I am a average skier at best...I am 33 so looking for somewhere with nightlife what in your opinion is a better place. I went to Park City Utah last year and was amazing. I loved it so if anyone is thinking of going...go it was awesome. Is Winter here yet? I am so ready :)
Related Forum Threads
- If you could do the ultimate CO ski trip, which slopes would you hit? Last post on 12/22/15 at 3:30pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- CB/Telluride/Taos Last post on 12/4/13 at 4:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Ski village Last post on 10/13/13 at 10:10pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Resort Expansions You Want to See Happen Last post on 9/29/16 at 7:30am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Help me plan my tour of Colorado ski areas! [Feb 2014] Last post on 9/21/13 at 7:46pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Top 5 Fridays - FIS Drone Ban, Discovery News, Crested Butte,...
Last edited: 1/8/16
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Crested Butte or Telluride
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Both places are great for expert skiers but I think Telluride is better for less than expert skiers
Umm Yes winter is here already
Crested Butte has some great nightlife but not much in the way of intermediate terrain. The mountain has a tendency to go from very steep to very flat with not a whole lot in between. The steeps are definitely world class though.
Between Telluride and CB, the choice for an intermediate is Telluride. It is a lot tougher call for experts and comes down to what type of expert terrain you are looking for.
However, I second the above. Aspen has a ton of great intermediate terrain. It is not cheap, but it is not any more expensive than Vail.
I'm totally not a resort-skier. I like little places, but Aspen is so good on so many levels that it is one of the places I pony up to ski at from time to time.
Why not both? I live in Denver and drive to Telluride to ski every couple years and almost always stop by Crested Butte for a day or two on the way down or back. It's about a 3 hour drive between the two. That could interrupt the skiing and partying a bit, but the drive is BEAUTIFUL!
The Butte on closing weekend 2014.
But if has to be only one, go to Telluride first, then CB the following year. Telluride is a bigger mountain and a bigger town with more going on.
- Crested Butte or Telluride
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Bode News 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Japan Jan. 2017 - Looking for some planning advice/help! 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Crasche Hat Product Review 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › Deciding between staying in Alta or Park City area - Family Trip 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 3 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Car Camping - Drying Gear (without power outlets) 3 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Breck for New Years 4 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Soft shell vs hard shell travel case 4 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Ski Repair/Tune Advice 4 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis