or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aspen Snowmass petition

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

Not sure if I'm breaking any rules here, but I started a petition to have Aspen Snowmass restructure their season passes and 4 pack sales to include the military.

 

I don't think this is asking a lot from them, and would greatly appreciate it if anyone who agrees would sign this and share it with their friends as well.

 

Thank you.

 

https://www.change.org/p/aspen-snowmass-military-discounts-for-season-passes-and-4-packs

post #2 of 9

I did my time.  Now out for good behavior. 

 

Aspen and Discount are two words you rarely see in the same sentence.

post #3 of 9
I notice that our local military discount only applies to day tickets, 50%. I don't think it applies to passes or other discounted items.
post #4 of 9
Is there a discount if you have a prison id card?
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibhusky View Post

I notice that our local military discount only applies to day tickets, 50%. I don't think it applies to passes or other discounted items.

That's a pretty good discount. 

 

Aspen does offer a military "discount" on day tickets, to knock the price down to $93, not including $5 for an RFID card if you don't have one.

 

What annoys me though is that they have a college discount on both the season pass and 4 packs, IF you're under 24. Most military service member are right at that age or above it when they start using their G.I Bill

post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider View Post

Is there a discount if you have a prison id card?

Wouldn't you have to return that when you're let out?? :dunno

post #7 of 9
I don't think there is an age limit on our college discount, just a credit requirement, 12.

post #8 of 9

Seems reasonable. I signed.

 

Obviously the age limit on the college pass is to keep people from signing up for 1 class a year to get the discount in perpetuity. With the cost of an Aspen Season pass, it makes financial sense.

 

Thus showing that one of the few things more expensive than college education is skiing for a season in Aspen (with no access to a chamber pass).

post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronism View Post
 

Seems reasonable. I signed.

 

Obviously the age limit on the college pass is to keep people from signing up for 1 class a year to get the discount in perpetuity. With the cost of an Aspen Season pass, it makes financial sense.

 

Thus showing that one of the few things more expensive than college education is skiing for a season in Aspen (with no access to a chamber pass).

Thanks for your signature :)

 

What I have seen a lot of resorts do is require a signed letter from the registrars office stating they are earning at least 12 credits that semester, to prevent what you just mentioned. I've seen some resorts require as few as 6 too.

 

 

To all thank have signed, thank you. Even if you haven't signed, if you were willing to share or tweet with your friends, I thank you for that as well. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion