But a good build day on the bike track!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlpine Meadowstagged by Trekchick, 1/9/15
- itemHeavenlytagged by Trekchick, 1/9/15
- itemKirkwood Mountain Resorttagged by Trekchick, 1/9/15
- itemMt. Rose - Ski Tahoetagged by Trekchick, 1/9/15
- itemNorthstar-at-Tahoetagged by Trekchick, 1/9/15
- brandSquaw Valleytagged by Trekchick, 1/9/15
- itemSquaw Valley USAtagged by Trekchick, 1/9/15
- topicTahoe Traveltagged by marznc, 9/26/14
Related Forum Threads
- Schedule & meet points for the week of The Gathering Last post on 3/5/12 at 10:42am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Tahoe Gathering Guides & Demo Days: Last post on 3/2/12 at 5:42am in 2012 EpicSki Gathering - Tahoe
- Spending Christmas in Sacramento Last post on 10/23/13 at 12:38pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Outside Magazine’s 2012 Ski Resort Rankings Last post on 11/7/12 at 7:44am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2012 / 13 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Thread Last post on 9/9/13 at 5:07pm in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Squaw Valley Unofficial GuideLast edited: 7/17/15
- An Unvarnished Guide to Dining at SquawLast edited: 1/16/13
- Northstar California Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/16/13
- Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows - A PictorialLast edited: 9/21/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
2014 / 15 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke - Page 9post #241 of 253911/22/14 at 12:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #242 of 253911/22/14 at 12:45pm
Can't find snow LOL. I went to UT twice last January. Hope we don't have that again.
I'm prepared. My SquawPine pass gets 1/2 price at AltaBird or MMSA this year
btw, Nice Photoshop job ! This book appears to not exist. Not on Amazon or elsewhere. ROTFLMAO.post #243 of 253911/22/14 at 1:25pmpost #244 of 253911/22/14 at 2:13pmQuote:
GOOGLE "for dummies cover generator" and you can find sites to make your own. I only PSed the EPICSKI line. You can still send me money.post #245 of 253911/22/14 at 3:10pmpost #246 of 253911/22/14 at 4:50pmpost #247 of 253911/23/14 at 6:52am
Where is that surf report for?
By Friday, the next low approaches the California coast but it is showing signs of pinching off, resulting in the ridge amplifying a bit over the Great Basin. Highs should remain above normal over most of the region, except thicker clouds spreading across northeast California-northwest Nevada could keep those areas a few degrees colder. For next weekend, the latest medium range guidance keeps the main low off the California coast, but breaks off a shortwave which moves inland across northern California with increasing Pacific moisture. This could lead to some rain and high elevation snow by Saturday for the Sierra mainly from Tahoe northward to northeast CA, with lighter rain possible across parts of western Nevada. A major precipitation event is not expected from this weather system, and snow levels are likely to remain rather high since the core of the low stays offshore. Mjd
Quote:post #248 of 253911/24/14 at 9:54amThread Starterpost #249 of 253911/24/14 at 11:08ampost #250 of 253911/24/14 at 11:09ampost #251 of 253911/24/14 at 1:09pmpost #252 of 253911/24/14 at 4:00pmpost #253 of 253911/24/14 at 6:28pm
Just in from SugarBowl. Nov 26 opening date CANCELLED- now TBD. (no surprise here)
Need this:post #254 of 253911/25/14 at 10:05am
From BA's update today .. (bolded emphasis mine)
High pressure is sitting along the West Coast bringing dry conditions. Temperatures will warm to near 60 degrees for Wednesday and Thursday. By Friday a system will begin to push into the West Coast bringing light amounts of precip into the area through Sunday. We could see a few inches of snow on the mountains. Sunday night into Tuesday a strong storm pushes through with heavy snowfall for all elevations. We could see a foot or more at lake level and a couple of feet or more on the mountains. It's still early so the forecast could vary as we get closer.
If this does happen you can thank me for springing for a set of skinny carvers just last week.post #255 of 253911/25/14 at 12:09pm
Well 2014/2015 is yet another recent season where November has been useless. How I recall many fine days November skiing as a young man. Week and a half ago there was minor hope would be skiing last weekend and now it is also not going to happen over the Turkey holiday weekend.
But given the forecast storm at least looking good for a usable base by December 6 for the start of this person's season. Between then and Christmas/New Years are 2 weekends where it would be nice to have gotten enough days in so I can actually enjoy the holiday's skiing strongly with decent form.post #256 of 253911/25/14 at 4:13pmWent to Heavenly today. Only one run open and it was more crowded than Northstar.
I d say that Northstar is best for now. Longer run than Heavenly or Rose. Two lifts running instead of one a well. Not sure who will open more terrain soon, but that would help.post #257 of 253911/25/14 at 5:25pmpost #258 of 253911/25/14 at 8:15pm
It got to 75 in Santa Cruz this afternoon, but it was pretty dark in the deep forest and stayed cool in some of the creek bottoms where I mountain biked. My ride was 9 miles on the road and about 13 on dirt. The big downhill dropped about 1500 feet and ended with three creek crossings. After riding I stood in about a 10 minute line at Pleasure Pizza as it was $1 slice Tuesday.
First picture is view from Sand Point Overlook in Forest of Nisene Marks.
Second picture is surfers at Opal Cliffs near Pleasure Point. Waves were not very big.post #259 of 253911/26/14 at 7:01am
Just got e-mail that Squaw is opening today with green run on Gold Coast and two other green runs, Pioneer and Start Me Up in the SnoVentures area. Funitel seems like it's only running for access. Unless they can't stay open, it can only get better.post #260 of 253911/26/14 at 7:33am
Skied Northstar yesterday and am going back today. The WROD is pretty limited but they've done a good job of making and maintaining good snow - its something to get the ski legs back under me.post #261 of 253911/26/14 at 12:00pm
OnTheSnow.com says this.post #262 of 253911/26/14 at 2:09pm
It better cool down before all the precipitation as my friend just reported 66 degrees at his house near Truckee.
OpenSnow is predicting 5-12" total for Sat/Sun at most favored ski area and 4-10" at Heavenly and Northstar.post #263 of 253911/26/14 at 3:16pmQuote:
When we left Northstar at around 11:30 today it was 39°. It definitely felt warmer out in direct sunlight but.......there you go.post #264 of 253911/26/14 at 4:24pmpost #265 of 253911/26/14 at 5:09pmpost #266 of 253911/26/14 at 7:02pmpost #267 of 253911/26/14 at 7:19pmpost #268 of 253911/27/14 at 5:33am
From Doc Howard in Mammoth: "Big Picture…….What is happening is that another short wave coming down over the North Pacific Ridge which is over the Alaskan Aleutians Islands on Saturday, will dive into the long wave trof, position well off shore, both energizing it and causing it to retrograde west. This will slow the forward motion of the system by actually causing it to wobble west first before it progresses east early next week. This is a major storm…..make no mistake about it. It has the capacity to dump a good 2 to 3 feet or more, over Mammoth Mountain by Wednesday AM. - See more at: http://mammothweather.com/#sthash.GqwYkN3S.dpuf"
Prayin for snow...have a great Turkey day Tahoe area Bears.post #269 of 253911/27/14 at 8:33am
Heavenly opening Orion run on Dipper chair today if winds don't prevent operation of gondola and Tamarack.
Tomorrow Northstar is opening West Ridge and Luigi's from Comstock chair which goes to top of mountain.
I'm blacked out tomorrow and Saturday, but could be up Sunday or Monday if enough snow falls. I did try to upgrade my Tahoe Value Pass to Tahoe Local Pass last weekend on the last possible day to add most Saturdays at Kirkwood and Northstar. I mostly wanted it so I could go to Kirkwood with son and friends with Local Pass on the way up on Saturdays and for late Spring when Kirkwood may be only Vail Tahoe resort open and down to weekends. But as I suspected I would lose the two CO/UT days they gave me for early renewal and I already have plans for at least one of them.
This thread is locked
- 2014 / 15 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Squaw Valley Unofficial Guide
- › Achilles tear no surgery 5 minutes ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 30 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 41 minutes ago
- › Brand New Skis - Do they need wax? 45 minutes ago
- › Beginner boots rent vs buying + ski/walk mode 48 minutes ago
- › Ruin and Rose (new ski movie from Matchstick Productions) 50 minutes ago
- › Bode News 51 minutes ago
- › Head Strong Instinct V. Rossi E 84 v Head Supershape Rally for NW... 51 minutes ago
- › I'm Ready For SNOW! 51 minutes ago
- › Basic entry level poles? 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer