It's raining steadily here in Longmont, with occasional rumbles.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryColorado Resortstagged by rx2ski, 4/29/15
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion Last post on Yesterday at 2:36 pm in General Skiing Discussion
- March In Colorado Last post on 4/16/16 at 10:17am in Trip Reports
- Weekend trip to Colorado Last post on 12/27/15 at 9:20pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2015-16 Colorado Weather Discussion Last post on 8/16/16 at 7:36am in General Skiing Discussion
- Colorado: Is there a "best" time to head down from Summit County on I-70? Last post on 12/5/13 at 12:32pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Ski North America's Finest Resorts for Less than $100 a Day
Last edited: 11/23/12
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
2014-15 Colorado Weather Discussion - Page 129
Amazing hail in northeast Denver last night.
Today, Friday. went to A bay first thing, ~first chair.
It was raining, pretty hard on the lower half of the mountain, wet graupel falling up above. It rained harder, then lightening closure for ~40 minutes, starting about 9:35 am.
Could have used portable windshield wipers. And/or a trash bag. Still, okay skiing, hit no rocks.
It cleared up to partly cloudy about 11:00 am. But it seemed like the rain had corroded Ramrod, etc. a bit, maybe from overnight also.
GS skis, trench the slush, fun.
Yikes. And more rain/sky slush coming as this storm moves in. @tball looks like the RBS has started...
With the 7-9" of RAIN on the Front Range, could you imagine if just a fraction of that had made it as snow to A-Basin? I know, I'm dreaming.
These storms are driving my dog nuts therefore neither of us have gotten much sleep.
This year is a different story, so I guess we'll see...
We are going to stay in a very wet pattern, but that isn't translating to snow right now up on the continental divide. Will be interesting to see if the melt slows, or if there is anything snow up high, over the next week.
No, sorry, I'm down in NE Denver. And yes. Bicycling in the rain, coming up.
Web Cam at Base Area
6/6/2015 1:59 PM
Looks like just a warning shot so far. Those poor little bumps are trying to run away, aren't making it too far:
The mass slaughter can't be far off. I'm kinda happy it's likely to happen over the weekend when I'm not sitting in front of my computer.
Maybe there will still be a few more days of Ramrod bumps on the top section into mid-week? Seem doubtful Ramrod will make it to next weekend given the forecast (this is for Keystone):
This threw me for a loop--On The Snow has a photo for the webcam that shows that it is out of service on ABasin's web site.
As far as the Front Range, got a call from family at the Rockies game and they were taking cover from the storms.
I'm heading out to go get a ThunderShirt for my dog. I'm afraid if I don't try something, she's going to have a heart attack.
Well, midweek doesn't exist for skiing now, which I just realized while planning to ski on Monday .
Duh. Well, I guess that's it for me, although the chances of me making it up early this week before the Ramrod demise were slim anyway.
Kinda sad given the conditions and recent weekday crowds. They seemed to be doing a great business weekdays the last two weeks (I skied a weekday each). I was really surprised at the full lower lot, and number of folks buying BBQ at BML. Good for A-basin!
Where I live (near Johnson's Corners), I felt like we escaped serious weather today. However, the day started off at 4:30 AM with the sirens at the firehouse going off with the fire engine sirens screaming. Damn BBQ Day!! This is how they announced that the fireman's breakfast starts at 5 AM. With the tornadoes just days ago, that scared the sh!t out of me! Ended off the day with fireworks keeping my dog on edge.
Anyway, looking at the webcam today a couple of times, there didn't seem to be a lot of people. I guess when they don't have a band scheduled, it's a little mellower.
I guess next weekend will probably be my last hurrah. The following weekend I'm out of town watching my niece compete (figure skating). Although, if they extend, I know I'll try somehow to swing Saturday and drive down to Co Springs from there.
Now I will be grumpy all week, and this is already the Grumpiest Year (globally) on record and it's barely June. Must get out on the MTB tomorrow.
There's no definitive closing date yet.
The base was shown as being 40". I do remember Al saying that during peak meltage, they would lose an average of 4 inches a day. Highs this week range from low to mid 50's. Low's from mid to high 30's. Doesn't sound like a bona fide melt off to me but I guess we'll need to wait and see.
- 2014-15 Colorado Weather Discussion
- › Olin MKVI Comp DH skis 7 minutes ago
- › Alberta/Eastern BC - 2016/17 56 minutes ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Ski Rack: Top of Vehicle with 6-8 Skis? 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Whistler 2017 Gathering- General Info, Questions and Advice Thread 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Late Dec road trip, Tahoe, Sun Valley, Jackson Hole, Alta/Snowbird 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Relatively New Skier, Need Some Help On Ski Width/Shape! 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › Bode News 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD,... 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer