Hello everyone. Brand new to the boards. Coming out with three other families this December. Was looking for some general suggestions on how far in advance to purchase DV lift tix? Restaurant reservations, when & if necessary? Restaurant & pubs recommendations also. Thanks in advance
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a western sub with great conditions right now [intermediate father w/ 7yo] Last post on 12/16/15 at 10:08am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2015-16 Utah weather, news, conditions discussion Last post on 8/8/16 at 6:34pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Tips for Planning Family Ski Trips from flatlands (Midwest, SE, Mid-Atlantic, NJ/NYC/CT/RI, Ontario) Last post on 9/22/16 at 12:16pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Where to go for Christmas? Last post on 7/16/10 at 3:35pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Breck for New Years Last post on 12/3/16 at 11:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Money And Time Saving Tips For Parents Of Young Skiers
Last edited: 4/20/11
- How To Plan A Family Ski VacationLast edited: 9/7/14
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
- How To Plan A Family Ski Vacation
Park City for the holidays
I have made the trip from the east coast to Utah 3 times for ski vacations. We tend to have a home base at the Canyons then drive to other ski resorts. Are you going to ski just DV? If so some of the ski stores in Utah have discounted lift tickets (i.e. Canyon Sports). I did learn the hard way on year 1 when on my last day I had tickets for DV and it snowed 8 inches at the Canyons and it was frozen rain at Deer Valley. After that I stopped buying all my lift tickets ahead of time and just followed the storms with tbd days of skiing. It is amazing how different conditions can be between ski areas in Utah.
Some of my family favorite places to eat are:
High West Distillery
Burgers and Bourbon
I couldn’t tell you about reservations, we pretty much wing it depending on how we feel after skiing. Hope this helps.
We are also considering snowmobiling, bobsledding & or sleigh rides.
Thanks for the restaurant suggestions. They look great.
Trying to figure out New Years Eve as well.
- Park City for the holidays
- › Is it time to hang it up when you ski faster then you drive 1 minute ago
- › Does Anyone Still Make Step-In Bindings? 2 minutes ago
- › Black Toe from Boots 4 minutes ago
- › More Retro memories???? 4 minutes ago
- › Best weather site? 4 minutes ago
- › The Narrower Stance? 6 minutes ago
- › Ski Repair/Tune Advice 9 minutes ago
- › Looking for a good 105-115 freeride ski, comparing options: Fischer... 12 minutes ago
- › Hot Gear Bag? 16 minutes ago
- › Looking for new all Mountain ski 16 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis