Hello everyone. Brand new to the boards. Coming out with three other families this December. Was looking for some general suggestions on how far in advance to purchase DV lift tix? Restaurant reservations, when & if necessary? Restaurant & pubs recommendations also. Thanks in advance
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a western sub with great conditions right now [intermediate father w/ 7yo] Last post on 12/16/15 at 10:08am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2015-16 Utah weather, news, conditions discussion Last post on 8/8/16 at 6:34pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Tips for Planning Family Ski Trips from flatlands (Midwest, SE, Mid-Atlantic, NJ/NYC/CT/RI, Ontario) Last post on 3/23/17 at 6:35am in Family Skiing Discussions
- Where to go for Christmas? Last post on 7/16/10 at 3:35pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Looking for lodging at Snowmass for Christmas 2017 Last post on 3/11/17 at 1:07pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Money And Time Saving Tips For Parents Of Young Skiers
Last edited: 4/20/11
- How To Plan A Family Ski VacationLast edited: 9/7/14
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
- How To Plan A Family Ski Vacation
Park City for the holidays
I have made the trip from the east coast to Utah 3 times for ski vacations. We tend to have a home base at the Canyons then drive to other ski resorts. Are you going to ski just DV? If so some of the ski stores in Utah have discounted lift tickets (i.e. Canyon Sports). I did learn the hard way on year 1 when on my last day I had tickets for DV and it snowed 8 inches at the Canyons and it was frozen rain at Deer Valley. After that I stopped buying all my lift tickets ahead of time and just followed the storms with tbd days of skiing. It is amazing how different conditions can be between ski areas in Utah.
Some of my family favorite places to eat are:
High West Distillery
Burgers and Bourbon
I couldn’t tell you about reservations, we pretty much wing it depending on how we feel after skiing. Hope this helps.
We are also considering snowmobiling, bobsledding & or sleigh rides.
Thanks for the restaurant suggestions. They look great.
Trying to figure out New Years Eve as well.
- Park City for the holidays
- › NYC End of Season Social Gathering 35 seconds ago
- › I bought new skis and they feel soooo heavy! 4 minutes ago
- › Skier dies in accident at Hunter Mountain 8 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 9 minutes ago
- › Early 2018 Gathering Thread 11 minutes ago
- › How do I screw bindings on Stockli speedplates? 20 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 22 minutes ago
- › lessons around Tahoe... 26 minutes ago
- › Good enough goggles for less than $100???? 31 minutes ago
- › Waxing tips and removing rust from leaving in roof box too wet? 34 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview