I am a average skier at best...I am 33 so looking for somewhere with nightlife what in your opinion is a better place. I went to Park City Utah last year and was amazing. I loved it so if anyone is thinking of going...go it was awesome. Is Winter here yet? I am so ready :)
Related Forum Threads
- If you could do the ultimate CO ski trip, which slopes would you hit? Last post on 12/22/15 at 3:30pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- CB/Telluride/Taos Last post on 12/4/13 at 4:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Ski village Last post on 10/13/13 at 10:10pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Resort Expansions You Want to See Happen Last post on 2/10/17 at 10:37pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Help me plan my tour of Colorado ski areas! [Feb 2014] Last post on 9/21/13 at 7:46pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Top 5 Fridays - FIS Drone Ban, Discovery News, Crested Butte,...
Last edited: 1/8/16
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Crested Butte or Telluride
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Both places are great for expert skiers but I think Telluride is better for less than expert skiers
Umm Yes winter is here already
Crested Butte has some great nightlife but not much in the way of intermediate terrain. The mountain has a tendency to go from very steep to very flat with not a whole lot in between. The steeps are definitely world class though.
Between Telluride and CB, the choice for an intermediate is Telluride. It is a lot tougher call for experts and comes down to what type of expert terrain you are looking for.
However, I second the above. Aspen has a ton of great intermediate terrain. It is not cheap, but it is not any more expensive than Vail.
I'm totally not a resort-skier. I like little places, but Aspen is so good on so many levels that it is one of the places I pony up to ski at from time to time.
Why not both? I live in Denver and drive to Telluride to ski every couple years and almost always stop by Crested Butte for a day or two on the way down or back. It's about a 3 hour drive between the two. That could interrupt the skiing and partying a bit, but the drive is BEAUTIFUL!
The Butte on closing weekend 2014.
But if has to be only one, go to Telluride first, then CB the following year. Telluride is a bigger mountain and a bigger town with more going on.
- Crested Butte or Telluride
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › RIP Epic - Technical Help 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Death Bed Confessions 4 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › We Heard You! 5 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Who is the ultimate thread "killer"? 5 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Epic Ski Archives Project 6 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Everybody Laugh at the Funny Joke (bye bye) 7 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Reshaping only the toe box of Dalbello Thermo Custom Fit Intuitions 7 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › What, no hockey fans? 7 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › PA/DE/So. NJ 2016/2017 11 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review