I am a average skier at best...I am 33 so looking for somewhere with nightlife what in your opinion is a better place. I went to Park City Utah last year and was amazing. I loved it so if anyone is thinking of going...go it was awesome. Is Winter here yet? I am so ready :)
Related Forum Threads
- If you could do the ultimate CO ski trip, which slopes would you hit? Last post on 12/22/15 at 3:30pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- CB/Telluride/Taos Last post on 12/4/13 at 4:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Ski village Last post on 10/13/13 at 10:10pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Resort Expansions You Want to See Happen Last post on 9/29/16 at 7:30am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Help me plan my tour of Colorado ski areas! [Feb 2014] Last post on 9/21/13 at 7:46pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Top 5 Fridays - FIS Drone Ban, Discovery News, Crested Butte,...
Last edited: 1/8/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Crested Butte or Telluride
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Both places are great for expert skiers but I think Telluride is better for less than expert skiers
Umm Yes winter is here already
Crested Butte has some great nightlife but not much in the way of intermediate terrain. The mountain has a tendency to go from very steep to very flat with not a whole lot in between. The steeps are definitely world class though.
Between Telluride and CB, the choice for an intermediate is Telluride. It is a lot tougher call for experts and comes down to what type of expert terrain you are looking for.
However, I second the above. Aspen has a ton of great intermediate terrain. It is not cheap, but it is not any more expensive than Vail.
I'm totally not a resort-skier. I like little places, but Aspen is so good on so many levels that it is one of the places I pony up to ski at from time to time.
Why not both? I live in Denver and drive to Telluride to ski every couple years and almost always stop by Crested Butte for a day or two on the way down or back. It's about a 3 hour drive between the two. That could interrupt the skiing and partying a bit, but the drive is BEAUTIFUL!
The Butte on closing weekend 2014.
But if has to be only one, go to Telluride first, then CB the following year. Telluride is a bigger mountain and a bigger town with more going on.
- Crested Butte or Telluride
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Bottom of Foot Pain - Tried it All (long read, please help) 3 minutes ago
- › CO Man ordered to pay $260,000 in damages from skiing accident 4 minutes ago
- › Best ski location on the east coast??? 7 minutes ago
- › What's your ski trip rig? Lets see some pictures! 22 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 24 minutes ago
- › Boot Buying Etiquette 24 minutes ago
- › First Time Buying Skis and Boots - Do It All Together? 28 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 35 minutes ago
- › 2015 Fischer Motive 95 180cm quick review 50 minutes ago
- › New 2016 Head Monster 83 and 2016 Ramp Frenzy 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer