- 206 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Location: Reno, NV
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlpine Meadowstagged by Trekchick, 1/9/15
- itemHeavenlytagged by Trekchick, 1/9/15
- itemKirkwood Mountain Resorttagged by Trekchick, 1/9/15
- itemMt. Rose - Ski Tahoetagged by Trekchick, 1/9/15
- itemNorthstar-at-Tahoetagged by Trekchick, 1/9/15
- brandSquaw Valleytagged by Trekchick, 1/9/15
- itemSquaw Valley USAtagged by Trekchick, 1/9/15
- topicTahoe Traveltagged by marznc, 9/26/14
Related Forum Threads
- Schedule & meet points for the week of The Gathering Last post on 3/5/12 at 10:42am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Tahoe Gathering Guides & Demo Days: Last post on 3/2/12 at 5:42am in 2012 EpicSki Gathering - Tahoe
- Spending Christmas in Sacramento Last post on 10/23/13 at 12:38pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Outside Magazine’s 2012 Ski Resort Rankings Last post on 11/7/12 at 7:44am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2012 / 13 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Thread Last post on 9/9/13 at 5:07pm in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Squaw Valley Unofficial GuideLast edited: 7/17/15
- An Unvarnished Guide to Dining at SquawLast edited: 1/16/13
- Northstar California Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/16/13
- Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows - A PictorialLast edited: 9/21/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
2014 / 15 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke - Page 43post #1261 of 25392/6/15 at 10:59pmLooking at Northstar's camera, they have 12 incheS. Looks like the north Shore is getting the good stuff.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1262 of 25392/6/15 at 11:58pmpost #1263 of 25392/7/15 at 1:00ampost #1264 of 25392/7/15 at 1:05amQuote:
Per Mammoth Snowman: "A high wind warning continues with 5 fires in Mono County tonight. If your coming south on 395 it’s is closed just north of Bridgeport due to a fire. There is a fire in the Paradise area just north of Bishop but from all the reports and calls we have made 395 north is still open".post #1265 of 25392/7/15 at 6:04amQuote:Originally Posted by liv2 ski
Per Mammoth Snowman: "A high wind warning continues with 5 fires in Mono County tonight. If your coming south on 395 it’s is closed just north of Bridgeport due to a fire. There is a fire in the Paradise area just north of Bishop but from all the reports and calls we have made 395 north is still open".
We will be heading down there Tuesday, Mammoth should be pretty accessible by then.post #1266 of 25392/7/15 at 7:00am
Looks like some good sierra cement. Sorry temps didn't hold down to lake level. But most resorts looking like they got all snow. Not a ton of it. But they look better than they did thursday! Bring on the next.post #1267 of 25392/7/15 at 7:00am
For a Squaw season passholder, is it worth to pay for Mt Rose today? They claim 2 feet instead of 15 inches that Squaw is reporting. Also, squaw webcams still shows plenty of non white spots on the top of the tram. I have never been to Rose, and the chutes are close.post #1268 of 25392/7/15 at 7:01ampost #1269 of 25392/7/15 at 7:17amQuote:
It's windy at Rose right now. I'm heading up, but it's not far for me and I have a pass there. Possible wind holds on the two summit lifts. Rose should be great though.post #1270 of 25392/7/15 at 7:33amQuote:probably not... if the express chairs are on wind hold (likely) it will be really windy
terrain is gonna be limited... better off at alpine or even sugarbowl...post #1271 of 25392/7/15 at 7:44am
Anyone got some quality beta on the snow from last night? rain at lake level in slt, but heavenly is reporting 8". since its saturday im blacked out everywhere else, so...Ill be on my way up in desperate need of snooooooooow.
Ive been told squaw is reporting 11-15, sierra is at 11, and mt rose is up at 15-24 or something (i cant remember)post #1272 of 25392/7/15 at 8:01ampost #1273 of 25392/7/15 at 8:04ampost #1274 of 25392/7/15 at 8:05ampost #1275 of 25392/7/15 at 8:10am
Kirkwood (base 7800) reporting 9 inches now at 7am with air temp 42F and light showers. Watched their 24 hr snow plate video and it never climbed above about 5 inches. Of course blowing around a lot. More reliable is the nearby Caples Lake remote CDEC site at 8000 feet. They showed 2.15 inches of precip for the storm with 1.17" falling earlier while temps were 30F to 32F then 0.98 after midnight with temps in slush range of 33F to 36F. Thus would expect ridge areas of KW maybe 15 inches which ought to provide a fine base for tomorrow's storm IF snow levels are as expected.
Storm moved further south than predicted where precip in the south central region of the state has been most droughty. That includes the southern Sierra which really needed it. With next weekend looking fair and sunny expect to extract some fun out of my still underwater season pass haha. Well off this morning during the lull to hike in soggy Big Basin redwoods and aim my A6000 at some fetid adders-tongue.
davepost #1276 of 25392/7/15 at 8:37ampost #1277 of 25392/7/15 at 8:37ampost #1278 of 25392/7/15 at 8:41ampost #1279 of 25392/7/15 at 8:49ampost #1280 of 25392/7/15 at 8:54amFirst run down Stagecoach return. Heavy, ice snow. Thick crust. Inexperienced people falling a lot. I wish the snowboarders would break it up better now. If you hit the skied stuff it's manageable but still heavy, wet snow. Bring a heavy, stiff ski and you ll be better off busting through this mess.
Snow on top of Stagecoach is softer but still noticeably wet. Lower section is a sheet of hardened icepost #1281 of 25392/7/15 at 9:10ampost #1282 of 25392/7/15 at 9:11amThread Starterpost #1283 of 25392/7/15 at 9:40amQuote:
15" up top at Squaw last night. Another 5-9" Sunday night and 3-5" Monday. I'm thinking Tuesday!post #1284 of 25392/7/15 at 9:46ampost #1285 of 25392/7/15 at 11:10am
Saw this in BA's comments, animation of Northstar going from snow to rain over night last night: http://www.wasatchsnowforecast.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/northstar.gifpost #1286 of 25392/7/15 at 11:50ampost #1287 of 25392/7/15 at 12:58pmpost #1288 of 25392/7/15 at 1:06pmpost #1289 of 25392/7/15 at 1:30pm
This thread is locked
- 2014 / 15 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Squaw Valley Unofficial Guide
- › Demo bindings 5 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 13 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 13 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 22 minutes ago
- › Christmas cancelled, trip moved to mid-Feb. Suggestions please? 26 minutes ago
- › Big Sky 2016-2017 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Ski size question 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › All mountain twin tip plus park ski? 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer