5 you can purchase a coupon book that includes 50% off at Stowe on March 20th. That could be anywhere from a $30-49 savings for people buying single or 2-day lift tickets for the meet-up.
I in no way want to throw a monkey wrench into these plans, but I saw the potential savings opportunity, and figured it might be something to pass along to folks. The catch is that you pretty much have to live in VT or northern NH to get to a place where you can by the coupon booklet.post #48 of 2183/6/15 at 9:41ampost #49 of 2183/6/15 at 1:01pm
Right. So is there a place that we meet? Is everyone here going to be at the lift first thing to get first tracks?. How about the ladies? Will we have the pleasure of mixed company to prevent us from becoming too rowdy? I've had enough sausage festivals this year...ahem...post #50 of 2183/6/15 at 2:44pmpost #51 of 2183/6/15 at 3:03pmpost #52 of 2183/6/15 at 3:24pm
I plan on being at MRG on the Fri the 20th to help out with guiding if Kevin F wants that. I'll also guide at the Snowbowl on Sat the 21st as my schedule allows. I should be good for most of the day except for 1-2pm for our lesson program.The Bowls lift spin at 8:30 look for my name tag David on my snow school jacket. The lodge is only about 50 by 80 feet so it shouldn't be too hard to find me if Sat is your 1st day at the Gathering.If temps hold out we will have great conditions. Was skiing cream cheese type snow today at least 4' of base pretty much everywhere.post #53 of 2183/6/15 at 3:38pmpost #54 of 2183/6/15 at 6:53pmThread Starter
Yes, I am currently in Jackson and in the process of getting home. I will post some more details once I'm home regarding meet times and places. Gathering is most definitely still on.post #55 of 2183/8/15 at 3:06pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Snowbowler
I plan on being at MRG on the Fri the 20th to help out with guiding if Kevin F wants that. I'll also guide at the Snowbowl on Sat the 21st as my schedule allows. I should be good for most of the day except for 1-2pm for our lesson program.The Bowls lift spin at 8:30 look for my name tag David on my snow school jacket. The lodge is only about 50 by 80 feet so it shouldn't be too hard to find me if Sat is your 1st day at the Gathering.If temps hold out we will have great conditions. Was skiing cream cheese type snow today at least 4' of base pretty much everywhere.
If you can make it to MRG, that would be great! I have to peer at the map periodically to figure out where I am at that mountain.post #56 of 2183/8/15 at 3:06pmThread Starterpost #57 of 2183/8/15 at 3:23pmpost #58 of 2183/8/15 at 3:31pmThread Starter
I sent snowbowler a PM earlier to work out something. I'll update the first post once we have a plan.post #59 of 2183/8/15 at 3:32pmpost #60 of 2183/9/15 at 12:13pmThread Starter
- 2015 New England Gathering -- March 20th to 23rd
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 15 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 34 minutes ago
- › FS: Jackets, Hats, Gloves, & Mittens 50 minutes ago
- › how to adjust Marker Titanium SC bindings? 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Silver Mountain, Idaho has a new owner 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Where to ski to see majestic mountains out West (for intermediate... 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Quick Bonafide size question? 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer