I'm hoping you're right or my steamboat powdercats trip on the 28th is going to be a waste of money.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryColorado Resortstagged by rx2ski, 4/29/15
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion Last post on Yesterday at 2:36 pm in General Skiing Discussion
- March In Colorado Last post on 4/16/16 at 10:17am in Trip Reports
- Weekend trip to Colorado Last post on 12/27/15 at 9:20pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2015-16 Colorado Weather Discussion Last post on 8/16/16 at 7:36am in General Skiing Discussion
- Colorado: Is there a "best" time to head down from Summit County on I-70? Last post on 12/5/13 at 12:32pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Ski North America's Finest Resorts for Less than $100 a Day
Last edited: 11/23/12
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
2014-15 Colorado Weather Discussion - Page 34
I gotta say, Im getting pretty nervous, me and my buddies already booked our flights for 2 weeks from now and are getting a little antsy with the lack thereof new storms passing through the rockies. Our tentative plan is flying into Denver and going wherever the snow is best at that time
The Highland Bowl probably has the best steep skiing in the state right now, see how many laps you can do.
Aspen's gated terrain like Bingo and SQR are still skiing well.
Snowmass has a lot of crusiers up high.
I took my two oldest sons up for the "Patrol Sweep" as part of Copper's safety weekend (forget what they call it). There was a family from Australia that signed up with three kids who I guess are on the Perisher ski team judging by their coats (in blue in the pic below behind my two boys). Pretty cool all the way around, and I have two boys interested in junior ski patrol now . We got off the mountain at 5 and it had been snowing for a bit and things were starting to freshen up some, not that the snow we've had blowing around recently has been shabby. Sounds like it is maybe overproducing at least a little bit.
Copper was totally uncrowded today, and we hit zero traffic leaving at about 6pm.
@ Timberline ski patrol.
Terrible lines at 11:30 or so with son #3...
Snowstake totals this morning.
Loveland - 9"
Copper - Just shy of 8"
Breck - 6"
Keystone - 6"
Vail (BSB) - 6"
Beaver Creek - 6"
Winter Park - Having trouble making out the numbers but looks like 5"
Crested Butte - 1.5"
Aspen - .5"
Might be reconsidering skiing Aspen today.
Speaking of ABasin, there is an interesting note today from Al's blog about the avalauncher:
Craziest thing... the patroller at the top of Tucker said they got an early start on control work there with the avalauncher this year. I asked about what they are doing after the CDOT avalauncher accident and he was clueless. He hadn't really heard of it, and thought it might have been a howitzer!?!? Hopefully we'll see blast structures like Abasin's popping up at Copper this summer. Nice simple and cheap solution.
If you watch the time lapse it's definitely more than reported. Looks like it got over 10" before being cleared.
That's been the story this winter - warm gaps between cycles that have consistently over-produced. Forecast was 1-4". And now there is another system that is going to drop southeast out of Wyoming tomorrow that should keep things going, probably favoring the eastern areas. A storm running south out of central CA should produce for southern areas as well.
I have caused the boat to get skunked. @tam is gonna kick my ass.....
I have caused the boat to get skunked. @tam
is gonna kick my ass.....
I, however, thank you profusely for sending it our way. Hell of a morning at Loveland.
- 2014-15 Colorado Weather Discussion
- › 87 degree side edge too much for park? 3 minutes ago
- › Winter Park 4 pack lift tickets? 18 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 22 minutes ago
- › Which model intuition? 42 minutes ago
- › NOAA Winter Outlook issued 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › FS: 2015 Fischer motive 95 (180 cm) + Look Pivot 12 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › ski signs trail marking 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Cross country skiing, colorful (base layer) clothing 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer