Time to restart the New England Gathering discussion. Last year we held it Maine, so this year I figured we'd move back to Northern Vermont.
We've traditionally held the New England Gathering in mid-March to let the snowpack build and to let it warm up a bit and to let the crowds die down. The Jackson Gathering ends on March 6th, so I made the first option two weeks after that to give everybody a chance to get home, put some face time in at work, and answer a few emails before going off on another ski trip.
All of the suggested dates are Friday through Monday.
Past gathering locations:
- 2012: Mad River Glen, Stowe
- 2013: Mad River Glen, Sugarbush, Stowe
- 2014: Saddleback and Sugarloaf
Suggested locations for 2015:
- Two days at Jay Peak, two days at Stowe
- A day at Mad River, a day at Sugarbush, two days at Stowe
- Others? Middlebury Snow Bowl is close-ish, Smugglers Notch is nearby as well. I'm biased towards Stowe because I have my season pass there and because Epic Ski has a lot of Stowe knowledge for "not on the trail map" skiing.
Cast your favorite date(s) in the poll, post any thoughts you have on location.