I'm not sure if this episode is #4-part 2 or if its episode 5 so we'll just roll with it and see who watches this continuing web series.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandKastletagged by Trekchick, 10/10/14
Related Forum Threads
- Kastle ski demo in Whistler Last post on 9/5/16 at 12:27pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- 2016 Kastle MX88 or 2017 Kastle MX89 ? Last post on 8/29/16 at 5:39pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- FX94 length - Vermont and Utah Last post on 8/23/16 at 3:36pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- New Kastle skis Last post on 9/20/16 at 8:45pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Eastern Mid Fat Comparison Kastle, MX88 and 83, Head Monster 88 and 83. Last post on 4/10/16 at 5:29pm in Ski Gear Discussion
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Must watch - The Faces of Dav - Page 2
I think they mean it's part 2 of "The Explorer" which is the 5th episode over all. Put another way, the title of the 5th episode is "The Explorer Part 2".
Interesting to see the avy part... I've just been reading up on that after encountering some talk of it on this site (never having skied anywhere to worry about it). Neat to see someone taking that into consideration, even though they pushed their luck.
There was a bonus round from Episode #6, with the crazy holidays I missed posting it.
Now, on to Episode #7
From Chris Davenport's Facebook wall
Even though I have focused a lot on my mountaineering lately, that doesn't mean I don't love a good old fashioned pow chase!
Teaser for episode 7 of #FacesOfDav — The Powder Hound — is here! Episode tomorrow with Chris Benchetler and crew at CMH Heli Skiing and Heli Hiking.
Now I want to go to Revelstoke!
Cool... Those were great too... but too short! I liked the ridiculousness of skiing with 6 Go Pros.
Here's the link to the Red Bull page with all the videos : http://www.redbull.com/us/en/snow/video-series/1331683100742/the-faces-of-dav-video-series
Chris Davenport has completed another of the 14er's in his quest.
Here is a post from yesterday's Facebook feed
And a photo from today along with commentary.
From the top of #StewartPeak on Wednesday. We may look stoked, but it was a rough slog.
I'm off to Telluride for the Telluride Film Festival now and then we take off Monday back into the Weminuche for #JaggedPeak which many consider the hardest in the state. We don't even know if it has ever had a ski descent on its flanks. You can't ski from the top as its a spine of rocky spires. So we will see. Stay Tuned...
With all the crazy storms that have been hitting Colorado, I can imagine that climbing is tougher than usual. This is one Bad Ass crew!
Now that is cool: taking Canale Holzer on skis "I just made", what a trip! Kaestle - the ski brand of choice at Aspen-Snowmass, good skis , we used them. This is a really enjoyable series, his kids skiing with him, now that is nice. Only question for Mr. Daveport as he has earned his way (by being this nomadic amazing adventurer) to ski the great terrain on this planet, why aren't his kids skiing with him on such terrain ? His kids are excellent skiers, enjoyed that thoroughly! It was real nice to see him with his kids, and Jesse Davenport is a serious skier herself, and Aspen Ski Patrol. Love the humility too. This series is just too cool for school!
- Must watch - The Faces of Dav
- › Twelve questions to ask when considering purchasing a Custom... 2 minutes ago
- › Vail or Breck 12/18 - 12/22 Solo 4 minutes ago
- › Big Sky Jan 20th Transportation/Lodging Advice 9 minutes ago
- › Any feedback on Fischer's The CURV? 15 minutes ago
- › Interesting stories of skiing no-fall-zones? Do tell. 17 minutes ago
- › The Anatomy of a Ski Turn ... so forth and so on ... 18 minutes ago
- › 2017 Mid-Atlantic Gathering at Timberline, WV - February 24-26, 2017 34 minutes ago
- › PSIA Changes in Western Division. 41 minutes ago
- › Whistler sure...Off to a great opening. 41 minutes ago
- › feet / neutral 52 minutes ago
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection