I am a average skier at best...I am 33 so looking for somewhere with nightlife what in your opinion is a better place. I went to Park City Utah last year and was amazing. I loved it so if anyone is thinking of going...go it was awesome. Is Winter here yet? I am so ready :)
Related Forum Threads
- If you could do the ultimate CO ski trip, which slopes would you hit? Last post on 12/22/15 at 3:30pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- CB/Telluride/Taos Last post on 12/4/13 at 4:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Ski village Last post on 10/13/13 at 10:10pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Resort Expansions You Want to See Happen Last post on 2/10/17 at 10:37pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Help me plan my tour of Colorado ski areas! [Feb 2014] Last post on 9/21/13 at 7:46pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Top 5 Fridays - FIS Drone Ban, Discovery News, Crested Butte,...
Last edited: 1/8/16
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
Crested Butte or Telluride
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Both places are great for expert skiers but I think Telluride is better for less than expert skiers
Umm Yes winter is here already
Crested Butte has some great nightlife but not much in the way of intermediate terrain. The mountain has a tendency to go from very steep to very flat with not a whole lot in between. The steeps are definitely world class though.
Between Telluride and CB, the choice for an intermediate is Telluride. It is a lot tougher call for experts and comes down to what type of expert terrain you are looking for.
However, I second the above. Aspen has a ton of great intermediate terrain. It is not cheap, but it is not any more expensive than Vail.
I'm totally not a resort-skier. I like little places, but Aspen is so good on so many levels that it is one of the places I pony up to ski at from time to time.
Why not both? I live in Denver and drive to Telluride to ski every couple years and almost always stop by Crested Butte for a day or two on the way down or back. It's about a 3 hour drive between the two. That could interrupt the skiing and partying a bit, but the drive is BEAUTIFUL!
The Butte on closing weekend 2014.
But if has to be only one, go to Telluride first, then CB the following year. Telluride is a bigger mountain and a bigger town with more going on.
- Crested Butte or Telluride
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 7 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 21 minutes ago
- › Taos Ski Valley 2016-2017 Ski, Stoke, Weather 27 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 28 minutes ago
- › Side/base angles: please explain, thanks 34 minutes ago
- › Why don't more people carve? (started in "Ski Softly" thread) 49 minutes ago
- › Ski carving how to improve 52 minutes ago
- › Bump turn on flats 55 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 58 minutes ago
- › Sitting in the backseat 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › Manning Park Resort by davidykay
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!