I'm not sure if this episode is #4-part 2 or if its episode 5 so we'll just roll with it and see who watches this continuing web series.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandKastletagged by Trekchick, 10/10/14
Related Forum Threads
- Looking to puchase Kastles MX74, are they wirth extra cost over MX 70? Last post on 1/26/17 at 1:50pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Kastle ski demo in Whistler Last post on 9/5/16 at 12:27pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- 2016 Kastle MX88 or 2017 Kastle MX89 ? Last post on 8/29/16 at 5:39pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- FX94 length - Vermont and Utah Last post on 8/23/16 at 3:36pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- New Kastle skis Last post on 9/20/16 at 8:45pm in Ski Gear Discussion
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
Must watch - The Faces of Dav - Page 2
I think they mean it's part 2 of "The Explorer" which is the 5th episode over all. Put another way, the title of the 5th episode is "The Explorer Part 2".
Interesting to see the avy part... I've just been reading up on that after encountering some talk of it on this site (never having skied anywhere to worry about it). Neat to see someone taking that into consideration, even though they pushed their luck.
There was a bonus round from Episode #6, with the crazy holidays I missed posting it.
Now, on to Episode #7
From Chris Davenport's Facebook wall
Even though I have focused a lot on my mountaineering lately, that doesn't mean I don't love a good old fashioned pow chase!
Teaser for episode 7 of #FacesOfDav — The Powder Hound — is here! Episode tomorrow with Chris Benchetler and crew at CMH Heli Skiing and Heli Hiking.
Now I want to go to Revelstoke!
Cool... Those were great too... but too short! I liked the ridiculousness of skiing with 6 Go Pros.
Here's the link to the Red Bull page with all the videos : http://www.redbull.com/us/en/snow/video-series/1331683100742/the-faces-of-dav-video-series
Chris Davenport has completed another of the 14er's in his quest.
Here is a post from yesterday's Facebook feed
And a photo from today along with commentary.
From the top of #StewartPeak on Wednesday. We may look stoked, but it was a rough slog.
I'm off to Telluride for the Telluride Film Festival now and then we take off Monday back into the Weminuche for #JaggedPeak which many consider the hardest in the state. We don't even know if it has ever had a ski descent on its flanks. You can't ski from the top as its a spine of rocky spires. So we will see. Stay Tuned...
With all the crazy storms that have been hitting Colorado, I can imagine that climbing is tougher than usual. This is one Bad Ass crew!
Now that is cool: taking Canale Holzer on skis "I just made", what a trip! Kaestle - the ski brand of choice at Aspen-Snowmass, good skis , we used them. This is a really enjoyable series, his kids skiing with him, now that is nice. Only question for Mr. Daveport as he has earned his way (by being this nomadic amazing adventurer) to ski the great terrain on this planet, why aren't his kids skiing with him on such terrain ? His kids are excellent skiers, enjoyed that thoroughly! It was real nice to see him with his kids, and Jesse Davenport is a serious skier herself, and Aspen Ski Patrol. Love the humility too. This series is just too cool for school!
- Must watch - The Faces of Dav
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 17 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 31 minutes ago
- › Taos Ski Valley 2016-2017 Ski, Stoke, Weather 37 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 38 minutes ago
- › Side/base angles: please explain, thanks 44 minutes ago
- › Why don't more people carve? (started in "Ski Softly" thread) 59 minutes ago
- › Ski carving how to improve 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Bump turn on flats 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Sitting in the backseat 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › Manning Park Resort by davidykay
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!