I'm a relatively new skier and have a question about the next couple weeks in tahoe. If we don't get any snow would it still be worth driving up for a 1 or 2 day trip between now and the next snow or should I just wait? We skied on saturday in squaw and the conditions while not ideal were still acceptable given the amount of snowfall. Will things deteriorate that much in 1-2 weeks?
I've got the bug pretty bad and don't want to wait 3 weeks:)
Yes, especially for a new skier, go for it. In fact, my guess is the skiing this week and next will be better than it was over the holidays (with spring time conditions), not to mention the crowds and long lines will be gone. I've been holding out and may head up later this week myself. I don't mind waiting in lines when there's fresh snow, but waiting in line for icy groomers is something I won't do.
On the tourism over the holidays note, I think the reason Tahoe had a good couple of weeks despite the lack of snow at lower elevations is because it rained so damn much in the bay area that people who aren't weather obsessed like us just figured it would be good enough to go.