Hey all! It's a distinct possibility I may end up in Colorado for work in the somewhat near future. If a pending opportunity doesn't work out, I'm pretty confident I may end up out there later anyway. With that being said, I would be working in Greeley.
I've been told that Greeley is not a super desirable place to live, but as I've never been there, I'm none the wiser. I would be looking to buy a house--not rent. Price range is probably up to $200k-ish.
I'm curious what areas y'all would recommend, given the following wishes:
1. Need reasonable commute to Greeley (45 min-ish max).
2. Good route toward I-70 for weekend skiing trips.
3. Easy and preferably quick-ish (30-ish minutes) to downtown Denver, where I have some friends.
4. An area where home values are not likely to stagnate.
5. Any area reasonably likely to have a high concentration of houses with 2+ car garages.
I'm much more familiar with Summit county, so I don't even really know where to search.
Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks!