Hello everyone. Brand new to the boards. Coming out with three other families this December. Was looking for some general suggestions on how far in advance to purchase DV lift tix? Restaurant reservations, when & if necessary? Restaurant & pubs recommendations also. Thanks in advance
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a western sub with great conditions right now [intermediate father w/ 7yo] Last post on 12/16/15 at 10:08am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2015-16 Utah weather, news, conditions discussion Last post on 8/8/16 at 6:34pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Tips for Planning Family Ski Trips from flatlands (Midwest, SE, Mid-Atlantic, NJ/NYC/CT/RI, Ontario) Last post on 9/22/16 at 12:16pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Where to go for Christmas? Last post on 7/16/10 at 3:35pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Newbie needs advice for good all-inclusive resort with fun green/easier blue terrain slopes [late... Last post on 10/15/16 at 8:19pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Money And Time Saving Tips For Parents Of Young Skiers
Last edited: 4/20/11
- How To Plan A Family Ski VacationLast edited: 9/7/14
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- How To Plan A Family Ski Vacation
Park City for the holidays
I have made the trip from the east coast to Utah 3 times for ski vacations. We tend to have a home base at the Canyons then drive to other ski resorts. Are you going to ski just DV? If so some of the ski stores in Utah have discounted lift tickets (i.e. Canyon Sports). I did learn the hard way on year 1 when on my last day I had tickets for DV and it snowed 8 inches at the Canyons and it was frozen rain at Deer Valley. After that I stopped buying all my lift tickets ahead of time and just followed the storms with tbd days of skiing. It is amazing how different conditions can be between ski areas in Utah.
Some of my family favorite places to eat are:
High West Distillery
Burgers and Bourbon
I couldn’t tell you about reservations, we pretty much wing it depending on how we feel after skiing. Hope this helps.
We are also considering snowmobiling, bobsledding & or sleigh rides.
Thanks for the restaurant suggestions. They look great.
Trying to figure out New Years Eve as well.
- Park City for the holidays
- › Montage Mountain, PA — 2016 JAN 25 — GreyPilgrim 5 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 6 minutes ago
- › Steelers Baby! 9 minutes ago
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 17 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 24 minutes ago
- › Christmas cancelled, trip moved to mid-Feb. Suggestions please? 25 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Northern Michigan Ski Weather Forcast 32 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 49 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 51 minutes ago
- › Where to ski to see majestic mountains out West (for intermediate... 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer