For my first whole season in Colorado--first season with a pass (Loveland)--I've decided to some personal goals.
Here are my top 16:
1. Ski 30 days. (i.e. 1 / 12th of the year.)
2. Encourage my significant other to become a confident, blue-groomer skier.
3. Attend a FOBP On The Snow class.
4. Earn my turns for 5 days. Or at least semi-earn (shuttling allowed.)
5. Ski 4 days at Winter Park (i.e. use up my 4 pack.)
6. Ski 3 days at Crested Butte.
7. Overnight in the Astro van. At least twice.
8. Spend a night in one of Luvs warming huts. (Prefer Chair 8). Ski by moonlight.
9. Ski Avalanche Bowl to Zoom (at Luv) with grace and confidence after they are bumped up. And not just in hero snow. Without stopping.
10. Take at least 3 semi-private lessons.
11. Land a 180.
12. Land a 360.
13. Drop a 5ft boulder/tree/etc.
14. Buy real ski boots from a bootfitter.
15. Ski (not "negotiate") the following runs at Luv: Marmot, Rock Chutes, Tickler, No 4 Headwall, Wild Child, and Super Bowl.
16. Take one "sick day" when it dumps over a foot.
What's on your list?