Hello everyone. Brand new to the boards. Coming out with three other families this December. Was looking for some general suggestions on how far in advance to purchase DV lift tix? Restaurant reservations, when & if necessary? Restaurant & pubs recommendations also. Thanks in advance
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a western sub with great conditions right now [intermediate father w/ 7yo] Last post on 12/16/15 at 10:08am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2015-16 Utah weather, news, conditions discussion Last post on 8/8/16 at 6:34pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Tips for Planning Family Ski Trips from flatlands (Midwest, SE, Mid-Atlantic, NJ/NYC/CT/RI, Ontario) Last post on 4/1/17 at 4:42pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Where to go for Christmas? Last post on 7/16/10 at 3:35pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Best current location for carless one month ski trip? [mid-Dec 2017 to mid-Jan 2018, 2 adults... Last post on 4/10/17 at 12:34am in General Skiing Discussion
Money And Time Saving Tips For Parents Of Young Skiers
Last edited: 4/20/11
- How To Plan A Family Ski VacationLast edited: 9/7/14
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
- How To Plan A Family Ski Vacation
Park City for the holidays
I have made the trip from the east coast to Utah 3 times for ski vacations. We tend to have a home base at the Canyons then drive to other ski resorts. Are you going to ski just DV? If so some of the ski stores in Utah have discounted lift tickets (i.e. Canyon Sports). I did learn the hard way on year 1 when on my last day I had tickets for DV and it snowed 8 inches at the Canyons and it was frozen rain at Deer Valley. After that I stopped buying all my lift tickets ahead of time and just followed the storms with tbd days of skiing. It is amazing how different conditions can be between ski areas in Utah.
Some of my family favorite places to eat are:
High West Distillery
Burgers and Bourbon
I couldn’t tell you about reservations, we pretty much wing it depending on how we feel after skiing. Hope this helps.
We are also considering snowmobiling, bobsledding & or sleigh rides.
Thanks for the restaurant suggestions. They look great.
Trying to figure out New Years Eve as well.
- Park City for the holidays
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 9 minutes ago
- › We Heard You! 15 minutes ago
- › Who is the ultimate thread "killer"? 41 minutes ago
- › RIP Epic - Technical Help 48 minutes ago
- › Death Bed Confessions 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › What, no hockey fans? 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › FS Nordica Dobermann Spitfire Pro EDT skis, 162cm , NEW 19 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Praxis Concept 177cm w/ Salomon STH 13 19 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Shutdown Procedures 21 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › My final thank you, good by and farewell VIDEO @ EpicSki - please... 1 day ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review