Im looking at buying a supplemental pass to go with our RMSP+. Im looking at either a Loveland or Abasin pass. Ive yet to ski Abasin but its reputation proceeds it and we hit Loveland 4-5 times last year. I really like the ridge cat and the skiing on the north side of the highway. Im more of an open bowl/steeps type of skier but need options for the family as well. my wife is a blue groomer cruiser and my young son (7) is a single black/bumps boarder....let em rip. Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Winter Park or Loveland Week Before Christmas? Last post on 8/30/16 at 8:03pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Banff or A-basin in Late April/Early May!! Last post on 5/3/16 at 3:11pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Skiing near Denver Last post on 2/28/16 at 5:17pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Good terrain with affordable lift ticket list Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:43pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Daddy-Daughter Ski Trip Last post on 9/4/15 at 9:57pm in General Skiing Discussion
Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the April
Last edited: 6/1/13
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsLast edited: 5/28/13
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A PictorialLast edited: 1/5/16
- Top 5 Fridays - Resort Updates, Skiing in Colorado, Drone Avalanche...Last edited: 10/30/15
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
supplemental pass [Colorado family]post #1 of 88/27/14 at 9:00amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 88/27/14 at 3:05pm
I find Loveland is more friendly to intermediates / cruising, and also tends to have more "wide open" terrain.
A-basin has gnarlier trees, steeps, and bumps, with more limited blue cruising options.
Loveland and A-Basin open at near the same time, but A-basin stays open later than Loveland.
Loveland is also closer to Denver, and (I think) less affected by pass/tunnel closings.post #3 of 88/27/14 at 3:15pm
I usually get a A-basin 4 pack to go with my RMSP to carry me into May. This year I'm going to hold out and buy a 2014-2015 A-basin season pass when they go on sale in late March or early April. That will allow me to ski the rest of this year and all of next year for about the cost of two four packs.
I'll probably also get an Aspen Classic 4 pack as I usually do, but with the Crested Butte days on the RMSP+ I'm tempted to head down there instead. Not sure if I can pull off both Aspen and CB this year with family constraints.
The best labor day non-Vail pass deals:post #4 of 88/27/14 at 5:29pmI bought an A-Basin pass this Spring, used it 5 or 6 times, and it's good for the entire 14/15 season. That is a no brainer in terms of cost.
Both are great. A-Basin is, IMO, a more perfect union to the RMSP+. You don't really want to miss a month or more of Spring skiing for more money, do you?
Loveland has the cheaper day rates, you need a lot more days to justify the pass price there.
Edited by NayBreak - 8/27/14 at 5:57pmpost #5 of 88/27/14 at 6:44pmThread Starter
i think im going to go with the Loveland pass card to get us through, then in the spring pick up the Abasin pass. It carries discounted tickets for the family and first day free along with every fifth after that being free. not a bad deal as we will probably see it 4-5 times in the early season then a few more for variety during the year. Then come spring time ill pick up an Abasin pass to finish out the spring and jump start next year.post #6 of 88/27/14 at 6:56pm
That's definitely a tough call, Loveland has some nice blues but not too many steeps, and A-Basin has some nice steeps but not a lot of blues. I think you made the right choice with Loveland though, they don't have as many steeps, but the stuff off of lift one is pretty good, not to mention it's even less crowded than A-Basin.post #7 of 88/27/14 at 7:56pmThread Starter
i dont really care about the blue cruising but if momma aint happy no ones happy. the good thing about her though is she could ski the same run all day as long as the scenery is nice and shes having a good day...its all good.
- supplemental pass [Colorado family]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- In Praise of the Anti-Resorts
- › Basic entry level poles? 13 minutes ago
- › Achilles tear no surgery 23 minutes ago
- › What's your ski trip rig? Lets see some pictures! 25 minutes ago
- › GogglePal - anyone test this universal HUD yet? 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 3 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › 2015 Fischer Motive 95 180cm quick review 3 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Atomic Redster Ski Boot Club 4 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 5 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Colorado Winter Driving...is AWD enough? 5 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer